Brad Pitt Climbs Tree of Life

did you guys hear what uwe boll of all people said about this film lol:awesome:

now i have not seen film and some reviews have supported his claims so not sure if it is unfounded

The opening of that movie was really good but then he completely lost it,” offers Boll, who holds a doctorate in English. “I think ‘Tree of Life’ is a piece of ****. Totally, and I think Sean Penn is ridiculous in it, like walking around in the elevator. It’s nothing. This is the thing. It’s so overrated because it’s Terrence Malick

You have to tell a story that you get a connection to something. When he starts doing after 25 minutes a National Geographic break where you see volcanoes and planets coming together. Then his dinosaur episode with ‘Jurassic Park.’ You think well, what’s going on with him? What is wrong with wrong with the guy? I was not engaged to keep watching. If I would have known how this ends, I would have walked out. But I watched the whole movie because I wanted to see how it ends also. The end was I think the most pathetic thing, when they’re all at the beach hugging each other. It was ****ing disastrous. It was a complete disaster and it shows also that a lot of stars have no taste. Like Sean Penn, Brad Pitt have no taste what a good movie is. They trusted the director but you have to have your own brain.” He closes by offering, “You cannot tell me you were not bored to death while you watched ‘The Tree of Life.’ ”
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl..._a_piece_of_****_and_lars_von_trier_a_retard/

Uwe Boll, ladies and gentlemen, if you don't like it you can step into a ring and box it out. Unless you look like you could beat his ass, then he respects your opinion and hopes all the luck in the world.

The idiocy that is Uwe Boll never ceases to amaze me.

Honestly, Uwe Boll is so ridiculous to me that I find him completely inoffensive. I enjoy his antics - they crack me up. I get much more offended/frustrated by the Brett Ratner types, tbh.

Doctor of Sucking, then I'd believe it.

Nevetheless, TOL was a very challenging movie to sit through, but in the end it was well worth it. Even a week after, I'm still deciding whether I like this movie or not, which in itself is a sign it was at least worthwhile.

Saw this film a couple of days ago and I’m absolutely overjoyed that I was able to watch it, as this is easily one of my most favorite films this year, so far.

After waiting nearly 5 years for the film, I wasn’t disappointed by it. The film is not for everyone because they might not have the patience for it and also may find Malick’s style a bit dull, and the fact that the film is non-linear may be off-putting to some. But the film is really more of a poem than a coherent narrative, and as I was familiar with Malick and his films, I found The Tree of Life to be a powerful and bold work, that left a lasting impression.

Speaking of lasting impression, the one that stuck to my mind is the visuals.
Whether the film is depicting the birth of the universe or the early days of the O’Brien’s children, it’s utterly gorgeous from beginning to end. Lubezki is surely the front-runner for the Best Cinematography award, and hopefully he will win it because I will be perplex if he doesn’t, as he is seriously long overdue for the award.

At the end of the film, I was absorbed by my thoughts that the film evoked in me, thinking about the universe and my place in it. The film touched me in a way only a few films has done. Overall, this is absolutely one of the most ambitious films in a long time, and this may, very well, be Malick’s magnum opus.

5/5

Last edited:
'The Tree of Life' to Be Released Exclusively On Blu-Ray Combo Pack, October 11th

pzp45.jpg

Bring home acclaimed writer/director Terrence Malick’s (Badlands, Days of Heaven, The Thin Red Line, The New World) thought provoking film experience THE TREE OF LIFE, available exclusively on Blu-ray Disc Combo Pack October 11 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

Through stunning cinematography and raw emotional power Malick’s hymn to life excavates answers to the most haunting and personal human questions through a kaleidoscope of the intimate and the cosmic, from the raw emotions of a family in a small Texas town to the wildest, infinite edges of space and time, from a boy’s loss of innocence to a man’s transforming encounters with awe, wonder and transcendence.

The Blu-ray Disc presentation utilizes maximum bit rate encoding and 7.1 audio and a 2.0 stereo mix to bring Malick’s visually stunning masterpiece to life providing consumers with a premium cinematic viewing experience for the home. An exclusive 30-minute documentary on the making of the film, Exploring The Tree of Life, allows fans to dig even deeper into Malick’s visionary work and his cinematic legacy through interviews with his collaborators and cast members as well as with directors Christopher Nolan and David Fincher who share an appreciation for his work.

Under Malick’s careful direction THE TREE OF LIFE showcases complicated and haunting powerhouse performances by Academy-Award® nominee Brad Pitt (Fight Club), Academy Award® winner Sean Penn (Milk, Mystic River) and newcomer Jessica Chastain (The Help).

An impressionistic story of a Midwestern family in the 1950′s, the film follows the life journey of the eldest son, Jack (played as an adult by Sean Penn), through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years as he tries to reconcile a complicated relationship with his father (Brad Pitt).

THE TREE OF LIFE Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a bonus DVD and Digital Copy version of the film. Pre-book date is September 14.

Fox Searchlight Pictures and River Road Entertainment present THE TREE OF LIFE, written and directed by Terrence Malick and starring Brad Pitt, Sean Penn and Jessica Chastain. The producers are Sarah Green, Bill Pohlad, Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner and Grant Hill.

Source

so anyone thinks that Penn was funny when he talked about this movie 2 weeks ago?

What's the point of owning a blu-ray and a DVD of the same movie?
Why can't they just release a single DVD and then give you an option?
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TWO DISCS OF THE SAME MOVIE?

I'm an hour into Tree of Life, and have to stop because it's just the kind of movie that I can't take in all at once... seriously hard work to keep watching because there is nothing really keeping me engaged.

I can already tell that it simply can't fit into a list of my top films of 2011... cause it's just not really in the same category as any of the rest of them. It's moving images as an artform, mixed with a kind of poetry.

I will say there are some beautiful shots (I especially love the upside down shadows in the pavement of the boys playing together), but personally i'm finding the voiceover and choir music a bit heavy and preachy. All the other problems I have had with it, I don't feel can be complained about because with a film like this you have to assume everything is deliberate.

For instance, there is a shot where Brad Pitt's character is out in the garden next to another character who is on the ground, and the kid is being lead away... I'm assuming that was his grandad dying, from the tree planting that followed, but it was really not clear.

But like I said, i'm sure there's some interpretation where that was intentional and represents the lack of clarity you have in your childhood memories or something, so I can't really call it a flaw.

I'll comment more if I ever get around to finishing it.

What's the point of owning a blu-ray and a DVD of the same movie?
Why can't they just release a single DVD and then give you an option?
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TWO DISCS OF THE SAME MOVIE?
Calm down bro

Well I watched it and it was pretty much the most incredible thing I've seen all year.

NYFCC Results:

Best Actor - Brad Pitt (for ToL and Moneyball)
Best Cinematography - Emmanuel Lubezki

Oh I thought it was for Take Shelter and not ToL?

It was for The Tree of Life, The Help and Take Shelter. In that order.

That's funny, I thought her best performance this year was in The Debt. Well maybe The Help, then The Debt. She was good in all of them, though. And we'll just pretend the Texas Killing Fields never happened. It's so weird how I had never heard of this woman a year ago, and now I've seen 5 of her films in theaters. :wow:

I just saw the film.

Prior to the last half of the film, it's interesting how Brad Pitt's kid (Young Sean Penn) totally hates him. then again, thats just teen rebellion i guess...but there are some unnerving hate within young Penn.

Pitt was a strict but he was a man of his era. And there are a number of scenes where he does show affection towards his boys though sometimes he struggles with it.

I don't know. I've seen worst fathers but it's something that we all go through but we just don't see it at the time in our childhood.

Last edited:
I don't get the hype around this movie . It was boring and Weird . It had to many WTF moments for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"