Superman Returns Brandon Routh. Great Casting Choice or Bad?

Ricky_Tan said:
'BJ' was a stiff robot with ZERO charisma on screen.

I have no idea what film you were watching then, because Routh had great presence, especially when he walked on the plane after setting it down, I actually couldn't believe how good he looked in the role............

Milkman95 said:
I have no idea what film you were watching then, because Routh had great presence, especially when he walked on the plane after setting it down, I actually couldn't believe how good he looked in the role............

I have to say..its the look on his face and when he softens his voice to talk to lois..

He has amazing screen presance as superman.

I agree, I think that is why he was so good as Superman, he didn't have to say a word his expressions said enough.

Showtime029 said:
I agree, I think that is why he was so good as Superman, he didn't have to say a word his expressions said enough.

I think alot of people missed that from Brandon..his face said alot more than his voice could..

that man can act!

I felt the same way, granted he didn't have many lines; but the way he carried himself, his voice, his eyes, he is Superman.

Showtime029 said:
I felt the same way, granted he didn't have many lines; but the way he carried himself, his voice, his eyes, he is Superman.

Just as i felt when chris reeve showed up for the first time as superman...

Brandon has become something not many actors can do... be superman.

I think the one thing Reeve had over Routh in spades is charisma. The guy could just make you smile by just being there.

But it's subjective just how important it is for Superman to be charismatic.

E-Mack said:
I think the one thing Reeve had over Routh in spades is charisma. The guy could just make you smile by just being there.
agreed :up:

not that Routh doesnt have charisma. he certainly does but honestly speaking Reeve's got it more than Routh. there is a kind of magnanimity to Reeve that just overflows from him whenever he's onscreen regardless of role. and from what i've been hearing its even more so for those who has met in him face to face.

Routh is young, he can still improve on the role, put his own personal stamp to it. one thing is certain, that same magnanimity and charisma Reeve had Routh defintely has as well, but its like a seed in the process of germination, in time it will grow and perhaps one of these days he will be regarded as well as Reeve did.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
I think alot of people missed that from Brandon..his face said alot more than his voice could..

that man can act!
i think it was a mix between a good actor and a good director. :up:

dark_b said:
i think it was a mix between a good actor and a good director. :up:

either way..routh had to do it..he had to show what the director wanted.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
either way..routh had to do it..he had to show what the director wanted.
and i wrotte a good actor and a good director.
so i dont get what you are saying. :confused:

:supes: Routh was by far the best choice for superman, he just became the man of steel.:supes:

I think Brandon and Bryan get along very well (that's just my opinion from what I saw in interviews). This is why Brandon acts so well and this is why the whole movie has a nice athmosphere :) only my opinion ;)

He is will never beat Chirs but he is the new next gen Superman so ya I liked him

is this some kind of joke?

routh was the best thing of the film, easily.

he was fantastic. it took me one film to convince me this could be a big time leading man in hollywood in quite a while; and why he hasnt signed up for another movies beyond me.

Ricky_Tan said:
'BJ' was a stiff robot with ZERO charisma on screen.

I gotta agree. Ebert Roper's review was one of the only reviews I agreed with. He was stiff.

DogofKrypton said:
This is too funny. Because you liked him it's "End of discussion" on a DISCUSSION BOARD? Please.

Maybe if we get to see him actually do something besides "lift" in a movie, we can better judge.

Ignore him. He's an angry troll.

I actually think Routh has been the best casting decisions amongst Superhero films since Christopher Reeve. Hey I like Tobey but he doesn't fit the part of Spidey/Peter Parker as well as Routh fits the part of Superman/Clark Kent.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
I actually think Routh has been the best casting decisions amongst Superhero films since Christopher Reeve. Hey I like Tobey but he doesn't fit the part of Spidey/Peter Parker as well as Routh fits the part of Superman/Clark Kent.

I agree.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:

Bad Superman said:

are you guys serious? :eek: Tobey Maguire not fit the role of Peter Parker? come one guys, just look at him.

Steelsheen said:
are you guys serious? :eek: Tobey Maguire not fit the role of Peter Parker? come one guys, just look at him.

Whoa. . . I misread. I thought he said Tobey did fit the part as Chris Reeve did fit Superman. :O

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:

that man can act!

When he was announced I watched a clip of him on "Cold Case". I don't know the story line but he was at the bed side of someone (I think it was an older lady) in the hospital and he had a close up where he just sort of closed his eyes and in such an "accepting" manner had a very slight nod. Its hard to describe but that little scene had deep emotion to it and it convinced me the guy could act.

Steelsheen said:

For me Tobey lacks that extra little smart a$$ tone in his voice when delivering wise cracks that Spidey's supposed to deliver. I like him as an actor (Cidar House Rules - great work) but he's always come off as more in awe of things than as a smart a$$ to me.

After seeing these two at the awards show Welling should've been Superman. It would be an understatement saying Routh has not been well received. That and the guy showed up looking like a ****ing tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"