Transformers brief sexual humor, and language.

I can show you plenty of kids who break ****; ever been to a Chuck E Cheese? This is another example of prude ass America prioritizing sex as more offensive than violence. One character SHANKING ANOTHER IN THE THROAT (Optimus - Bonecrusher) is way more offensive than a *********ion speech from a kid's parents. The movie is for everyone, you want it to be JUST for kids for some weird reason.

Ya know..if you're going to try and argue with me, you can at least read my posts. And you obviously haven't. When the hell did I say I wanted it just for kids? This is getting really tiresome. Stop putting words in my mouth.

And you guys broke it down to this one scene, not me.

Yeah, but the thread defender would probably just say something to the effect of, "aGAIN with the violence argument...kids don't have lava pits, hand and head decapitators, little brothers who say penis breath or ark of the covenants".

Yeah and you were supposed to be gone a long time ago. Liar.

My initial point was that particular scene had nothing whatsoever to do with the plot, and was likely put in there to boost ratings. It all goes back to the mentality of many people that "clean ain't for teens", which is 100% wrong in my opinion. The average family film, on average, makes ten times the cash of its R-rated equal. I figure it's probably 5 times or so for a PG-13 film. If more people in this world would stick to what morality truly means, there'd be less violence, less rampant sex, and more overall peace. Rant's over, and this is my last post in this thread. As for the film in total, I got a huge kick out of it, but those few references just weren't at all necessary.

Yep, yep, and yep. Except liking the movie. My final post too, you guys can **** around all you want, I won't be reading it (I don't lie..ehmm..Nosebleed). What's the point? This is totally gone from what i've been saying and now people are quoting me of things I didn't even say and calling me religious and American (What an insult!). Have fun, see you in the TDK board. :yay:

I'll say that I did find some of the language and sex talk/innuendo in this movie to be fairly inappropriate to the movie. Here's my reasoning, the movie is for kids most of all, the second line of credits is a toy company, the company is selling toys to 5-10 year olds throughout the country right now, don't try to argue it's not for kids. Yes, another aspect is adults and teenagers for the nostalgia factor, but I highly doubt anyone thought/went to the move because they thought there would be people/robots giving the finger, saying $#!t and @$$, almost dropping the f bomb and that there would be a masterbation discussion, it's not a teen sex comedy, it's a big budget action movie, for little kids it was a two hour toy commercial.

Now a bunch of people are gonna get on me about the sex vs. violence thing, the movie was about violence, the trailers and ads sold violence, the tagline was Our World. Their War. people knew there'd be violence going in, I'm sure some parents thought the PG-13 rating was because of the violence. I'm not against sex talk, swearing, things like that, but it had no place in this movie, every teenager that went to this movie went for the giant robots and action sequences, not a few swear words and sex talk/innuendos, so why include it? There was no reason, any teens on this board care to comment, would you have not gone to the movie or not have enjoyed the movie if there was no swearing or sex stuff?

All I'm trying to say is why even include that stuff, it didn't add to the movie, only detracted. I'm gonna see my cousin tomorrow, she's got two boys 4 and 5, I'll say yeah Transformers was great (I did think it was a great movie) and the boys would love it, but also add a disclaimer that there is some bad language, that might cause her not to take the boys to see it and truthfully I shouldn't have to add the disclaimer.

Now feel free to attack me for these views.

The sex and swearing added a lot of humor to the movie. Everyone was laughing their butts off. The sex jokes should go right over the kids heads if they don't know what it is, if they do then they'll get the joke. As for the language, they've heard it all before lol

I'll say that I did find some of the language and sex talk/innuendo in this movie to be fairly inappropriate to the movie. Here's my reasoning, the movie is for kids most of all, the second line of credits is a toy company, the company is selling toys to 5-10 year olds throughout the country right now, don't try to argue it's not for kids. Yes, another aspect is adults and teenagers for the nostalgia factor, but I highly doubt anyone thought/went to the move because they thought there would be people/robots giving the finger, saying $#!t and @$$, almost dropping the f bomb and that there would be a masterbation discussion, it's not a teen sex comedy, it's a big budget action movie, for little kids it was a two hour toy commercial.

Now a bunch of people are gonna get on me about the sex vs. violence thing, the movie was about violence, the trailers and ads sold violence, the tagline was Our World. Their War. people knew there'd be violence going in, I'm sure some parents thought the PG-13 rating was because of the violence. I'm not against sex talk, swearing, things like that, but it had no place in this movie, every teenager that went to this movie went for the giant robots and action sequences, not a few swear words and sex talk/innuendos, so why include it? There was no reason, any teens on this board care to comment, would you have not gone to the movie or not have enjoyed the movie if there was no swearing or sex stuff?

All I'm trying to say is why even include that stuff, it didn't add to the movie, only detracted. I'm gonna see my cousin tomorrow, she's got two boys 4 and 5, I'll say yeah Transformers was great (I did think it was a great movie) and the boys would love it, but also add a disclaimer that there is some bad language, that might cause her not to take the boys to see it and truthfully I shouldn't have to add the disclaimer.

Now feel free to attack me for these views.

No way im attacking you...but lets look at the scene.

Sam was in his room all dark. His mother and father heard him talking to someone. Sam doesnt let his parents enter their room for about a 10 second period. Finally the parents enter the room, to find the room all messy and sam been a little suspicious. His mom ask if he was *********ing. Sam and his parents started cross talking each other. Sam's mom said that its ok and that he should call it "sam's happy time"

Now tell me that's offensive?...I don't think so. It's call life. Plus when you go to a PG-13 movie you should expect some violence and some sexual references in there. IMO

Aunt May should have asked Peter if he was having a little sam happy time when he had his door all locked up and sticky web on the walls lol

Spider-Man did it a little better with May. More subtle, as we all knew what she was getting at. TF kind of just came right out and said it. It did seem a tad out of place to an extent, more in tone with a PG-13 comedy, but whatever.

Yeah and you were supposed to be gone a long time ago. Liar.

I live in America...I am free to do what I want here. Thank you.

Yep, yep, and yep. Except liking the movie. My final post too, you guys can **** around all you want, I won't be reading it (I don't lie..ehmm..Nosebleed). What's the point? This is totally gone from what i've been saying and now people are quoting me of things I didn't even say and calling me religious and American (What an insult!). Have fun, see you in the TDK board. :yay:

So being an American is an insult eh? You take your snobbish attitude and shove it. And I am not a liar. I was just aggravated that you DO NOT know how to accept a person's response. MOST people when discussing a topic usually at least see where the other person is coming from as far as their point of view is concerned. You just kept counterarguing with no understanding at all. That is being hard headed and arguing just for the sake of arguing. Its APPARENT that you will NEVER see the other person's point of view...and that to me is pointless arguing. So good riddance to you and your stubborn, self righteous crap, don't let the door slam you on the ass on the way out.

I just recieved a very enlightening article about *********ion and Christianity. It really is not a sin by biblical standards. Lusting after a person is a sin, but for Christians, *********ion can actually be a means of releasing texual tension in a way that keeps you from ending up in a premarital sexual situation, and keep the plumbing in order. The bible never speaks against the act of *********ion, only lust. And as long as the *********ion does not involve lust, it's really not as big a deal.

Still it probably wasn't appropriate to talk about in a movie that lots of kids are gonna want to see. It really was just thrown in there for shock value I think.

If you see earlier in this post im on the side that the humour was IMO in good taste and would go over the heads of the little kids some people are worring about. I just wanted to make this point. Although that is a good point and find, about the bible never speaking out against *********ion. The thing is, *********ion is self gratification which for the religious is the same as lust and selfishness. It goes hand in hand with the "deadly sin" of lust.

I live in America...I am free to do what I want here. Thank you.

So being an American is an insult eh? You take your snobbish attitude and shove it. And I am not a liar. I was just aggravated that you DO NOT know how to accept a person's response. MOST people when discussing a topic usually at least see where the other person is coming from as far as their point of view is concerned. You just kept counterarguing with no understanding at all. That is being hard headed and arguing just for the sake of arguing. Its APPARENT that you will NEVER see the other person's point of view...and that to me is pointless arguing. So good riddance to you and your stubborn, self righteous crap, don't let the door slam you on the ass on the way out.

*claps hands*

Seriously, I don't care how heated you are in an argument. Calling it an insult to be mistaken for someone from another country?:huh: :dry:

I just recieved a very enlightening article about *********ion and Christianity. It really is not a sin by biblical standards. Lusting after a person is a sin, but for Christians, *********ion can actually be a means of releasing texual tension in a way that keeps you from ending up in a premarital sexual situation, and keep the plumbing in order. The bible never speaks against the act of *********ion, only lust. And as long as the *********ion does not involve lust, it's really not as big a deal.

Still it probably wasn't appropriate to talk about in a movie that lots of kids are gonna want to see. It really was just thrown in there for shock value I think.

Isn't the reason people masterbrate because of lust? I usually can't "clean the pipes" without thinking about a girl I find attractive. Kind of a catch-22, isn't it?

No way im attacking you...but lets look at the scene.

Sam was in his room all dark. His mother and father heard him talking to someone. Sam doesnt let his parents enter their room for about a 10 second period. Finally the parents enter the room, to find the room all messy and sam been a little suspicious. His mom ask if he was *********ing. Sam and his parents started cross talking each other. Sam's mom said that its ok and that he should call it "sam's happy time"

Now tell me that's offensive?...I don't think so. It's call life. Plus when you go to a PG-13 movie you should expect some violence and some sexual references in there. IMO

Yeah, but was the scene really needed? Truthfully, I didn't even think twice about that scene when I saw the movie and I did laugh at it. I was actually more "shocked" at the "bad language" and 2-3 uses of the finger. The movie just didn't need it, just because a movie is PG-13 doesn't mean you need to include that type of stuff. Would it really have hurt the movie if the masterbration discussion and use of $#!t, @$$, almost f bomb and finger weren't in there?

Yeah, but was the scene really needed? Truthfully, I didn't even think twice about that scene when I saw the movie and I did laugh at it. I was actually more "shocked" at the "bad language" and 2-3 uses of the finger. The movie just didn't need it, just because a movie is PG-13 doesn't mean you need to include that type of stuff. Would it really have hurt the movie if the masterbration discussion and use of $#!t, @$$, almost f bomb and finger weren't in there?

I don't think it would have hurt not to have them in...but obviously it wasn't a big deal to you until you got on the internet and saw discussion about it. So WHY is it such a big deal now?

Isn't the reason people masterbrate because of lust? I usually can't "clean the pipes" without thinking about a girl I find attractive. Kind of a catch-22, isn't it?

Scientifically, no. Lust might need *********ion, but *********ion does not need lust. The perceived need to fantasize about women you see is actually a learned behavior.

Probably not, but i don't go around talking about it like it was a big deal. Like i said i took my cousin and when he heard that comment he just laugh, but he knows that i catch him talking like the guys in the movie, he sure as hell gonna be in trouble, and he;s not even my kid lol. I know and i understand what you're talking about, but the movie is done and there's nothing that someone can do to replace it.

I can't believe this thread is still alive. The answer is simple: take the kid to see Ratatouille if you have a problem. You're in luck... it's getting rave reviews.

I can't believe this thread is still alive. The answer is simple: take the kid to see Ratatouille if you have a problem. You're in luck... it's getting rave reviews.

I've been TRYING to tell people to leave this thread alone and let it die but people kept posting and posting so the thread starter kept his ridiculous arguments up. I mean, it wouldn't have been a big deal if his arguments held any water...but his retaliations to people stating that violence is just as bad as sexual overtones were usually, "Well, kids don't have giant robots" or something similar. He did not know how to present a decent argument and kept bringing up irrational answers...so I told people to abandon ship and let the captain sink with it. But its dragged on up til now...such a waste of effort.

Why is this in this movie? Not to sound like a concerned parent or something, but soooooo much of this movie is marketed to children. It doesn't fit at all. Besides the writing it's another thing that keeps this from series like Pirates, Spider-Man, and Harry Potter. Instead of an epic family movie, it feels like it's made for brain dead teens.

Wow. I think it's really stupid to complain about a PG-13 movie having too much sexual innuendos. I mean, the parents should be smart enough to know what is in the movie and what is appropriate enough for their children to watch. It doesn't matter that the movie is Transformers. What matters is that it is PG-13 (which is clearly written on posters and shown in commercials). If any parent should even have a problem with the movie, it should be about the violence.

I'm surprised at some of the risque stuff that was in the movie. It's not a problem, though. The movie is PG-13, after all.

The kiddies probably don't get all the references...

Hell, when I was 9 and saw Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, I had no idea that he was whackin' it to the princess, when he was goin' "Oh momma, oh momma, ohhhhh momma...." I was just confused. :dry:

It wasn't until I saw it again recently that I realized what he was doing.

For me, I seriously doubt all the sexual humor will have a lasting effect on the kids.

I think some people worry too much about stuff like language and sexual innuendo in films. Odds are that most young kids won't really understand the "sex jokes" and that can't be damaging when they don't understand it anyhow. And as for language, how many households are really "sanitized" nowadays? If kids don't hear it at home, they hear it at school, guaranteed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"