Comics Amazing Spider-Man Continuity

Donald Thomas

The Black ArachKnight
Reaction score
Aloha,
If you haven't already, check out the new
page20_OIMU1.jpg

Official Index to the Marvel Universe.I would say that it is the most comprehensive synopsis of Amazing Spider-Man EVER! It recognizes most if not all continuity errors in past Amazing Spider-Man issues starting with Amazing Fantasy #15 and running through every single issue of Amazing.Currently its up to issue #4.Issue #1 includes AF #15, Amazing 1-51 and Annuals 1-4.A MUST HAVE!
Spidey rules

What is this?

a regular comic? A tradepaperback? a hardcover?

Give us links and more info, Sir Donald... :up:

:yay:

It's a comic-format text-based book, similar to the classic Indexes that came out a few years ago. Ya get a cover scan, synopsis, complete character/item listing, publication information and any other bonus trivia tidbits that may be available fer an issue.

Or, as I like to put it; possibly more info than you EVER wanted to know about a particular book.

Click the link in my sig to go to Marvel.com, and check out the catalogue, first week of every month. That's the usual release schedule.

Oh, and lemme add that the trivia included is everything that's known at the time a particular Index issue is written. If it hasn't been printed in a Marvel book yet it won't be included in the Index. So, sorry, folks; no answers about BND yet!

But these books only cover Spidey, Ironman and X-men (Their big hit movie franchises... hmmm.).

Is their any mention of indexes for other classic titles?

Not at this time, but if the current Index performs to Marvel's liking then there's a good chance it can continue on to other books.

What is this?

a regular comic? A tradepaperback? a hardcover?

Give us links and more info, Sir Donald... :up:

Aloha,
Each comic book format issue gives a very good synopsis as well as catches continuity errors made in that issue.You have to remember that the Official Marvel Index to the Amazing Spider-Man #1-9- ONLY went up to #215.This new Marvel Index is an attempt at the entire run.
page20_OIMU1.jpg

#1 starts at Amazing Fantasy #15 through Amazing Spider-Man #52 including Annuals #1-5.

page20_OIMU2.jpg

#2 goes from Amazing #53-102.

page20_OIMH3.jpg

#3 goes from #103-146, including Giant Size Spider-Man #1-6, Amazing Spider-Man Special(annual) #6-9,Giant Size Super Heroes #1.

page20_OIMH4.jpg

#4 Starts at #147-197 and Annual #10.

Not sure how many issues will come out in total, but if they do from 43-50 issues of Spidey per month then it will take about 7-8 more issues before we get into current BND.

And I agree with you Dragon, these indexes are for the movie stars of Marvel.Which makes good business sense. From what I've read, this is a 70 Years of Marvel Comics celebration.I would imagine that The Hulk,FF,Thor and Avengers would also get this treatment at some point.

If continuity is your thing-This is one of the best for Amazing Spider-Man ever!
Spidey rules

Last edited:
Cool... :up:

And yes Sir Donald, I still own those Spider-Man Indexes... as well as the Marvel Team-Up ones...

Thanks...

Should I mention I'm a writer on the series?
Congratulations, man! Always great to see a hypester make good.. Not to mention get paid for this mountain of useless information we absorb:woot:

Thanks, guys! No, Donald, I've never heard a definitive number. More or less we just churn 'em out till Marvel tells us to stop. So you keep readin', and we'll keep producin'!

Thanks, guys! No, Donald, I've never heard a definitive number. More or less we just churn 'em out till Marvel tells us to stop. So you keep readin', and we'll keep producin'!

Aloha,
I salute you sir for an excellent body of work thus far.And I intend to keep readin'.
Spidey rules with continuity

Congratulations, man! Always great to see a hypester make good.. Not to mention get paid for this mountain of useless information we absorb
That's why the Index is so great. You don't have to fill you brain with all this stuff.We've got a reference source.:word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"