Comics Blashemy!

That's tragic yet hilarious -- someone bound all those rare Spidey comics together as one hardcover book. :eek:

I wonder when the binding was done. The eBay seller should state that.

If the comics were bound back in the '60s (when people didn't know any better), it doesn't seem quite as moronic as if they were bound in say, the '80s.

Donald Thomas a proposal

what would you do for one more day?

Well, pete nor Mj woulda hve sold their souls either.

looking back...It would have been nice if one more day....spent less issues of pete moping and continuing the aunt may depressed pete phase...and got right to their devil deal.....so they could have spent mroe time on the meat and potatoes and showed MJ and Pete spending time together enjoying each other more before dealing with the devil.

It still would have been dopey, the whole thing revolving around the devil...and out of character, since they were currently dealing with listening to IRON-MAN at that point, and the remifications...(so why then go and listen to an even MORE OBVIOUS person, that JUMPS OUT as a person NOT to listen to or go along with HIS idea...)

BUT AT LEAST (is what i'm saying) if they showed how PEte and MJ spent more time...it'd have a more touching aspect to it....still....it was obvious they didn't want to dwell on pete and mj too much since the plan was to throw them under the bus.

Wow, I think it's cool that they are bound... It looks pretty professional, it even has the gold foil lettering...
If I had $5k I would buy this.

Wow, I think it's cool that they are bound... It looks pretty professional, it even has the gold foil lettering...
If I had $5k I would buy this.

Aloha,
If it's your personal collection fine you can do what you want. But from a collectible standpoint -HE RUINED those books.That's why he has to ask SO LITTLE for them.NEVER use tape,staples or any type of ink on the cover of your collectble books.The ink mark that is sometimes drawn acroos the barcode is acceptable(see the latest Wizard letter page) but even an autograph, if not with COA, can take away from the value of a comic, in some circles. Again, if it's yours and you never intend to sell them then it's another story.
Spidey rules

This would be like getting possession of the Statue of Liberty and then saying "Hey! Let's fix it!" and fixing the crack.

It'd be like undoing the tilt on the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Taking something priceless and then "making it even better" in all the wrong ways. :(

This would be like getting possession of the Statue of Liberty and then saying "Hey! Let's fix it!" and fixing the crack.

It'd be like undoing the tilt on the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Taking something priceless and then "making it even better" in all the wrong ways. :(

Aloha,
I think you meant the Liberty Bell.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
Mephisto rears his putrid head once again.Go to this link and see what this man did to Amazing Fantasy#15 -Amazing Spider-Man #1-25.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-1-25-Great-Set_W0QQitemZ290196431699QQihZ019QQcategoryZ32739QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Spidey rules

You know, while we may find this crazy, it's a lot more common than you'd think. And I've seen this before.

While I'm British, my roots and parents are from Bangladesh/India.

They both told me that this was a very commone thing to do to their collections when they were young, to keep 'em clean. Despite there being NO collectors market!

I've always wondered how many of these are floating around in the western world now...

Aloha,
If it's your personal collection fine you can do what you want. But from a collectible standpoint -HE RUINED those books.That's why he has to ask SO LITTLE for them.NEVER use tape,staples or any type of ink on the cover of your collectble books.The ink mark that is sometimes drawn acroos the barcode is acceptable(see the latest Wizard letter page) but even an autograph, if not with COA, can take away from the value of a comic, in some circles. Again, if it's yours and you never intend to sell them then it's another story.
Spidey rules

I don't necessarily agree.
Are the books ruined? They are professionally bound. The only thing he has done is put them all together. I don't know. Maybe I am wrong, but what he did seems like a collectible in it's own right. A one of a kind hardcover of the original first ASM comics, in great condition as well.
I don't think the value should be less than if they were in their original state, the only difference is you can't buy them individually, or sell them individually.

I do not think this is at all the same thing as "un-leaning the tower of pisa" or "fixing a crack in the liberty bell". Getting your comics "repaired", or whatever they call it, is.

We've seen this guys bound ASM collection previously, and already discussed what a dumbass he is.

I think the first time I saw his bound collection was a couple of years ago on a show about comicbooks, strangely enough.

Whoa...I dunno what to say...on one hand, it's kinda cool. and on the other, it makes me weep that all those originals got bound like that :(

Either way, I'm happy with my ASM omnibus, so it's all good I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"