Brave and the Bold Casting Thread

I think it'll be a good 5-8 years before we see Selina in the DCU. She seems extremely unnecessary for this movie.

There’s something so bland about this idea but think Taylor Kitsch could pull it off. Dipping into the True Detective well again, they really should cast Vince Vaughn as Clayface. He’s been my pick for it for over ten years. David Morse for Deacon Blackfire.

Last edited:
Terrible idea incoming:

Jason Sudeikis

MV5BNzI4Mzg2ODIyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDUxNjM5NzE@._V1_.jpg

If we're going with actors mainly known for comedy, I maintain that Bill Hader would be lowkey brilliant casting.
I can’t see it. I liked Barry a lot too. But he is just so wrong for the role. I love him as Joker though. Sudeikis makes more sense, I could see him doing something in between Affleck and Arnett.

Terrible idea incoming:

Jason Sudeikis

MV5BNzI4Mzg2ODIyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDUxNjM5NzE@._V1_.jpg
I’d love him to be in the mix somewhere, but Batman ain’t it.

Honestly, if the give that character the Aunt May treatment, I could see him pulling off Perry White.

I can’t see it. I liked Barry a lot too. But he is just so wrong for the role. I love him as Joker though. Sudeikis makes more sense, I could see him doing something in between Affleck and Arnett.
Hader is practically screaming to be Morrison's "Clown at Midnight" Joker.

There’s something so bland about this idea but think Taylor Kitsch could pull it off. Dipping into the True Detective well again, they really should cast Vince Vaughn as Clayface. He’s been my pick for it for over ten years. David Morse for Deacon Blackfire.
Taylor Kitsch is a solid choice

I like him as an actor but poor dude can’t catch a break. Thought his Gambit was actually good but got stuck in a crap movie

Batman - Taylor Kitsch

3EA40B7B-0D9E-4319-9E98-5F453F2A9792.jpeg

Robin - Oliver Alexander

1798A3D4-F5EC-4A1F-8229-8D4977162A24.jpeg

Commissioner Gordon - Stephen Dorff

EAD03FDA-4436-427A-BE09-4443BB99DDDB.jpeg

Harvey Bullock - W Earl Brown

45CC8252-AD57-4076-A1E3-BBAE7FDE7F9B.jpeg

Talia Al Ghul - Adria Arjona

05EEA423-9ABC-4523-8D70-F554B8607829.jpeg

Hugo Strange - Michael Wincott

C98F2218-985A-474C-913C-E6F958CA2742.jpeg

Deacon Blackfire - David Morse

F5F8953D-81CE-4057-8976-CE49981FE0B1.jpeg

Clayface - Vince Vaughn

3AA86B60-F1C8-4CA9-9E4D-54C82FCE1F93.jpeg

Man-Bat - Ethan Hawke

696E3D82-F59C-457E-8559-70EB16405C37.jpeg

Mad Hatter - Toby Jones

DF85F5F9-C74B-49D1-A595-EB55E34DCB68.jpeg

Ventriloquist - John Lithgow

119F49F3-1B58-41F8-8AE4-CE2D20060646.jpeg

Solomon Grundy - Kevin Durand

0C0FBDBD-9F47-4093-B599-DA19F6D12903.jpeg

Professor Pyg - Glenn Fleschler

08F5990A-F677-4AA8-98A6-DCF967F9D08B.jpeg

Simon Hurt - Rick Springfield

B9EBE243-B481-4FBC-B5F8-9B4A978D057B.jpeg

Egghead - Nicolas Cage

FD18CC11-4249-490A-B080-4719B5C70A76.jpeg

I can't speak for his acting skills but I do think the chances of him landing a high-profile role like this, especially auditioning against many peers of his age, seem fairly low.

I can't speak for his acting skills but I do think the chances of him landing a high-profile role like this, especially auditioning against many peers of his age, seem fairly low.

I can- he is highly underrated as an actor and possesses the darkness, the look, theheight, build, and voice to do a great job.

I like Gosling or Gyllenhaal for it but both of them just don’t have the deep voice that this character should have. Kitsch could tap into that Conroy register more than most guys listed here.

Josh Hartnett would be an amazing Batman. He almost got the role years ago too.

Kitsch isn’t without acting ability (he wasn’t a standout on Friday Night Lights just because of his looks), but his career as a lead actor in film got off to a catastrophically bad start and, most importantly, I really don’t see him as Batman.

Jones and Fleschler are solid picks for the Mad Hatter and Professor Pyg, respectively. Not sure about Springfield as Hurt, though. Don't get me wrong: he certainly looks the part, but a role that juicy necessitates a higher profile actor IMO. I mean... it's Simon Hurt we're talking about here!

Ideally, I'd prefer that Damian share some resemblance to both parents as is often the case w/ mixed progeny; and that Oliver Alexander kid looks nothing like Lee Pace. But he's not a bad suggestion otherwise, physically speaking, that is. (Can't really speak to his acting prowess just yet.)

Fancasting Damian feels a little bit like a dead end because chances are reaaally high it's gonna be an unknown. The mixed heritage + his age + how hard he is a character to pull off makes it so you have to really look deep until you find a very specific person and I'd be shocked if that person was currently acting in anything known at the moment. It is interesting to throw around names just for the vibe of what he should be like though.

Nightwing and Jason might be a bit easier to figure out.

Frankly Damian's casting might be the most difficult one they're gonna have to pull off. If that performance doesn't work, the entire movie falls apart since the entire thing is about Damian and the relationship with his father. That's part of why I want them to go a bit older with him than what he is in the comics (preferably a Tom Holland type, a 19 year old that looks 14) because it's an insane amount of pressure to rest on a kid's shoulders for a movie of this scale. That performance fails and it could legitimately ruin his life; not even exaggerating, Jake Lloyd is pretty much the perfect example.

Last edited:
Fancasting Damian feels a little bit like a dead end because chances are reaaally high it's gonna be an unknown. The mixed heritage + his age + how hard he is a character to pull off makes it so you have to really look deep until you find a very specific person and I'd be shocked if that person was currently acting in anything known at the moment. It is interesting to throw around names just for the vibe of what he should be like though.

Nightwing and Jason might be a bit easier to figure out.

Frankly Damian's casting might be the most difficult one they're gonna have to pull off. If that performance doesn't work, the entire movie falls apart since the entire thing is about Damian and the relationship with his father. That's part of why I want them to go a bit older with him than what he is in the comics (preferably a Tom Holland type, a 19 year old that looks 14) because it's an insane amount of pressure to rest on a kid's shoulders for a movie of this scale. That performance fails and it could legitimately ruin his life; not even exaggerating, Jake Lloyd is pretty much the perfect example.

Yeah.
I mean, I can come up with several actresses who I could see playing Talia who are of Asian or Arabic descent , but I personally don't know of all that many child to teen actors who would fit the mixed race heritage and age range to play Damien .

The closet young actor I could think of , in terms of a young actor of mixed race heritage ,in my fancastings, is 16 year old Logan Kim of Ghostbusters Afterlife.

But again, mine is a fancast, as opposed to a young actor who truly fits the role, and could conceivably be of Middle Eastern and Chinese descent.

Logan doesn't look like he could pass for being of Arabic descent imo.

yfRv9b1J_400x400.jpg

Yeah.
I mean, I can come up with several actresses who I could see playing Talia who are of Asian or Arabic descent , but I personally don't know of all that many child to teen actors who would fit the mixed race heritage and age range to play Damien .

The closet young actor I could think of , in terms of a young actor of mixed race heritage ,in my fancastings, is 16 year old Logan Kim of Ghostbusters Afterlife.

But again, mine is a fancast, as opposed to a young actor who truly fits the role, and could conceivably be of Middle Eastern and Chinese descent.

Logan doesn't look like he could pass for being of Arabic descent imo.

I wouldn't overthink it too much, as mixed-race types can encompass a wide range of looks. Point being, if the casting directors are unable to find a kid who resembles both parents (which would be my personal preference), they can go with an actor who looks more like just one of them. As for which one would depend on whatever creative decision is collectively agreed upon by the studio. Perhaps they'll skew closer to Talia in keeping with trends toward more diverse representation. But who really knows? In some iterations, Damian has been said to look like a young Bruce, right? Hence, the casting call could very well end up being open to persons of any race/ethnicity.

And if I'm being honest, that makes the most sense to me. Cast a wide net and let the best suited actor emerge.

Since the Reeves-verse centers in an early-to-mid thirtysomething Batman, it would only be logical to age him up for the DCU.

So I'd be thinking more in the direction of a fiftysomething. Both in terms of the character and actor's age.

Since the Reeves-verse centers in an early-to-mid thirtysomething Batman, it would only be logical to age him up for the DCU.

So I'd be thinking more in the direction of a fiftysomething. Both in terms of the character and actor's age.
One in their mid 40s could work too to differentiate and be more viable as part of a 10 year plan.
Wouldn't be opposed to a 50 something though.

I think the whole Morrison inspiration, inclusion of the Batfamily and potential style difference will do a lot of heavy lifting in regards to differentiating them, but it seems set in stone that they'll be looking for late 30s to early 50s here. Either way, I doubt the actor will be playing his exact age.

Bit of left field but Bill Skarsgard is my pick for Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Especially after hearing he's willing and is cast to play Crow.

He has the intensity to sell being the head of the bat family.

He can be scary enough and probably have a great Batman voice idea based on his previous work.

And is one of the few actors who'd probably be willing to go though a complete physical transformation in order to become a very physical imposing Batman.

But most importantly I believe Bill would nail the frankly unhinged but determined mythic Batman and be able to stand alongside his fellow heros in this universe and against a more fantastical rogues gallery but also portray his flaws and darker edge.

Bill Skarsgard would nail the most dangerous man on earth vibe mentally prepared and more experienced I imagine this Batman will probably have without losing sight of the more vulnerable physiological traumatized and ultimately human side of Batman as well.
Too young, I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"