Cancer vs HIV

Colossal Spoons

Paper boi
Reaction score
In a boxing match! No seriously, cures for these 2 illnesses are a hot topic right now so...

If you could choose which of these 2 were to be cured(and you can only choose 1!), which would it be and why? And I'm talking all forms of cancer: lung, prostate, pancreatic, breast, etc.

The pole is public. And speak as freely as you wish, I know my answer might upset some people when I give it but let's try not to catch feelings here. I know everybody's got an uncle or brother who's died as a result of one or both of these illnesses but this thread ain't about your uncle or brother :o

And before anybody says it, I'm sure this thread has been made before(probably by me) but there's a lot of new faces around here and I wanna pick some brains :up:

Cancer.
I truly understand that not all AIDS/HIV victims have been involved in absurd sexual activity but when I think of a person with HIV/AIDS I think of someone who has slept with 20+ people and then some....its wrong, I know but thats the connotation I have about that disease. Where as cancer is a disease that has an effect on everyone and cant be avoid by being 'absent' unlike HIV/AIDS.
They both suck and I know people who have both diseases.

^If you cure cancer, will smokers not go nuts and smoke more than ever?

We have similar views on AIDS though. :up:

Cancer seeing how a lot of HIV/AIDS victims getting it in the first place is their own fault. (I didn't say ALL, keep your pants on)

Cancer, it's the one my family has had to deal with first hand.

Cancer is a pretty horrible way to die from the stories my gf gives from the ICU. HIV is quite livable as Magic Johnson can attest to.

I've lost friends and family to both diseases. They're both horrible. However, if I had to choose one to be eradicated forever, it would be cancer. I've watched it kill kids and people who were otherwise healthy and never did anything to invite that disease into their bodies. AIDS can certainly be contracted through innocent means as well, but the vast majority of the people who get it did so by being ****es or junkies; in other words, they engaged in risky behavior that exposed them to that danger. I'd rather see a disease that attacks more innocents taken out forever than one that people more often than not have to go out of their way to find.

jag

Cancer. It has struck my family a lot. It killed my mother and is killing my grandmother right now. I also hate when I see little kids in hospitals with it. HIV/AIDs can be stopped if people would stop sharing needles and screwing everything that moves.

Cancer, because AIDS/HIV is preventable. Quite a few member of my family have had cancer. so it hits close to home.

The things that sucks about AIDS/HIV however is that although it seems preventable in many first world countries...thats not so much the case in third world countries. For instance, in African countries lots of people have AIDS/HIV and its because their government sucks and does nothing to promote prevention...hence, the millions of african babies born with AIDs every year.

The things that sucks about AIDS/HIV however is that although it seems preventable in many first world countries...thats not so much the case in third world countries. For instance, in African countries lots of people have AIDS/HIV and its because their government sucks and does nothing to promote prevention...hence, the millions of african babies born with AIDs every year.

And don't forget the rapes. They get it from that also.

So how would that be... their fault?

Wow, about this thread.

I'd cure HIV because unlike cancer there's a 100 percent chance that IT WILL KILL YOU. Both of them are preventable to a certain degree.

Wow, about this thread.

I'd cure HIV because unlike cancer there's a 100 percent chance that IT WILL KILL YOU. Both of them are preventable to a certain degree.

*sigh*....having HIV is not a guarantee that it will kill you. There are many, many people who have lived happy, productive lives for decades with HIV in their systems. Magic Johnson is but one example. Also, while HIV may be largely preventable, cancer can be contracted by just about anyone through no doing of their own. I know people who lived clean, healthy lives and got some form of cancer or another. Never smoked. Never drank. Exercised and ate healthy. Still got it. There are countless kids who get forms of cancer every day. If cancer was largely preventable, it wouldn't be as prevalent as it is.

jag

Wow, about this thread.

cancer is NOT ****ing preventable you NITWIT!:cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad:

cancer is NOT ****ing preventable you NITWIT!:cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad:

I really didn't find my post that confusing. They are both preventable to a certain degree. Just because those measures are undesireable, doesn't mean its impossible... nitwit.

I really didn't find my post that confusing. They are both preventable to a certain degree. Just because those measures are undesireable, doesn't mean its impossible... nitwit.

Enlighten us, Dr. Azul. How does one prevent cancer? Your medical insights shall have you heralded as a hero among the medical community and the public at large.

jag

I've seen loved ones battle cancer, so the fight to cure cancer is more important to me.

Enlighten us, Dr. Azul. How does one prevent cancer? Your medical insights shall have you heralded as a hero among the medical community and the public at large.

jag

:csad: Like I said, preventative measures would be undesireable. There are plenty of diseases, including cancer, that are genetic. The solution to that is obvious. I'm not endorsing it, because if that were the case, I wouldn't be here right now. That won't completely eliminate the amount of cancer victims, but that's one example of how cancer can be prevented.

&&Everyone knows Magic Johnson bought the cure.

really? how the **** do you prevent cancer?

:csad: Like I said, preventative measures would be undesireable. There are plenty of diseases, including cancer, that are genetic. The solution to that is obvious. I'm not endorsing it, because if that were the case, I wouldn't be here right now. That won't completely eliminate the amount of cancer victims, but that's one example of how cancer can be prevented.

So you cannot answer my question, then, other than to say that if people stopped being born then they wouldn't get cancer. Thanks for your time.

jag

do you even have the faintest idea how cancer works?

Both Of These Are Horrid Diseases... But I would Have To Say Cancer ... Since It Has Affected My Family Lots Recently ):
[xx]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"