Bought/Thought April 26

Hmm..pretty cool.

I still dislike New Avengers.

Can wait for CW.

Zaptoitnow said:
I honestly can't believe no one picked up on the huge slip up in the New Avengers Annual yet. Just for the record, I am in no waya Bendis hater, but rather I enjoy most of his stuff, especially when he plays to his strengths (not big super heroic events, but street level and human based drama). But he built Jessica Jones from the ground up, has written alsmost every appearance of her (barring Young Avengers), and yet here he has her talking to her mother, who he clearly had as being dead in his series Alias, ie. The Jessica Jones Story. Just a careless F up on Bendis and the editor's parts.

It wasn't a F up. Jessica was talking with her adoptive mother who never was reportedly deceased to my knowledge. In fact, she and Jessica had a strained relationship. Jessica thought it was strange that her adoptive mother didn't seem to make much of the fact that Jessica was missing for about eight months while under the control of the purple man.

deemar325 said:
Hmm..pretty cool.

I still dislike New Avengers.

Can wait for CW.

At first I was like WTF? when I heard about that. BUT Ms. Marvel doing it sounds awesome!

Just to warn..Spoilers!!

ASM 531: Seemed kind of a filler for the upcoming civil war, with the conclusion of the issue consisting of Peter snoozing while the TV announcers break the disaster news. Art was okay, still prefer the previous artist. It appears Iron Man is playing both sides, will be interesting to see what becomes of that.

Spidey loves MJ 5: A good issue, a bit of a disapointment, MJ goes on her date with Spidey, complete with a picnic on a spider web and some webslinging. She decides she'd rather be with Peter, and dislikes that Spidey won't tell her anything about his personal life. He talks to himself whether it is too soon or not ( obviously about his ID ) and decides against it. MJ cuts the date short, and goes to try and call Pete. She can't get in touch with him, but Monday arrives at school to find out Peter has been hanging out with a blonde. She meets him in the library and meets the blonde who is Gwen Stacy.
Again, they have been building up to this date for 4 issues, it seemed a bit too short. The art was beautiful.

Thing 6:
Having not read any previous issues, hard to judge, but the art was nice, enjoyed the good natured pokes at Spider-Man's recent escapades..even his joke about losing an eye. very enjoyable.

PWN3R RANGER said:
At first I was like WTF? when I heard about that. BUT Ms. Marvel doing it sounds awesome!

She probaly grabbed his balls and tossed him from there.

:)

BOUGHT:
All New Official Handbook A-Z 4
Amazing Fantasy 20
Amazing Spider-Man 531
Annihilation Ronan 1
Army of Darkness 6
Astonishing X-Men 14
Batman 652
Batman Legends of the Dark Knight 204
Blue Beetle 2
Catwoman 54
Crisis Aftermath Battle for Bludhaven 2
Fantastic Four 537
Four 29
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 7
Invincible 31
Marvel Milestones Beast/Kitty Pryde
New Avengers Annual 1
Runaways 15
Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane 5
Supergirl & the Legion of Super Heroes 17
Thing 6
Ultimate Fantastic Four 29
Wolverine 41
X-Factor 6

THOUGHT:
All New Official Handbook A-Z 4 - The best part about this series is the obscure characters they dig up. I can honestly say I never heard of a good chunk of the ones in this issue.

Amazing Spider-Man 531 - So, let me get this straight; Spidey's in the middle of a fight with Titanium Man, and yet he has time to stop and read the writing on the Lincoln Memorial? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Then of course, where he failed as Peter last issue he tries again as Spidey and once again the council burns his ass. Plus, Iron Man's set-up? That was about the only interesting part of the issue. Spidey has until the end of Civil War to give me a reason to keep buying. Once 538 hits, I'm done.

Army of Darkness 6 - Remember what I said last issue about the art? I take it back. This issue wound up as bad as the previous artwork in terms of convolutedness. You couldn't tell what was going on in some panels and the issue felt jammed again after the last one flowed so well. And lines were rehashed. Again. I thought we were beyond this?

Astonishing X-Men 14 - Pretty good for an all-dialogue issue. Some funny moments and some more mysteries. Whedon's redeeming himself slowly after those pitiful last arc.

Batman 652 - Things are shaping up to an interesting peak, I'll tell ya. Can't wait till all the blanks get filled in.

Catwoman 54 - A guy who throws triangles? Alllllllrighty. Looks like someone new's got it out for Cat and he's initiating a good old fashioned team-up. And just what is the deal? 52, come out already!

Fantastic Four 537 - Doom's return explained, and the mystery of the hammer deepens! My only gripe is once again an awesome redesign is tossed aside in favor of the classic look. While there's nothing wrong with the classics, I'm just sick of every time there's a wardrobe change they go right back to older looks. Especially when the changes rock. Oh yeah, and a footnote! Sweet jeebsus!

Four 29 - A tie-in between Hulk and Civil War. Is read going bad making shadow deals? And what will this mean for the FF? Too bad there's only one issue left, this wasn't a bad series. Sure, it had a rocky start, but that's what happens when you come in on something risky.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 7 - Not bad. Some good one-liners, some science from bug-boy, more depth to the Totem and Civil War foreshadowing. However, this story felt more like filler. Also, I'm not looking too forward to the next story. Uncle Ben returns? Man, get a new bag of tricks. Overall, one of the better issues David's produced. Not saying much, though.

Invincible 31 - Not bad, little break in between battles. Of course I'm a little lost not knowing who anyone is. One day I'll save up the funds to get the collected editions and catch up...mostly 'cause at the moment buying the individual issues would cost much, much more. Plus, 2 issues until the MTU tie-in!

Runaways 15 - The mystery villain revealed! The new Pride vs. the Runaways! Dissention in the ranks! And more good stuff. Wish this book was bi-weekly 'cause I can't wait for the next one.

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane 5 - Another great issue. Spidey and MJ go on a date, and just when she realizes she'd rather be with Peter...Gwen Stacy rolls into town! If they cancel this book before this story develops fully I'm gonna be very pissed.

I'd like to take a break from our regularly scheduled review and deliver a PSA. Tired of endless crossovers? Sick of decompressed stories taking 6 issues when they should only be 2? Miss continuity? Love the classic feel of comics but with modern sensibilities? Then why aren't you reading...

Thing 6 - The arc wraps up in a funny and unexpected way. Not only does Slott diss the Iron Spider suit through Thing, but he even goes so far as to offer up an explanation on why the reformed Sandman suddenly became evil again with no rhyme or reason. That's right, I'm looking at you, Mackie. Take good character development and throw it out the window 'cause you can't handle continuity. This book is set to be cancelled at #8 'cause nobody's reading it. And I have to ask; why? Why aren't you reading a book that caters to every single one of your complaints and leaves you wanting more? Buy Marvel's quality books and tell them what we really want!

Ultimate Fantastic Four 29 - Verrrrrrrrry interesting. Nice finish to the story, although I'm left wondering what Thor being president had to do with anything. Ah well. Doom's coming back, and it looks like he's gonna be a badass this time. Plus: Alicia Masters!

X-Factor 6 - She's Layla Miller. She knows stuff. Definitely some of David's better work in recent Marvel. He handles Layla, an otherwise throw-away character, excellently. She's the best part of the damn book and really the glue that makes it all work.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Astonishing X-Men 14 - Pretty good for an all-dialogue issue. Some funny moments and some more mysteries. Whedon's redeeming himself slowly after those pitiful first two arcs.

You didn't like Gifted?! :eek: :confused: The first arc?

Whoops, fixed that, s'posed to be last arc. Hehe it's almost bed time, I'm not runnin' on full steam. By th' way, anybody notice in last week's Ultimate Spidey th' guy behind Krakoa is th' adult version of Guz Beezer?

WOLVERINE25TH said:
BOUGHT:
All New Official Handbook A-Z 4
Amazing Fantasy 20
Amazing Spider-Man 531
Annihilation Ronan 1
Army of Darkness 6
Astonishing X-Men 14
Batman 652
Batman Legends of the Dark Knight 204
Blue Beetle 2
Catwoman 54
Crisis Aftermath Battle for Bludhaven 2
Fantastic Four 537
Four 29
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 7
Invincible 31
Marvel Milestones Beast/Kitty Pryde
New Avengers Annual 1
Runaways 15
Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane 5
Supergirl & the Legion of Super Heroes 17
Thing 6
Ultimate Fantastic Four 29
Wolverine 41
X-Factor 6

THOUGHT:
All New Official Handbook A-Z 4 - The best part about this series is the obscure characters they dig up. I can honestly say I never heard of a good chunk of the ones in this issue.

Amazing Spider-Man 531 - So, let me get this straight; Spidey's in the middle of a fight with Titanium Man, and yet he has time to stop and read the writing on the Lincoln Memorial? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Then of course, where he failed as Peter last issue he tries again as Spidey and once again the council burns his ass. Plus, Iron Man's set-up? That was about the only interesting part of the issue. Spidey has until the end of Civil War to give me a reason to keep buying. Once 538 hits, I'm done.

Army of Darkness 6 - Remember what I said last issue about the art? I take it back. This issue wound up as bad as the previous artwork in terms of convolutedness. You couldn't tell what was going on in some panels and the issue felt jammed again after the last one flowed so well. And lines were rehashed. Again. I thought we were beyond this?

Astonishing X-Men 14 - Pretty good for an all-dialogue issue. Some funny moments and some more mysteries. Whedon's redeeming himself slowly after those pitiful last arc.

Batman 652 - Things are shaping up to an interesting peak, I'll tell ya. Can't wait till all the blanks get filled in.

Catwoman 54 - A guy who throws triangles? Alllllllrighty. Looks like someone new's got it out for Cat and he's initiating a good old fashioned team-up. And just what is the deal? 52, come out already!

Fantastic Four 537 - Doom's return explained, and the mystery of the hammer deepens! My only gripe is once again an awesome redesign is tossed aside in favor of the classic look. While there's nothing wrong with the classics, I'm just sick of every time there's a wardrobe change they go right back to older looks. Especially when the changes rock.

Four 29 - A tie-in between Hulk and Civil War. Is read going bad making shadow deals? And what will this mean for the FF? Too bad there's only one issue left, this wasn't a bad series. Sure, it had a rocky start, but that's what happens when you come in on something risky.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 7 - Not bad. Some good one-liners, some science from bug-boy, more depth to the Totem and Civil War foreshadowing. However, this story felt more like filler. Also, I'm not looking too forward to the next story. Uncle Ben returns? Man, get a new bag of tricks. Overall, one of the better issues David's produced. Not saying much, though.
Errrrr...hold up! Did I just read that right or am I gonna grab my baseball bat head down to Marvel headquarters in NY and have a few words with Joey Q? :mad:

Invincible 31 - Not bad, little break in between battles. Of course I'm a little lost not knowing who anyone is. One day I'll save up the funds to get the collected editions and catch up...mostly 'cause at the moment buying the individual issues would cost much, much more. Plus, 2 issues until the MTU tie-in!

Runaways 15 - The mystery villain revealed! The new Pride vs. the Runaways! Dissention in the ranks! And more good stuff. Wish this book was bi-monthly 'cause I can't wait for the next one.

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane 5 - Another great issue. Spidey and MJ go on a date, and just when she realizes she'd rather be with Peter...Gwen Stacy rolls into town! If they cancel this book before this story develops fully I'm gonna be very pissed.

I'd like to take a break from our regularly scheduled review and deliver a PSA. Tired of endless crossovers? Sick of decompressed stories taking 6 issues when they should only be 2? Miss continuity? Love the classic feel of comics but with modern sensibilities? Then why aren't you reading...

Thing 6 - The arc wraps up in a funny and unexpected way. Not only does Slott diss the Iron Spider suit through Thing, but he even goes so far as to offer up an explanation on why the reformed Sandman suddenly became evil again with no rhyme or reason. That's right, I'm looking at you, Mackie. Take good character development and throw it out the window 'cause you can't handle continuity. This book is set to be cancelled at #8 'cause nobody's reading it. And I have to ask; why? Why aren't you reading a book that caters to every single one of your complaints and leaves you wanting more? Buy Marvel's quality books and tell them what we really want!

Ultimate Fantastic Four 29 - Verrrrrrrrry interesting. Nice finish to the story, although I'm left wondering what Thor being president had to do with anything. Ah well. Doom's coming back, and it looks like he's gonna be a badass this time. Plus: Alicia Masters!

X-Factor 6 - She's Layla Miller. She knows stuff. Definitely some of David's better work in recent Marvel. He handles Layla, an otherwise throw-away character, excellently. She's the best part of the damn book and really the glue that makes it all work.

Oh and Layla Miller sucks.

Yeah, I kinda thought that. But had to ask. LOL

And a bi-monthly Runaways would be Heaven.

You read it right. Check th' Spider boards if ya don't believe me. Oh, and we both goofed. Should be bi-weekly. Bi-monthly'd be every two months. Toldja I ain't all here.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
You read it right. Check th' Spider boards if ya don't believe me.

Yep, the bottom of the barrell has been scrapped.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
You read it right. Check th' Spider boards if ya don't believe me. Oh, and we both goofed. Should be bi-weekly. Bi-monthly'd be every two months. Toldja I ain't all here.

LOL...wow then neither I am, for some reaon I read it as Bi-weekly as well. :O

Ain't that th' truth. Not to mention Joe Q's big solution to fix Spidey is wreck his marriage. Spidey's got till Civil War ends to make me think he's worth still gettin'.

Yeah, if it weren't for the pre-CW and CW tie ins, I don't see any reason.

I haven't bought the last two, IMO they are just filler intil CW.

JMS needs to leave, but I do like is writing on Surpreme Power/Squadron Surpeme.

Every writer, even "legends" have hit or misses. Just so happens JMS's Spidey is a MAJOR miss these days. But his Squadron does rock.

Yeah totally. JMS isn't a bad writer, but his run on Spidey is over, he should realize that.

At the end of the day JMS is a decent writer, but not for Spider-man and Joey Q is the Anti-Christ to Stan Lee's Jesus.

I'm reading the Spidey boards and I can't believe this guy!

cover.pl

This is really what we need to be doing for Spidey and Gwen, protecting them from Joey Q and JMS.

Unleashed said:
I hated the writing in NA: Annual.

MJ was written horribly
I was thinking about getting it... but what do you mean MJ was written horribly? I dropped it because I hated the way Spidey was being handled, and now what are they doing to MJ?

gliderpilotgirl said:
Just to warn..Spoilers!!

ASM 531: Seemed kind of a filler for the upcoming civil war, with the conclusion of the issue consisting of Peter snoozing while the TV announcers break the disaster news. Art was okay, still prefer the previous artist. It appears Iron Man is playing both sides, will be interesting to see what becomes of that.

Spidey loves MJ 5: A good issue, a bit of a disapointment, MJ goes on her date with Spidey, complete with a picnic on a spider web and some webslinging. She decides she'd rather be with Peter, and dislikes that Spidey won't tell her anything about his personal life. He talks to himself whether it is too soon or not ( obviously about his ID ) and decides against it. MJ cuts the date short, and goes to try and call Pete. She can't get in touch with him, but Monday arrives at school to find out Peter has been hanging out with a blonde. She meets him in the library and meets the blonde who is Gwen Stacy.
Again, they have been building up to this date for 4 issues, it seemed a bit too short. The art was beautiful.

Thing 6:
Having not read any previous issues, hard to judge, but the art was nice, enjoyed the good natured pokes at Spider-Man's recent escapades..even his joke about losing an eye. very enjoyable.
I'm really liking SMLMJ... Glad to see someone else appreciate it, although I think you misunderstood some parts. Spidey was wondering if it was too soon to go web-swinging after eating. Had nothing to do with the ID. I thought she was going to call Peter, but she called Liz. It was after they talked that she looked for Peter. I got the impression that Gwen had just arrived that day and Peter was showing her around, like an assignment... that was going very well...

I was a little let down too... I think MJ would have been a little more entertained by just BEING with Spider-Man for awhile. And of all the places to look unhappy... on top of the Cystler Building, after webswinging around town?! I think NOT. But I do see her wanting to get to know him and not being able to talk about personal stuff, or look into his eyes, would be quickly awkward. But not THAT quickly!

I think part of it may have been that Peter was a little awkward and even as Spider-Man that showed through. Which is one tiny beef I have with this title. I think Peter came out of his shell more than this after becoming Spider-Man. (And somebody get him a comb for his hair... please.)

ASM - May-be now we know why Tony didn't give Peter rocket boots... He want to keep him under his control. And he was listening to the whole interaction between Spidey and TMan (Tony later uses Peter's crack about mouse and squirrel). But what was really creepy was the way he outright lied to Peter... Peter had a suspicion about the whole thing, finally asked Tony and Tony lied.

Where th' hell do ya get that magazine? My shop's never carried it.

Villans United Special-best $4 i have ever spent, if you didnt like this, you're a Marvel fan. 10/10

The Thing #6: Yet again, Dan Slott show's that he is willing to "go there". He will talk about Marvel's faux pas, and the things that they are criticized for (Sand-Man, the new Spidey Suit, the New FF) and he'll make it funny. he uses continuity to enrich the story (what a concept).

and I absolutely loved hearing Ben apologize to Sandman and Trapster about Spidey showin' up. Dan Slott, you continue to rock out loud! Spin on you mad Dynamo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"