• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blink 182 Reunion!

This....is not needed. Blink 182 were absolute garbage. Between this and the Creed reuinon, were in for tough times.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Blink or Creed, but you can always choose not to listen to them.

There is only way I will be okay with this.

If they use the proceeds from the concert to work on resurrecting Keith Moon and/or John Bonham

Guys, just accept it for what it is. Sure they're not the greatest most deep band in the world but they're fun and have some good feel good tunes. Hell my favourite bands are The Doors, The Rolling Stones, U2 people who've had a bigger impact on music. But I can just listen to something that isn't so heavy and can help me forget about things.

Here are the tour dates for Blink & Weezer:

July 24: Las Vegas (the Joint)
July 28: Vancouver (GM Place)
July 30: Calgary, AB (Saddledome)
July 31: Edmonton, AB (Rexall Place)
Aug. 1: Saskatoon, SK (Credit Union Center)
Aug. 2: Winnipeg, MB (MTS Centre)
Aug. 4: Milwaukee (Marcus Amphitheater)
Aug. 6: Boston (Comcast Center)
Aug. 7 Quebec City, QC (Colisee Pepsi)
Aug. 8: Montreal (Bell Centre)
Aug. 9: Wantagh, N.Y. (Nikon Theater at Jones Beach)
Aug. 12: Hershey, Pa. (the Star Pavilion)
Aug. 13: Cincinnati (Riverbend Music Center)
Aug. 14: Pittsburgh (Post Gazette Pavilion)
Aug. 15: Chicago (First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre)
Aug. 16: Omaha, Neb. (Westfair Amphitheater)
Aug. 18: Minneapolis (Xcel Energy Center)
Aug. 20: Indianapolis (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Aug. 21: Buffalo, N.Y. (Darien Lakes Performing Arts Center)
Aug. 22: Detroit (DTE Energy Music Theatre)
Aug. 23: Toronto (Molson Amphitheater)
Aug. 25: Holmdel, N.J. (PNC Bank Arts Center)
Aug. 27: Saratoga, N.Y. (Saratoga Performing Arts Center)
Aug. 28: Camden, Pa. (Susquehanna Bank Center)
Aug. 29: Hartford, Conn. (New England Dodge Music Center)
Aug. 30: Washington, D.C. (TBD)
Aug. 31: Wantagh, N.Y. (Nikon Theater at Jones Beach)
Sept. 2: Cleveland (Blossom Music Center)
Sept. 3: St. Louis (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Sept. 4: Kansas City, Kan. (Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone)
Sept. 6: Denver (Fiddlers Green Amphitheater)
Sept. 7: Salt Lake City (David O. McKay Events Center)
Sept. 10: Seattle (White River Amphitheater)
Sept. 12: Sacramento, Calif. (Sleep Train Amphitheater)
Sept. 13: Mountain View, Calif. (Shoreline Amphitheater)
Sept. 14: Santa Barbara, Calif. (Santa Barbara Bowl)
Sept. 16: San Diego (Cricket Wireless Amphitheater)
Sept. 17: Irvine, Calif. (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Sept. 19: Phoenix (Tempe Beach Park)
Sept. 21: Albuquerque, N.M. (Journal Pavilion)
Sept. 23: Dallas (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion)
Sept. 24: Houston (Superpages.com Center)
Sept. 26: West Palm Beach, Fla. (Cruzan Amphitheater)
Sept. 27: Tampa, Fla. (Ford Amphitheater)
Sept. 29: Atlanta (Lakewood Amphitheater)
Oct. 1: Charlotte, N.C. (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Oct. 2: Virginia Beach, Va. (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Oct. 3: Atlantic City, N.J. (Borgata Events Center)

It's an awesome year to see the bands I grew up on. Green Day, The Offspriing, now Blink-182. :D

Blink just performed The Rock Show on Leno. I was hoping they'd at least break out a new song, but they sang a song that's 9 years old instead. They seemed a little rusty too. I think they may be forcing this come back instead of taking their time recording an album and then touring. It's all in reverse.

they just played on leno again. it was weird. in highschool i was way into the band, this was when i had really "misguided" taste in music, and its embarrassing to admit. either way, it was weird seeing them again. they played all the small things, ugh. it looked like grown men playing dress up, pretending to be something they're clearly not. it was uncomfortable. it felt very forced. tom looked like it was just hell to be on stage doing this again. mark looked like he was doing his best to make it appear fun. travis did what he was hired to do. but it had no soul.

Man. I just saw the Leno performance of Rock Show. Tom was sounding a little rusty, but the other two, especially Travis, still got that original energy.

But it just seems...depleted. They were only broken up for what, 4 or 5 years? Getting back together and immediately going on tour to play from their "Best Hits" album seems a little desperate. This is more something you do 10-20 years later. If they're going to make a new album like I heard, they should do that first and then use these old standbys for nostalgia.

But as it is, they just come off as a nostalgia band. And as someone who grew up in the late '90s and beginning of this decade, I can really appreciate that, as I like most of my generation embarassingly will admit liking them. But seeing grown men pushing 40 singing about "She's so cool...I can't wait until her parents go out of town," just seems wrong.

I dunno, maybe because Green Day, another (and much better) favorite growing up just came out with an album last week (one I've been slightly obsessing over the last few days) makes it just more apparent. At their shows they will still sing Longview, Good Riddance, Minority, etc. but the main point of the tour is this album which is also written by three men pushing 40--and it's a three-act concept album about how ****ed up this decade has been just not politically, but also socially, religiously and psychologically and is them trying new things musically (even if it pisses off older fans).

Blink-182 seems a wee bit desperate to be getting back together after 5 years or less and then immediately going on a nostalgia tour.

Oh well, I don't hate them and think they made some fun catchy radio pop that is better than what is on the Top 40 today and will rake in the millions this summer due to it. So, congrats. No hard feelings.

Last edited:
They were on Leno again? I had no idea. Is it a week-long deal or something?

Anyway, like I said, this comeback seems forced. They didn't seem very into their performance last night and just the thought of seeing/hearing a group of guys in their mid-30's perform songs about peepee & poopoo...I don't know, it doesn't really appeal to me. Initially, I was excited about them getting back together and touring, but after putting some thought into it - yeah, not so much anymore.

Wow. I just watched All the Small Things on Leno.

:(

This is why nostalgia tours will usually suck. Tom's voice was AWFUL. I mean he was trying but he just sounded bad, I had to feel sorry for him. And then I watched on Youtube the video and original recording of that song...that was depressing.

ok so i heard some good news (if your a fan of the self-titled album) about the new single that they will performing during the tour Tom said its like something that would have made the album and it features both Tom and Mark on vocals and both wrote the song. The title of the song will be “The Night The Moon Was Gone” (Hoppus’ alternate title: “The Day The Sun Said Suck It”) and it supposed to have a feel of floyd,rush, and quicksand but have the melodic structure of a normal Blink song, this all came from Tom's blog and recent interviews.

ok so i heard some good news (if your a fan of the self-titled album) about the new single that they will performing during the tour Tom said its like something that would have made the album and it features both Tom and Mark on vocals and both wrote the song. The title of the song will be “The Night The Moon Was Gone” (Hoppus’ alternate title: “The Day The Sun Said Suck It”) and it supposed to have a feel of floyd,rush, and quicksand but have the melodic structure of a normal Blink song, this all came from Tom's blog and recent interviews.

We'll see how that turns out. I still maintain that they should have recorded the new album prior to touring.

Updated supporting acts on Blink's tour. Not interested in seeing them so much if I'm going to be stuck with FOB, AAR, and some one-hit wonder opening instead of Weezer.

July 24…Las Vegas, NV…The Joint…Motion City Soundtrack, Chester French…5/30

July 28…Vancouver, BC…GM Place…All American Rejects, Chester French…6/6

July 30…Calgary, AB…Saddledome…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects…6/6

July 31…Edmonton, AB…Rexall Place…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects…6/6

August 1…Saskatoon, SK…Credit Union Centre…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects…6/6

August 2…Winnipeg, MB…MTS Centre…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects…6/6

August 4…Milwaukee, WI…Marcus Amphitheater…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…6/6

August 6…Boston, MA…Comcast Center…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…6/13

August 7…Montreal, QC…Bell Centre…Fall Out Boy, Planet Smashers…5/30

August 8…Portland, ME…Cumberland County Civic Center…Fall Out Boy, Chester French…6/6

August 12…Hershey, PA…Hershey Park Pavilion/Stadium…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…5/30

August 13…Cincinnati, OH…Riverbend…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…5/30

August 14…Pittsburgh, PA…Post Gazette Pavilion…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…5/30

August 15…Chicago, IL…First Midwest Bank Pavilion…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…5/30

August 16…Omaha, NE…WestFair Ampitheater…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…6/6

August 18…Minneapolis, MN…Xcel Center…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…6/6

August 20…Indianapolis, IN…Verizon Wireless Amphitheater…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…6/6

August 21…Buffalo, NY…Darien Lake PAC…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…6/6

August 22…Detroit, MI…DTE Energy Music Center…Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Chester French…6/6

August 23…Toronto, ON…Molson Ampitheater…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French…6/5

August 25…Wantach, NY…Nikon Theater at Jones Beach…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French…6/6

August 26…Holmdel, NJ…PNC Bank Arts Center…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French…6/6

August 28…Camden, NJ…Susquehanna Bank Center…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French…5/30

August 29…Hartford, CT…New England Dodge Music Center…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French…5/30

August 30…Washington, DC…TBA (hope it happens)…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French

August 31…Saratoga, NY…SPAC…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French…6/6

September 2…Cleveland, OH…Blossom…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French…5/30

September 3…St Louis, MO…Verizon Wireless Amphitheater…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French…6/6

September 4…Kansas City, KS…Sandstone Amphitheater…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French..6/27

September 6…Denver, CO…Fiddler’s Green Amphitheater…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French..6/6

September 7…Salt Lake City, UT…McKay Center…Taking Back Sunday, Chester French..6/6

September 10…Seattle, WA…White River Amphitheater…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French..6/6

September 12…Sacramento, CA…Sleep Train Amphitheater…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French..6/13

September 13…Mt View, CA…Shoreline Amphitheater…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Chester French..6/13

September 14…Bakersfield, CA…Rabobank Arena…Taking Back Sunday, Asher Roth…TBD

September 16…San Diego, CA…Cricket Amphitheater…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Asher Roth..6/6

September 17…Irvine, CA…Verizon Wireless Amphitheater…Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Asher Roth…5/30

September 19…Phoenix, AZ…Tempe Beach Park Amphitheater…Fall Out Boy..6/6

September 21…Albuquerque, NM…Journal Pavilion…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Asher Roth…5/30

September 23…Dallas, TX…Superpages.com Center…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Asher Roth…5/30

September 24…Houston, TX…Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Asher Roth..6/6

September 26…West Palm Beach, FL…Cruzan Amphitheater…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Asher Roth…5/30

September 27…Tampa, Fl…Ford Amphitheater…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Asher Roth…5/30

September 29…Atlanta, GA…Lakewood Amphitheater…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Asher Roth…5/30

October 1…Charlotte, NC…Verizon Wireless Amphitheater…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Asher Roth…6/5

October 2…Virginia Beach, VA…Verizon Wireless Amphitheater…Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Asher Roth…5/30

October 3…Atlantic City, NJ…Borgata…Asher Roth…5/30

oh man, guilty pleasures all around. :csad:

except for asher roth, i have no idea who they are actually.

Asher Roth is a white rapper, destined for one hit wonderdom.

i am so glad i am going to see CF when i go.

They range from $20 to $63 if prices in every venue are the same.

the kimmel performance...mixed feelings.

i love the performance but tom really brought it down for me. would it kill him to act excited? he totally trailed off at the end of dammit.

Just watched them perform dammit on Kimmel via youtube. Well it was better than All the Small Things on Leno because this song relied on Mark and Travis more who rock. But yeah, I don't know what happened to Tom but he can't sing anymore and seems incredibly bored with what he's doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"