Superman Returns Brandon Routh. Great Casting Choice or Bad?

I thought Routh was in the movie quite a lot actually, more so than some people on here claim anyway.

^^ i think they were expecting Reeve. peopel here has got to admit that nobody will equal Reeve, its a moot point. its like trying to find another Sean Connery fpr James Bond. you keep that kind of mindset you'll lose. the best is to find someone that is a good successor to Reeve, the way Pierce Brosnan was a good successor to Connery. and i believe Routh is a good successor. but like Brosnan, Routh should be given the chance to make the character his own. he wasnt given that chance in SR. the one chance he got was the Kent farm scenes and most of that wound up getting edited out.

Well, I haven't seen the movie yet, but the more promotional material I see, the more confidence I can see building in Brandon Routh, so I have to say he's evolving in his role as Clark Kent/Superman. I'd rather watch the entire movie though to make a definate opinion.

^^ when do you plan to see the movie dude?

Brandon, Brandon! Such a cool film. IMO he and Kevin did the movie :)

I just wanna say it again, because it's fun. I don't care how many people disagree now, yesterday, or tomorrow.

BRANDON ROUTH IS SUPERMAN.

As a gay guy, I will admit that part of my support of Routh is that he was so f-ing hot throughout the entire movie.

BUT, I also think he was a great Superman. A great Clark too.

Mattchew said:
As a gay guy, I will admit that part of my support of Routh is that he was so f-ing hot throughout the entire movie.

BUT, I also think he was a great Superman. A great Clark too.

Brandon is a good looking guy, both my girlfriend and sister said that after seeing the movie they had an appreciation of how handsome he was.

I think he was very good as Superman and Clark. He shined in this movie.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=2347966&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

NEW YORK Aug 23, 2006 (AP)— Brandon Routh, star of "Superman Returns," is engaged to actress-girlfriend Courtney Ford, his spokeswoman, Kacey Spies, said Wednesday.

Routh, 26, proposed to Ford, 28, earlier this month, Spies told The Associated Press. They plan to marry next year.

The couple co-star in the upcoming short film "Denial."

Routh portrayed Superman/Clark Kent in the latest edition of the franchise.

:up: :)

they're cute together :) I hope they will have a great marriage and also a great time.

When your girlfriend looks like that..you should marry imediatly.

You mean if your girlfriend looks like Brandon? Heh Heh.

No one will replace Reeve. I like Routh but I don't like the fact that the studio did a stupid survey to determin what is the sexiest body type for women. He was contracted to get no bigger so he could fit into the muslce suit, which was sculpted from that stupid survey. they should have let him do what Reeve was allowed to do, which was just get big.

mountain_stance.jpg

Reeve wasn't that big in STM, he got bigger as the shooting went along. He was at his biggest durning 3. I agree, there was no reason Routh couldn't have been bigger though. Granted he was in pretty damn good shape in Returns.

Routh had a lot working against him: terrrible dialogue, terrible costume and a terrible director. Due to his eagerness and inexperience, Brandon allowed himself to be shaped by Singer's peculiar vison. He was essentially weak clay in the director's hands. That's why Singer picked him. His youth worked against him in this regard. It's too bad, because Routh meant well. Also, I don't think he has the acting chops necessary to pull off a convincing portrayal of The Man Of Steel. In the end, I don't think it matters who played Supes as Singer's scewed up take would have prevailed.

Brandon Routh is PERFECT in the role... no one could have done it better.. he's better then Reeve, and that's scarry.... end of discussion.

Routh was surprisingly very good in the role, and after seeing SR a few times, I can't see anybody else in the role. He's definitely the better choice than somebody else that does that cheap TV show............

Milkman95 said:
Routh was surprisingly very good in the role, and after seeing SR a few times, I can't see anybody else in the role. He's definitely the better choice than somebody else that does that cheap TV show............

I agree. Routh is now Superman, there is no doubt about it. I think that the actor portraying Superman's alter ego on the television show for that new network, is good within that realm.

Routh was great in the role IMO, he brought the charm, confidence, goofiness, humour etc that Reeve brought, but without the corniness. Dont get me wrong i have huge respect for Reeve, but i just didnt like his performances in the movies.

For me Routh IS Superman, and will be for a long time i hope.

Naite22 said:
Brandon Routh is PERFECT in the role... no one could have done it better.. he's better then Reeve, and that's scarry.... end of discussion.

This is too funny. Because you liked him it's "End of discussion" on a DISCUSSION BOARD? Please.

Maybe if we get to see him actually do something besides "lift" in a movie, we can better judge.

Milkman95 said:
hmmmmmmm who could that be? :D

I love Tom, he's also a great actor and has learned so much in the last few years. But I think Brandon's voice was to me so important that I really can't imagine Tom playing Superman now :D don't get me wrong, I love that "cheap TV show" as you call it (that's btw. definitely NOT my opinion ;)) but Tom also can't play Superman, because the show would have been cancelled then. And I'm happy that I can have both, movie and Smallville

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"