Bought/Thought June 11, 2008

Anyway, my thoughts (in brief) on this week, since I've been out the last couple of days.

Amazing Spider-Man: surprisingly good
Captain Britain: surprisingly awful
Skaar: sucked
SI Who Do You Trust: good
Booster Gold: good
GL Corps: fine
Trinity: sucked

Considering Cap Britain, Skaar, and Trinity officially dropped.

?

Skrull-vell hasn't said word one in Secret Invasion.

Which is amazing since this is Bendis, the KING of pointless babble.

You didn't like CAPTAIN BRITAIN & MI-13? Wow. :eek:

Yeah, you're right, I don't really know what I was thinking when I said mini series...

Perhaps your brain was rebelling against the inherent stupidity of the term "maxiseries".

... I mean I get that it serves a useful function but it's still ****ing dumb.

Like, names of the drink sizes at Starbucks dumb.

I am so behind on my reading :(

very hard to find a decent LCS in this area of California,what's funny is I found a copy of The Twelve #6 (one of my fav books) in a local non chain book store,along with 4 or 5 other titles

anyways,the series has been a real surprise,the characters are so rich and diverse,alot of things have been planted in this series so far so I look forward to which direction JMS takes this book

Anyway, my thoughts (in brief) on this week, since I've been out the last couple of days.

Amazing Spider-Man: surprisingly good
Captain Britain: surprisingly awful
Skaar: sucked
SI Who Do You Trust: good
Booster Gold: good
GL Corps: fine
Trinity: sucked

Considering Cap Britain, Skaar, and Trinity officially dropped.

Do you usually drop comics after less than 3 issues?:huh:

Do you usually drop comics after less than 3 issues?:huh:

Why would I spend money on something I'm not enjoying?

If I drop a book that gets better later on, then I'll just pick up the trades or something.

Why would I spend money on something I'm not enjoying?

If I drop a book that gets better later on, then I'll just pick up the trades or something.

I mean, you gave Skaar one issue, an first issue at that and dropped it. I mean, I'm all for saving money, but while it didn't blow the mind, the comic wasn't remotely horrible.

I mean, you gave Skaar one issue, an first issue at that and dropped it. I mean, I'm all for saving money, but while it didn't blow the mind, the comic wasn't remotely horrible.

was it conan -ish or what? ..my comic store didnt even buy it.

It was a bit confusing and disjointed, but there's potential there. I'm sticking with it because I'm interested to see what Skaar's personality will be like. I hope he's more than just a savage, Conanish type of dude.

It was very underwhelming. Like I said, if the book gets better later on, then I'll just pick up what I missed.

I agree with Blader5489. I thought first issue was extremely underwhelming. It was short and like TheCorpulent1 said, it was confusing. Was the kid at the beginning Skaar, or was that Skaar at the very end? Or were they both Skaar? Also, for as much as I love Ron Garney, he either needs an inker or he needs to make his pencils heavier.

Not really. "Ongoing" implies that it's expected to, y'know, go on indefinitely. Trinity is and always has been a 52-issue series, from conception to execution.

But it's all semantics, really.

I'm a little behind as I get my comics shipped every 2-3 weeks but...
Ultimate Spider-Man 122-I did like the character piece on the Shocker. Nice to see him as a whole character instead of just a punchline. Although, of course, Spidey MUST be unmasked and rescued by a female because....that was Ult Spidey does. I bet more villians know who he is than don't. Time for a new trick Bendy 6/10

Thor 9- I want to like Thor, and I do, but like others have said, it's time to get back in the MU proper. HAVE SOMETHING HAPPEN!! The scene with redneck Bill showing the Asgardians basketball was really funny though. And how dumb is Balder?! "OK Loki, Trickster God, I'll believe you THIS time, but if this is a trick I'll be really mad at you." 7/10
Trinity 2- My first weekly DC book and so far I think it's really good. I'm curious how this will all unfold with what looks like Chronos and Future Riddler. And isn't there a Morgan La Fey in Marvel too? Hmmph. This is perfect for me, because all I need from DC is Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. One stop shop. and Bagley is great. 8/10

New Avengers 40- I don't know that much about Ka-Zar and Shanna, besides they live in the savage land and Spider-Man met them before. But they don't talk like that, right? Aren't they like savage and king and queen of the jungle, Tarzan like people? Do they know what the Internet is and are up to date with pop culture? They can't be, right? Aside from all that business, Spidey was great! 6/10

and I know I'm WAY late to this party, but Astonishing X-Men, Kitty MERGED with the giant bullet? that went through the ENTIRE earth? and is not just screaming through the cosmos? ok. Good luck Ms. Pryde.

AllStar Superman 11- I really lik this series with Morisson crazy 50's and 60's wackiness. I don't really know what else to say but it's usually towards the top of my reading pile. I look forward to the final showdown with SuperLex and I'll be sad to see this one go. Quietly has been awesome this whole time too. His style takes some getting used to for some folks, but he's great. 8/10

Amazing Spider-Man 562?- I'm not sure the number, they come so fast and furious now. I really liked the last arc with Paper Doll. Don't have it in front of me, but the artist is great. really had a kirby vibe to it, and was a great change of pace. I was sad to see MJ leave without a face to face with Peter, but I liked how she clearly had feelings for him still and knew something was up with their "past life". The new issue with the bookie was great and I was glad Spidey was able to catch that elusive Screwball. Way to go Spidey, I knew you had it in ya!! 7/10
I know I read some more, but thats it for now.

Another point about Astonishing, did I miss the explanation about the delusions of grandure (sp?)? When all the heroes saw themselves saving the world and they were all drooling on themselves, where did that come from? Who did that?

Also read Daredevil 107, and I think I'm done with it. I just don't really care anymore. All the stories seem like rehash to me and been done already. I'll finish out the arc with "Big" Dan Donovan, but unless it's AMAZING, that'll be it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"