Bob Odenkirk is 'NOBODY' - From the Team Behind 'John Wick'

I hated the teasers for this movie on YouTube... There that's my contribution to this thread.

Spoilerish

This movie has the best off camera object throw to someone's head since Daredevil

ntIGXvh.gif

Loved this flick. :up:

Spoilerish

This movie has the best off camera object throw to someone's head since Daredevil

ntIGXvh.gif
Yes!!! It was even better to me because of the set up...
Him grabbing that chair and with the angry walk has you going, "oh boy, who's gettin' the chair" and then it cuts that hospital room and the chair enters the frame so fast as soon as the guy's head lifts from the pillow. I died. :funny:

I know with the pandemic and all the box office prospects are not great here, but I really hope some sort of miracle happens because I want a sequel dammit. I need more Hutch & fam.

Any chance it is part of the same world as John Wick?
It's not explicitly tied to it in the movie, but the way Hutch's government world operates - characters having mundane titles like "the Auditor" and "the Barber" makes me think it was either originally intended to be OR just intentionally ambiguous enough so that it could fit in that world should they choose to take it that way.

I finally got around to seeing this and damn was this movie awesome on every level and almost completely made up for the waste of time that new Mortal Kombat movie was.

I loved everthing in the third act, especially all the Christopher Lloyd stuff and who knew Bob Odenkirk was so great at playing such a convincing badass after being mostly known as Saul Goodman.

I don't expect it to happen, but it would pretty awesome seeing Hutch Mansell and John Wick crossover or atleast somekind of sequel that takes place in this universe.

It's definitely going to be one of my favorite films of the year though.

Id give this a 5/10. It was a bit too shallow and underdeveloped. The plot wasn't exciting. The villain was paper thin and not interesting. The tone was inconsistent. And the protagonist randomly swapping between emasculated or ineffectual and psychopathic brutality was not enjoyable.

Overall it felt like a poor man's attempt at John Wick. There are signs of potential, and I think Odenkirk could play a good cold sociopathic assassin or a serial killer like Kevin Costner's Mr. Brooks. But a charismatic super assassin he is not.

Thanks to Dr. Fauci and the Pfizer Gang, I was able to get back to the theater for the first time in over a year, and BOY am I glad this was my first movie back.

Wildly over-the-top action delivered perfectly. I absolutely think this is on par with John Wick, and would love to see them cross over at some point. Christopher Lloyd was a blast, Bob Odenkirk transitioned into the role flawlessly and the action was just SO. FREAKING. FUN.

I wish it had done more with the themes it was working with, which all just kind of got tossed out the window once we hit the third act, and I wish a certain character hadn't been killed off so soon, but other than that, it was so good. And **** does it feel great to be back at the movies!

I thought it was fine. Odenkirk was very good in the role and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him get a sequel.

Nice to see Michael Ironside too!

This was an absolute blast. Thoroughly enjoyed it. More than any other recent blockbuster that has come out. Simple but very effective storytelling and the action scenes are just *chef’s kiss*. The bus fight might’ve been my favourite just because how messy and sort of real it felt but the finale was terrific too. And damn, Christopher Lloyd kicked so much ass:mrk:.

I'll be honest (in this thread no less) I was scathing of the trailer and thought this had nothing 'original' to add to the genre of hit-men films, and given it's production links with the JW franchise, seemed to be a carbon copy of that. However, having watched it few weeks back, it's an absolute riot and I stand corrected.

Breezy, funny, engaging and solid action, loved it.

Bought this on Amazon and had a lot of fun with this. I must admit, this movie wasn't quite what I thought it was. I thought this was going to be about your average, everyday nondescript working schlub who ends up having a mid life crisis and turns into a total bad ass. i didnt realize Odenkirk's character was already a badass but trying to be normal family man.

Odenkirk was great in this, this definitely felt like john Wick 2.0. This could easily exist in the same world. Well shot, it has that same tongue in cheek humor the JW movies have and it doesnt take itself too seriously. Honestly, this could easily be a direct to video B-movie but Odenkirk and the director elevate it above that fare.

I thought this was going to be about your average, everyday nondescript working schlub who ends up having a mid life crisis and turns into a total bad ass.
I believe that was somewhat the original idea, which is a movie I would want to see as well. I need to get the best release for this on BD. Hopefully is will be or has been done justice (unlike Upgrade's initial release until Second Sight put out a better set).

David Leitch Teases a 'Nobody' Sequel is Being Written With Everyone On Board

Leitch expressed just how much the first film meant to everyone involved and how fun it was to work on the project with that cast and crew. More importantly, he noted the excitement of everyone, including the studio behind it, to return to Hutch's world with a potential sequel. "Oh, I think everyone's really excited about it," he told Collider. "Everyone involved is like, 'Full steam ahead.' We are in the script process, and I think we had so much fun making that. Kelly and I had a blast, the actors had a blast, the studio loved the results, and it's happening. I mean, I think it's happening as fast as we can make it happen."

Despite the desire to make a sequel happen, things don't always turn out that way for one reason or another. Leitch put those fears to rest when asked if he believed the world of Nobody really would return to screens, showing his utmost confidence in the film. "Yes, I do," he replied. "I do, because there are these certain journeys that you go on, and they're just undeniable experiences for the people involved. And that was one of them. And I think all of us want to go back and play in that universe, and we want to see Bob bring that character to life again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"