Bought/Thought April 26

I was reading around the net about how JMS basically made Spider-Man originate from some sort of Spider-God line???Is this true???

It's basically true, JMS in his version of the Spidey mythos Peter is only the latest in a lomg line of Spider-men.

JMS is on crack.

I gotta go back to the 9/11 issue when he had Doctor 'Freakin!' Doom! crying over the towers falling.

How clueless do you have to be?

Okay, you can forgive that issue. I mean, really. But other stuff, no.

deemar325 said:
I gotta go back to the 9/11 issue when he had Doctor 'Freakin!' Doom! crying over the towers falling.

If you failed to grasp the symbolism, pretty ****ing clueless indeed.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Okay, you can forgive that issue. I mean, really. But other stuff, no.

It was a sign of things to come for me.

Ever since this weak revelation,has it really affected Spidey in terms of powers or persona?I WAS going to pick up the CW tie-ins for ASM but I'm not too sure now.

Not one bit. The most used of his new powers are th' stingers which apparently can repel sword attacks. In short, yer not missin' much. As fer CW, when th' ACTUAL tie-in starts, I'll let ya know if ya should bother with it. Fer now, keep away. It's too painful.

Those stingers are attributed to his new suit though right?

Okay,that's brutal.

I'm depending on your insight come May 31st.In regards to the tie-ins,I figured I'd only follow the ones which run through the whole thing like ASM and FF.

I'm sure you'll get it, from me an' others. Spidey has CW to make me keep buyin' him. However, if this intended mini goes through next year I may drop it then or before then.

deemar325 said:

I ask the same question to you.

Another of Spidey's new powers is that his spider-sense is also more advanced, being able to sense air currents and "layouts" of a room like an invisible web...though I can't imagine how anyone's ever going to work that practically into any fight. It seems JMS himself had all but forgotten about it already.

Remember when Pete gave birth to himself about a year ago and got new powers then, like talking to insects and stuff? Yeah, I suspect these new powers will last just about as long.

Darthphere said:
I ask the same question to you.

I get what your saying, I'm saying in no way should a Dictator of another country, a major crime lord (although I can see King Pin being sorrowful.) and a mutant mass murderer crying over humans. Within the contexts of the Marvel U.

That is all.

BrianWilly said:
Another of Spidey's new powers is that his spider-sense is also more advanced, being able to sense air currents and "layouts" of a room like an invisible web...though I can't imagine how anyone's ever going to work that practically into any fight. It seems JMS himself had all but forgotten about it already.

Remember when Pete gave birth to himself about a year ago and got new powers then, like talking to insects and stuff? Yeah, I suspect these new powers will last just about as long.
That was back in 2004. Spidey's strength increased from 10 tons to 15 tons, too, and his speed went up too. Seen that mentioned anywhere?

Guess it fits Joe Q's quoted aspirations for the character, "to evolve without changing". :rolleyes:

BrianWilly said:

I cannot even begin to comprehend the fact that this all took place in a SPIDER-MAN comic book.Excuse my delayed reaction to what has been going on for a while,but I haven't looked into what JMS has done with Spidey until recently.

Dread said:
That was back in 2004. Spidey's strength increased from 10 tons to 15 tons, too, and his speed went up too. Seen that mentioned anywhere?

Guess it fits Joe Q's quoted aspirations for the character, "to evolve without changing". :rolleyes:

I'm just waiting for the Jackal to return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"