Transformers Blue & Silver Prime

WalkingDead said:
Personally, at the end of it all...I don't really care if Prime's main color is Red, Blue, Silver, or White. As long as he is designed to be recognizable as Prime and has the vibe of who and what Prime is.

So it's OK if he's a soft purple (red, blue, white paints combined)? I mean, where do you draw the line? OK fine, not purple, but how about a super cool shiny brushed metal silver. Is that cool? I dunno. I'm just asking.

WalkingDead said:
You can't see why he should be red?
or shouldn't be red?

If "why make him red"...well that would be like making Ghost Rider wear a white silk outfit or in the movies, Spidey wears a green and brown outfit instead of the classic red and blue.

whoops.i meant to say i can't see a reason why he can't be red

DorkyFresh said:
i remember that one report from AICN.com where the dude who was talkin' with Bay saw a few concepts for Prime.

he mentioned the red not being in the earlier concepts...

....so if it's in the later concepts, they'll probably be in the final concept.

Well i just watched an interview with Desanto and he said that they were trying to be as faithful as they can and listen to fans and Voight said the same,so to not make Prime would red would seem a very odd way to show that IMO

CFlash said:
So it's OK if he's a soft purple (red, blue, white paints combined)? I mean, where do you draw the line? OK fine, not purple, but how about a super cool shiny brushed metal silver. Is that cool? I dunno. I'm just asking.

First Off, we all know Purple is out of the Question for Prime...they won't do that. No one would.
Dark Blue, Royal Blue, sure that could be Prime's main color.
If his main color was Silver...sure I could handle that.

The line is this:
"What colors can we use that still can represent the character's design and persona well?"

They will always ask that question and use it as a guide. Which is why Bumblebee is still a shade of yellow and black.

As long as there's blue somewhere in there, I'm happy. If there's any other color besides red or silver in there though, I'm angry. You walk a very fine line Micheal Bay....very fine line indeed......indeed.........

call me a purist but i dont see the signifigance in changing primes colours. I've never know him to be anything but a red vehicle so why change that now??

I want a red prime dammit!!

In my opinion, if they don't make him red, it doesn't bother me at all. It would be nice if they kept his original colors, but i'm not one to get upset about that. I remember Optimus Prime as the noble, honorable autobot leader, and as long as they keep that aspect (Which I believe they will), then something trivial as changing the colors doesn't even compare. Again, this is in my opinion.

WalkingDead said:
You can't see why he should be red?
or shouldn't be red?

If "why make him red"...well that would be like making Ghost Rider wear a white silk outfit or in the movies, Spidey wears a green and brown outfit instead of the classic red and blue.
Those comparisons are ridiculous. The color changes you suggested change the character and leave them almost unrecognizable. You have to ask yourself whether or not the colors lend themselves to film and the sense of realism. I'm sorry, but I have never seen a bright red and blue semi in real life and if I've never seen something before then it's going to stick out and that's the last thing they want. The Transformers will want to blend in with their surroundings. Does taking the red out change the character? No. Yes, Prime has always been red (save Beast Wars) but I don't see what the big deal is. I instantly recognized Prime in the first post.

i dont give a damn anymore. make him pink i'll still see the damn movie.

The Lumberjack said:
Those comparisons are ridiculous. The color changes you suggested change the character and leave them almost unrecognizable. You have to ask yourself whether or not the colors lend themselves to film and the sense of realism. I'm sorry, but I have never seen a bright red and blue semi in real life and if I've never seen something before then it's going to stick out and that's the last thing they want. The Transformers will want to blend in with their surroundings. Does taking the red out change the character? No. Yes, Prime has always been red (save Beast Wars) but I don't see what the big deal is. I instantly recognized Prime in the first post.

I tend to agree with Lumberjack. I don't think I've ever seen a red semi and I used to drive a lot in college to visit my girl... through a major industrial corridor no less. If they're updating the rest of the story and changing it from the original, they might as well do this too. What's the big deal (at this point)?

i have seen a red semi, my father drives one. a freightliner that looks just like prime, me and my brother was talking about geting a transformer decal to put on it. yes it is an older model truck, mid 80's probably the model they used to design prime

x-fan said:
i have seen a red semi, my father drives one. a freightliner that looks just like prime, me and my brother was talking about geting a transformer decal to put on it.

If they used a Freighliner Argosy with the proper colors, I'd be ecstatic. But, since Prime will be (according to rumor) a long nose and barely recognizable to begin with, they might as well go all out with a "new vision."

I find it funny that the same folks who are OK with Bumblebee's rape are up in arms over Prime being a firetruck or otherwise a long nose. I personally don't see the difference.

I've seen red trucks. In fact i saw two on saturday and i kept sayin prime when i saw them.

I never said I haven't seen a red semi. I said I've never seen a red and blue semi colored like Prime. Obviously Bay and the design team at least tried to use the classic colors, but they didn't work out.

There is no logical reason why Prime couldn't be red in the Movie. I'm sure he gets the right colors.

Nathan said:
There is no logical reason why Prime couldn't be red in the Movie. I'm sure he gets the right colors.

whose that in your avvy ?

Gray Fox from Twin Snakes. The Metal Gear Solid remake for the Gamecube.

Nice collection of pics... food for imagination
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/craig_hayward.htm
. I especially like the first few at the top of the *modern* Freightliner Argosy. Apparently flat noses are not as outdated as some people contend and they're still used in many places all over the world-esp Europe- and in high-density urban areas (because they're infinitely easier to handle through city streets from what I hear)... I see 'em in NYC all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"