Status
Not open for further replies.

AmazinUncleBen

Sidekick
Reaction score
episode1-main_image_005_3129.jpg

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/

Break Bad (v.) 1. To challenge convention 2. To defy authority 3. To raise hell

Meet Walter White, high school chemistry teacher. Sleepwalking through life when, boom, a terminal diagnosis changes everything. Liberates him. Empowers him to use his chemistry skills anew: to man a rolling drug lab and finance his family's future. Breaking Bad: Change the Equation.

Premieres Sunday, January 20 @ 10PM | 9C.

Has anyone else seen the previews? The show looks amazing, Bryan Cranston is a great actor and reminds me a lot of my own chemistry teacher. Its about time I have a good show to look forward to at least until the Shield returns.

Role Model
[YT]Ekq5hEs-NzI[/YT]

Breaking Bad is an upcoming American dark comedy/drama television series created by The X-Files producer Vince Gilligan. Its first season, consisting of 9 episodes, (7 episodes produced before the writers' strike) is scheduled to premiere on January 20, 2008 10PM EST on AMC in America and Canada.

The series stars Malcolm in the Middle's Bryan Cranston as Walter White, a struggling high school chemistry teacher with a handicapped child and a pregnant wife. When White is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, he "loses it" and turns to a life of crime, setting up a meth lab in order to support his family.

The title of the series comes from the American Southwest slang phrase "to break bad," meaning to challenge conventions, to defy authority and to skirt the edges of the law. The series is set in (and is shot in and near) Albuquerque, NM.

Dangerous Territory
[YT]50NoZaJBBag[/YT]

Definition

[YT]U4RU2E3Tk4g[/YT]

Uniqueness
[YT]EygCvZrSOc8[/YT]

Reviews

AMC's first original series, Mad Men, just this week won Best Drama and Best Actor Golden Globes. It looks great, something different, it has a short season, I'll be watching.

I want to see this show, but I don't have AMC. I'll see it online sometime I gues.

Bryan Cranston is a huge dodger fan, so I'm there.

The show was amazing, funny, suspenseful, a bit depressing at times, I'm going to be avidly watching this.

yep, saw it and liked it.

Liked it.

Could tell the pilot was not meant for AMC. Seemed like it was suppose to be on Showtime or HBO. I think the swears and nudity will prolly be completely non existent cuz they'll prolly fashion the show to be shown on AMC. Idunno if thats good or bad though. The bleeped swears and blurred nudity might lend more realism.

Liked it.

Could tell the pilot was not meant for AMC. Seemed like it was suppose to be on Showtime or HBO. I think the swears and nudity will prolly be completely non existent cuz they'll prolly fashion the show to be shown on AMC. Idunno if thats good or bad though. The bleeped swears and blurred nudity might lend more realism.

It was originally made for FX and while they liked it just didn't think advertisers would buy a show with Bryan Cranston as the lead.

But you should check out AMC's first original series Mad Men, (SHH thread) that airs after the Breaking Bad Encore on Sunday nights. A few degrees less than FX on what's accepted for language/sex but still more than what you would expect from AMC.
But very well done, and remained consistent for the 13 episodes so Breaking Bad won't shift into TV G next week. They've established these characters, muting out the swears is fine.

Excellent pilot, good new television on Sunday nights.
Walter went from Mr.Straight to cooking meth, killing drug dealers and having dirty sex in no time.

Excellent pilot, good new television on Sunday nights.
Walter went from Mr.Straight to cooking meth, killing drug dealers and having dirty sex in no time.

lol, I can't wait to see what he does if he goes back to the classroom.:sleepy:

Favourite part of the show last night.
Walter and his wife...

I just haven't got to be myself lately, but I love you. Nothing about that has changed. Nothing ever will. So right now what I need is for you to climb down out of my ass. Can you do that? Will you do that for me, honey? Please, just once get off my ass. You know, I'd appreciate it. I really would.

Cranston should get an Emmy nod. Holding back the sadness knowing he wouldn't see his daughter turn 1.

It was disgusting, but I loved it. I feel bad for poor Walter, a guy can't cook some good meth and make some money on the side without getting into these terrible predicaments.

Perhaps the most disturbing murder scene I've seen in a long time. I watch 24 and The Shield but something
about being choked by a bike lock against a pole and being stabbed with a broken piece of a plate just did something to me.
And it was done by Walter White not Jack Bauer or Tony Soprano or Vic Mackey but still believable.

Loved the missing piece scene. Only 4 episodes remain, is everyone going to survive?
breaking-bad_080210.jpg

Its up there but that beating with the chain in one of the later episodes of TheShield was pretty disturbing. Although maybe because Walter is so normal that makes it that much more distrubing

Looks really good. Wanted to catch it.

Its up there but that beating with the chain in one of the later episodes of TheShield was pretty disturbing. Although maybe because Walter is so normal that makes it that much more distrubing

Also, Walter was going to release him and let him live.

That's the part that really got to me. If Vic Mackey kills someone, it's shocking if he does it in an unusual way but it's not necessarily that shocking because he's ****ing Vic Mackey. He kills people; that's a big part of what he does.

Walter is a perfectly normal person, so it's a lot easier to put yourself into his shoes. I found myself questioning what I would do in Walter's situation, but I never wonder what I would do in Mackey's situations because they're totally unfathomable to me. I could never conceivably be in those situations because I'm not the same kind of person Mackey is.

I ask you, Has there been anything as captivating recently??????????

Tonights episode was great, Walter is diving deeper into this terrible underworld and despite bringing down the way too friendly Hugo, Walt is becoming a bit of a badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"