Brave and the Bold Casting Thread

Jake Gyllenhaal still has my vote as Bruce

5J0A1601-scaled.jpg

Bringing Asher back into DC as another character considering he played Billy Batson in the DCEU, I actually wouldn't mind Asher as Dick Grayson/Nightwing

But for Bruce Wayne/Batman...whoever suggested Lee Pace, I can see him as Bruce/Batman

Zac Efron as Bruce Wayne/Batman I don't know if I can see it

Invader, I think sometimes people are just having fun fan casting their preferences and not trying to connect psychically with James Gunn.

My choice for Batman would be Jake Gyllenhaal but what I actually think Gunn will pick is some generic big brooding white dude off a TV show. Lee Pace is probably the most recognizable or interesting I’d hope for.

I do think Efron stands an extremely, and I mean, extremely good chance at getting cast as the MCU's Wolverine. And it's funny because I think his face change actually will help him with that.

There's no denying Jake's talent or versatility as an actor. I just feel like he'd approach Batman too much like he did Dalton in that awful Roadhouse remake (and a lot of other performances as well, to be frank), drawing on his inherently whimsical side. That's a quality better suited for a character like Spider-Man, IMO. Speaking of Spider-Man, J. Michael Straczynski once wrote a fantastic, if contentious, story arc that culminates with Kingpin observing how Spidey is lacking his typical lighthearted, devil-may-care demeanor following an assassination attempt on his family that left Aunt May critically injured.

This is significant because it serves as a reminder to readers that, despite having gone through his fair share of tragedy, Spider-Man is generally known for his quips and one-liners (traits that indicate he's still a basically well-adjusted person); it's only when faced with Aunt May's demise that something sort of breaks in him. Bruce, on the other hand, has been broken ever since he was eight years old. Despite his being virtuous, selfless, and able to maintain healthy relationships (as evidenced by his relationship with Selina), he isn't a particularly happy person. He's certainly not the type of character who cracks jokes and one-liners on a regular basis.

Stuff like this is the closest we get from him in terms of humor, I'd say.

YcJAvGp.png

xuTnUFs.png

I do think Efron stands an extremely, and I mean, extremely good chance at getting cast as the MCU's Wolverine. And it's funny because I think his face change actually will help him with that.
Efron seems like the kind of guy Wolverine would have for breakfast. lol I know he's been making an effort to shed the whole "pretty boy" stereotype (and the weird roid face he's got going on these days kind of ameliorates that lol), but I still can't see him as Wolverine at all. I wouldn't be shocked if he got the role, though.

There's no denying Jake's talent or versatility as an actor. I just feel like he'd approach Batman too much like he did Dalton in that awful Roadhouse remake (and a lot of other performances as well, to be frank), drawing on his inherently whimsical side. That's a quality better suited for a character like Spider-Man, IMO. Speaking of Spider-Man, J. Michael Straczynski once wrote a fantastic, if contentious, story arc that culminates with Kingpin observing how Spidey is lacking his typical lighthearted, devil-may-care demeanor following an assassination attempt on his family that left Aunt May critically injured.
I've actually been getting more and more into the idea of Jake as Hal Jordan ever since Sneider said they want a star in Lanterns. He looks a lot like Hal Jordan in the comics, I feel he'd have a lot to bring to the type of show they're doing, and I can see them needing some actual star power that Jake can provide for that show since nobody in the GA cares about the Green Lanterns the same way they do Batman or Superman. Also with the way he's been recently going to streaming I think it's actually the perfect timing to get him.

I've actually been getting more and more into the idea of Jake as Hal Jordan ever since Sneider said they want a star in Lanterns. He looks a lot like Hal Jordan in the comics, I feel he'd have a lot to bring to the type of show they're doing, and I can see them needing some actual star power that Jake can provide for that show since nobody in the GA cares about the Green Lanterns the same way they do Batman or Superman. Also with the way he's been recently going to streaming I think it's actually the perfect timing to get him.
Yeah, with King and Lindelof already involved, having an A-lister like Jake in the lead role would be icing on the cake. And I agree that he's a good fit for it.

Seeing it today but I agree on people not flocking to this because it's a prequel/spinoff.

We want a continuing story.

6YrLtCm.gif

Yeah, with King and Lindelof already involved, having an A-lister like Jake in the lead role would be icing on the cake. And I agree that he's a good fit for it.

Jake Gyllenhaal as Bruce/Batman he is still my pick

Jake Gyllenhaal as Bruce/Batman he is still my pick
Jake's a great actor, but I wouldn't go with him for Batman for the reasons I mentioned above. Pace is still the one to beat, IMO.

It’s funny that we’re so starved of information that anyone is paying any mind to young actors posting Nightwing gifs on social media. We used to drag the everloving **** out of Tyrese for trying to throw his hat into the ring for John Stewart like that.

It’s funny that we’re so starved of information that anyone is paying any mind to young actors posting Nightwing gifs on social media. We used to drag the everloving **** out of Tyrese for trying to throw his hat into the ring for John Stewart like that.
I'm wondering whether they're rethinking their approach to this project given the complete hush surrounding it.

Or maybe some of us feel like that Shazam kid’s been through enough, having to watch Zach Levi tank his big break like that. :o

This slightly more masc-looking Cousin Greg really has some of these nerd accounts in a tizzy…

I don’t see it.
He's a really good actor, I've talked about it before but I think he'd actually be really good. I respect this fancast got popular too because at least you know when people fancast him it's 100% based on the acting because no one would fancast him purely based on looks lol Not that he's bad looking but he doesn't look like Bruce at all and it is kind of a nightmare to imagine how to style him so he does, but putting that aside, he's really solid and I do think he's the best candidate in his 30s.

And here's a compilation of clips from his role in 1923 to skim through.

I'd recommend watching the ones at 5:21, 7:20, 9:38, 16:08 and 20:48 as I think they're good showcases of his charm. Also this one which I think I shared before:

Also looking at how he looks clean shaven nowadays I don't think it'd be impossible to make him look really good in the part.

He's a really good actor, I've talked about it before but I think he'd actually be really good. I respect this fancast got popular too because at least you know when people fancast him it's 100% based on the acting because no one would fancast him purely based on looks lol Not that he's bad looking but he doesn't look like Bruce at all and it is kind of a nightmare to imagine how to style him so he does, but putting that aside, he's really solid and I do think he's the best candidate in his 30s.

And here's a compilation of clips from his role in 1923 to skim through.

I'd recommend watching the ones at 5:21, 7:20, 9:38, 16:08 and 20:48 as I think they're good showcases of his charm.

Yeah, he was one of my earlier suggestions for Bruce, but I've since soured on him a little. Sans the beard, he all but completely loses his edge (at least in terms of physical appearance). It's weird.

Yeah, he was one of my earlier suggestions for Bruce, but I've since soured on him a little. Sans the beard, he all but completely loses his edge (at least in terms of physical appearance). It's weird.
Yeah it's hard to imagine how they could make him look as Bruce but I can't say that if he got announced tomorrow I wouldn't be excited to see them try lol Maybe a Corenswet-style bulk-up and the right hairstyle and clothing would do the trick. Either way he has the acting chops and has way more of a mature presence than pretty much all the other plausible choices in their 30s, so if it was him I wouldn't complain (other than the fact that not casting Lee Pace as Batman would always be a massive missed opportunity)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"