Breast Cancer

WalterKovacs

Sidekick
Reaction score
If anybody here has a story or personal issue with breast cancer, wether through first or secondhand knowledge, i thought it would be nice to share it here.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do, I havent told any of my friends this.
My mom went to the doctor, and they found a lump. She had surgery, and the results arent back yet. Im worried because my mom is kind of like the only person that can keep me going when all else fails. She's the kindest sweetest person in the world who's had life ***** on ehr for the past couple of years, and having breast cancer would be just one more thing.
I've never been in a position where it wasn't far-fetched to imagine receiving the news "your mother has 7 months to live."
I know my aunt on her side (brother's wife) had it and it ended up being okay, but this is scary. She's all I have.

My aunt was diagnosed with a serious case of breast cancer about a year or two ago. She had to undergo a lot of chemotherapy. She lost a lot of weight and most of her strength but she managed to pull through and now she feels better than ever.

I also had a friend who was diagnosed with an early sign of breast cancer when she was 17, but luckily for her it was detected quickly and removed before it could spread.

I can say as a fact that you're mom will be okay or wont have breast cancer cause i'm not a doctor, but i hope that if she does have cancer, that the surgery got rid of it before it spread. My mom also went and got tested and they found a lump on her too, but it turned out not to be benign, or cancerous. I don't know, all i can say is stay strong and have faith that everything will be okay.

Many lumps are not cancerous. It's very common for women to get something called "fibroadenoemas." They are benign tumors that COULD become cancerous and get larger, so it's best to get them removed. The surgery is very simple, I've had it done twice.

If it is cancer, it's good that they're detecting it now. Breast cancer is common BUT also has a good recovery rate.

My mother had breast cancer and had to have her left breast removed. Thankfully, she has not had a relapse. Chances are good for your mother.

If you ever need to talk, let me know.

i did race for a cure last weekend because i support boobs :)

i did race for a cure last weekend because i support boobs :)

Same here. :up:

Seriously, I think a good ad campaign to do to get more guys involved in donating and being supportive for the women in their lives would be to have a poster of a woman with a huge rack and have it say around them in big, bold letters "FIGHT BREAST CANCER."

I know that'd draw me in. :o

Seriously, sorry to hear about your mom, Walter. I hope she doesn't have the cancer. :)

My mother had an inoperable tumor in her breast. They gave her two months to live.

If you live in and around the Los Angeles basin, I believe I can help you.

My wife found a lump 4 years ago (ish)...had Mastectomy when it was found to be cancerous. No relapses, no spreading since then. I hope the tests come back negative or benign; regardless, give your mom love and support.

My mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer the same time my dad had a heart attack and a quintuple bypass surgery on his heart. I had to take care of both of them when I was in the 8th grade. I feel your pain.

Recovery is so much better now than in the past. She'll be fine, even if it is cancer. You just have to be strong for her and your family.

If anybody here has a story or personal issue with breast cancer, wether through first or secondhand knowledge, i thought it would be nice to share it here.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do, I havent told any of my friends this.
My mom went to the doctor, and they found a lump. She had surgery, and the results arent back yet. Im worried because my mom is kind of like the only person that can keep me going when all else fails. She's the kindest sweetest person in the world who's had life ***** on ehr for the past couple of years, and having breast cancer would be just one more thing.
I've never been in a position where it wasn't far-fetched to imagine receiving the news "your mother has 7 months to live."
I know my aunt on her side (brother's wife) had it and it ended up being okay, but this is scary. She's all I have.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. It's scary stuff, but not a death sentence. Many, many women have beaten and survived it. Perhaps you could organize a Hype-wide Click For The Cure campaign in her honor?

jag

Don't go there. I know it's very easy to think the worst, but as Jag pointed out it's NOT a death sentence. My girlfriend's mother was diagnosed and they gave her three months to live. That was over 10 years ago. She is 100% cancer free and feels better than ever. My good friend's mom was diagnosed with some rare form of cancer that they didn't even know how to cure. The doctors pretty much gave up on her. She's alive and well also. Advancements in cancer treatment happens every day. I can't offer you much more than a hand on your shoulder and a positive out look, but if you want to know more, just PM me and I'll talk to my girlfriend's mother for you if you like.

Thank you guys so much. It's been a big help, and you guys are amazing.

This is what the hype is for.

Thank you guys so much. It's been a big help, and you guys are amazing.

This is what the hype is for.

Aunt died because of it, mother had it

My mother did not have radiation, chemotherapy, or surgery to successfully battle cancer.

All she did was eat fruits and vegetable. No meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"