Bone: The Complete Volume

Overman27pj

Civilian
Reaction score
188896314X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

About half way thru, real quick read, pretty entertaining so far! I highly suggest...anytime you can buy the full epic of anything in one volume for $30 or so you are looking good.

i've only read the individual volumes before, which I quite enjoyed.
is this version collecting the coloured versions or the b/w line art?

There is no excuse for anyone not to read this.

Got it. Read it. Loved it. Whenever they finally do a collected color version, I'll probably buy it too.

I think I'll wait for the collected color version, myself. I've wanted to read Bone for a while, but if they have colored art, I'd rather read it with that.

I think I'll wait for the collected color version, myself. I've wanted to read Bone for a while, but if they have colored art, I'd rather read it with that.

I imagine it'll probably be a while. Scholastic has been updating the individual volumes by coloring them and releasing them slowly. I've flipped through a few and they look great. I considered waiting for the colored versions when the One Volume Edition came out but decided to go ahead and buy it since Jeff Smith always intended it to be in b&w anyway. He's art is excellent in b&w.

Oh, they were originally in black and white? I'll probably pick this up after all, then. I thought they just took out the color information and printed it on cheap newsprint to keep cost down, just as they do with Marvel's Essentials.

Oh, they were originally in black and white? I'll probably pick this up after all, then. I thought they just took out the color information and printed it on cheap newsprint to keep cost down, just as they do with Marvel's Essentials.

Not at all. It was originally black and white. The One Volume Edition is just the big trade paperback of the series. It's on high quality paper. I think it usually retails for about $40.

When Scholastic picked up the series (after Smith had completed it) they wanted a color version to differentiate their version and to help sell it in the bookstore market. Smith oversaw the coloration (is that a word?) of the series.

This is worth the read then?

I'm flying down to the Dominican Republic to visit the girlfriend over spring break and I'll need something to read on the plane. I read about it here on the internet, but my local comic book store didn't have a copy.

I'm a huge fan of high fantasy. I'm leery though because most of the graphic novels that seem to get touted on this board are a little too grim and gritty for my tastes, I'm just not that serious of a guy.

Bone is definitely not grim and gritty. It's really fun.

If your comic store doesn't have it, check Barnes & Noble or Borders or whatever large chain bookstore you have around. There's a good chance they'll have it.

I bought back in 2005, when I finally found a copy in my comic shop, and have read it several times.

It's one of my favorite comics.

Not at all. It was originally black and white. The One Volume Edition is just the big trade paperback of the series. It's on high quality paper. I think it usually retails for about $40.

When Scholastic picked up the series (after Smith had completed it) they wanted a color version to differentiate their version and to help sell it in the bookstore market. Smith oversaw the coloration (is that a word?) of the series.
Cool. I'll probably make it the next trade I buy. :up:

And "coloration" is indeed a word. :)

Solid trade indeed.

It is a pretty quick read, even at 1,5000 + pages, but very fun! A lot of bookstores I know have trouble keeping it in stock (I had trouble finding it once I decided to buy it)...you might try ebay.

Never picked it up. Whats the series about?

The Bone cousins are kicked out of Boneville and face adventures in a mysterious valley, and end up becoming heroes by saving the residents of the valley.

Plenty of humor, adventure, and fantasy.

i have avoided this for years becuase i always thought it looked silly but i have heard way too much good about this book so im going to give it a shot. definitely going to read it in b/w becuase that was how it was intended.

i have avoided this for years becuase i always thought it looked silly but i have heard way too much good about this book so im going to give it a shot. definitely going to read it in b/w becuase that was how it was intended.

um... you read superhero comics? and you think bone looks silly?
:cwink:

speaking of bone, has anybody tried the videogames? they're pretty decent, puzzle/adventure style in the same vein as Monkey Island / Maniac Mansion etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"