Bob Odenkirk is 'NOBODY' - From the Team Behind 'John Wick'

Just watched trailer and whilst it looks technically accomplished, it's nothing that hasn't been done before (to death).

It looks very fun... but it also feels like it would only really make itself feel “justified” if it were an actual spin-off of John Wick, instead of likely a fun and frantic follower of that film series.

The examples are out there, I don't have to.

4797f32159e8c26b1f62b00f254ede1d.gif

Looks more interesting than John Wick.

I’m up for this, but I’m admittedly a little disappointed that the original logline wasn’t true to what this has turned out to be.

Then again, “non-action guy thrown into the world of violence” is kind of what Better Call Saul dips it’s toes into every once and awhile, and will probably have a lot of in its final season.

So according to the release date of March 26, it should be out already. But I haven't heard much about it. Has anybody seen this movie already?

I should be seeing this tonight, I heard great things.

Nobody is one of those films where you can see how great casting and great production can elevate simple material into being a much better film than it deserves to be. Its exactly what you expected...a John Wick clone and doesn't try to be much more than that. But because the folks involved are old pros at this by now, it completely works. In lesser hands, this is a snoozefest, and would be easy to dismiss based upon the overly rehashed premise....(old guy retired from the "life" comes out of retirement for something innocuous and it escalates into utter insanity). But the cast acts their tails off, the stuntwork is impeccable, even the soundtrack is glorious. Odenkirk's Hutch Mansell is plucked right out of the John Wick universe, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the creatives say the character has crossed paths with Wick.

This is also one of the rare times in these formulaic movies where the 3rd act actually got better, not worse. The unfortunate part is that there isn't enough Connie Nielsen, Rza or Christopher Lloyd, but this is Odenkirk's show and man did he show up. And a perfect 90 minute run time. Get in, get out, did the business that needed to be done without overstaying its welcome. Great job.

7.5/10

Just got out, I thought this was better than John Wick.

I ****ing loved this movie. In terms of what it's setting out to accomplish, it's pretty much a perfect homerun. Totally on the same level as JOHN WICK, and better than either of the sequels.

That being said, I've always said the John Wick movies were somewhat overrated. Nobody pretty much takes the premise of John Wick and the final act of the Equalizer and add some real character development.

The bus scene? one of the best action scenes in recent memory.

That being said, I've always said the John Wick movies were somewhat overrated. Nobody pretty much takes the premise of John Wick and the final act of the Equalizer and add some real character development.
This is definitely a much cleaner story than John Wick.

Any chance it is part of the same world as John Wick?

There's nothing in here that suggest that, but it could be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"