Transformers brief sexual humor, and language.

It's just an observation from my experience surfing the message forums where people discussed about movies. Not just TF, but there are other PG-13 films that have some sexual humors or situations that got complains from posters who saw them and think they are inappropriate. And complains about sex far outnumbered the violence, which suggested that people really do consider sex to be a more serious problem in the entertainment industry than violence.

Fair enough. I'd just like to present the counter-argument that a) people who don't have a problem with sex don't usually post threads about the things they don't have problems with, and b) the internet is populated by citizens outside the borders of the United States as well.

I agree that the *********ion conversation was a bit extreme (particularly how they explicitly referred to it by name), and I think that for the sake of the kids it would've been better to leave it out. But like I said earlier, overall I don't think it was too big a deal. For younger kids it's going to go straight over their heads, and if they are old enough to know what the characters were talking about, you should have had a talk with them about the subject already.

Am i the only one that thinks that *********ion is natural????

Is a pg-13 movie so people should expect some bad words and violence...

I took my 11yo cousin and he knew what it was right away and it wasnt from his dad lol...School is teaching all this.. Sad but that's reality

Am i the only one that thinks that *********ion is natural????

Is a pg-13 movie so people should expect some bad words and violence...

I took my 11yo cousin and he knew what it was right away and it wasnt from his dad lol...School is teaching all this.. Sad but that's reality

I had sex-ed in 4th grade, so yeah. I don't think the word *********ION is really all that foreign to kids.

Edit: The funny thing is nobody would care if some had called someone else a Jerk-off in the film.

seriously i never understood that about you Americans, show all the blood gore and violence and no one bats an eye, yet think of the idea of sex and the whole country goes into melt down.

Because most are proods. The naked body scares them but blood a gore don't faze them.

seriously i never understood that about you Americans, show all the blood gore and violence and no one bats an eye, yet think of the idea of sex and the whole country goes into melt down.
it's not the WHOLE country...just those crazy religious freaks. :cwink:

It depends on your upbringing and values. Myself, I don't believe there's any substitute for an actual woman.

I agree...but the whole scene from the movie was actually true....Some people have parents like that so it's nothing unusual. IMO

it's not the WHOLE country...just those crazy religious freaks. :cwink:

Hey, I'd be more careful about who you say that in front, of, crazy agnostic freak! :cmad: j / k

Anyway, the whole sex / gore thing is simple: kids are more likely to pursue fulfillment of sexual fantasies than they are to act out violence they see on TV, and erotic entertainment is stimulation for sexual fantasies. This ties into the bigger hot button issue of how far is too far when it comes to sexualizing our youth.

Yeah, but the thread defender would probably just say something to the effect of, "aGAIN with the violence argument...kids don't have lava pits, hand and head decapitators, little brothers who say penis breath or ark of the covenants".
i lol'ed. nice. :woot:

*bump

or should I say: BOIOIOIOING!

Timstuff said:
Anyway, the whole sex / gore thing is simple: kids are more likely to pursue fulfillment of sexual fantasies than they are to act out violence they see on TV, and erotic entertainment is stimulation for sexual fantasies. This ties into the bigger hot button issue of how far is too far when it comes to sexualizing our youth.
Exactly; the vast majority of teenagers and younger kids balk at the idea of real, deathly violence, but rarely think twice about hopping in the sack. Kids these days spend tons of time trying to escape their childhood, rather than embracing it. Kids need to be taught that being innocent isn't some terrible crime, and that there is nothing wrong with maintaining traditional values, no matter how much society says otherwise. As for the whole *********ion issue, I didn't even find out what that term meant until I was 16 or so; I'd heard tons of euphemisms for it, but never knew what anyone was talking about. Does that make me a freak? I don't think so. We need to get away from the "everybody does it" excuse, and start setting boundaries again on right and wrong. The way things are headed, parents in general are frightened of disciplining their kids...what on Earth is going on?!

...what on Earth is going on?!

An invasion of hostile sentient robots, called Decepticons, looking for an object called the Cube (also referred to as All-Spark) which they deem key to their military strategies on their home world.

An invasion of hostile sentient robots, called Decepticons, looking for an object called the Cube (also referred to as All-Spark) which they deem key to their military strategies on their home world.

WTF... LOL.....Did they *********e on their way to earth??

The fact that both of you had the first impression of ignoring my statement illustrates my point precisely. Why is it that most folks balk at the idea of violence in reality, but barely even hesitate to shack up?...makes absolutely no sense.

Exactly; the vast majority of teenagers and younger kids balk at the idea of real, deathly violence, but rarely think twice about hopping in the sack. Kids these days spend tons of time trying to escape their childhood, rather than embracing it. Kids need to be taught that being innocent isn't some terrible crime, and that there is nothing wrong with maintaining traditional values, no matter how much society says otherwise. As for the whole *********ion issue, I didn't even find out what that term meant until I was 16 or so; I'd heard tons of euphemisms for it, but never knew what anyone was talking about. Does that make me a freak? I don't think so. We need to get away from the "everybody does it" excuse, and start setting boundaries again on right and wrong. The way things are headed, parents in general are frightened of disciplining their kids...what on Earth is going on?!

What really annoys me is that people these days try to act like you're wrong if you try to pass your moral values on to your kids. If you're not at all religious or do not have any kind of cultural background that includes a preset list of morals, then obviously you're going to take the route of "morality is subjective, and it's up to each person to decide what's right and wrong." Well, that's fine and dandy if that's how you want to raise your kids, but please don't bust down my door and tell me I'm a horrible person if I tell my kids they shouldn't *********e. It's we're back in the Victorian prude era but with the shoe on the other foot. All this nonsense needs to stop IMO.

While we can't really force moral values onto other people, we are at least entitled to pass them onto our kids. And the problem right now, is that our kids are constantly being bombarded by all forms of media, telling them ideas of right and wrong that you probably don't share. I think now it's more important then ever to make sure you know what's going into your kids' heads, because if there are things in there that you didn't want when you decided to be a parent, it's your responsibility to talk to your kids about it. Personally, I say screw "every person must find their own moral code." If they're my kids, I'm going to pass my values on to them.

Bah. This topic is getting seriously derailed. It all started with whether or not Transformers is appropriate for kids, and it's probably going to turn into a very heated morality debate, and I absolutely loathe those, because they seem to bring out everyone's nastiest personality traits. I'll be leaving now... *sneaks out the back door*

The fact that both of you had the first impression of ignoring my statement illustrates my point precisely. Why is it that most folks balk at the idea of violence in reality, but barely even hesitate to shack up?...makes absolutely no sense.

Because the world would be much better, and less tense, if we spent all the man hours we've been at war with each other ****ing our wives/girlfriends?

Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4

Dude, take it easy. It's a forum, mind you a movies forum. If you have an idea or something, well go ahead and talk about with your kids or some other people that you know, but dont come here expecting everyone to agree with you, especially in this discussion. Am i ignoring your statement? Sure cause i dont care. But i respect your opinion.

What really annoys me is that people these days try to act like you're wrong if you try to pass your moral values on to your kids. If you're not at all religious or do not have any kind of cultural background that includes a preset list of morals, then obviously you're going to take the route of "morality is subjective, and it's up to each person to decide what's right and wrong." Well, that's fine and dandy if that's how you want to raise your kids, but please don't bust down my door and tell me I'm a horrible person if I tell my kids they shouldn't *********e. It's we're back in the Victorian prude era but with the shoe on the other foot. All this nonsense needs to stop IMO.

While we can't really force moral values onto other people, we are at least entitled to pass them onto our kids. And the problem right now, is that our kids are constantly being bombarded by all forms of media, telling them ideas of right and wrong that you probably don't share. I think now it's more important then ever to make sure you know what's going into your kids' heads, because if there are things in there that you didn't want when you decided to be a parent, it's your responsibility to talk to your kids about it. Personally, I say screw "every person must find their own moral code." If they're my kids, I'm going to pass my values on to them.

Bah. This topic is getting seriously derailed. It all started with whether or not Transformers is appropriate for kids, and it's probably going to turn into a very heated morality debate, and I absolutely loathe those, because they seem to bring out everyone's nastiest personality traits. I'll be leaving now... *sneaks out the back door*

You're moving the goal posts. People don't criticize people's desire to pass morals onto their kids. Rather, they call them out for throwing their arms up in the air over the WORD "*********ing" while glossing over the non-stop VISUALS of wanton, indiscriminate violence.

By the way

Sam's mom: "Sam were you *********ing"
Sam: "Come on mother"
Sam's dad: "(mother name) thats a discussion between me and him"
Sam's mom: "Well we can call it, Sam happy time"

That was the whole *********ion comment.....Jezzz

So the fact that I ignored troll bait means people like to screw too much? 7+7=wtf?

Sorry, forgive me in advance. I don't bring anything to this debate, but 7+7=wtf?

^
ROTFL!

It depends on your upbringing and values. Myself, I don't believe there's any substitute for an actual woman.

Aye, but when you don't have an actual woman what do you do then? :word:

My initial point was that particular scene had nothing whatsoever to do with the plot, and was likely put in there to boost ratings. It all goes back to the mentality of many people that "clean ain't for teens", which is 100% wrong in my opinion. The average family film, on average, makes ten times the cash of its R-rated equal. I figure it's probably 5 times or so for a PG-13 film. If more people in this world would stick to what morality truly means, there'd be less violence, less rampant sex, and more overall peace. Rant's over, and this is my last post in this thread. As for the film in total, I got a huge kick out of it, but those few references just weren't at all necessary.

Aye, but when you don't have an actual woman what do you do then? :word:

I just recieved a very enlightening article about *********ion and Christianity. It really is not a sin by biblical standards. Lusting after a person is a sin, but for Christians, *********ion can actually be a means of releasing texual tension in a way that keeps you from ending up in a premarital sexual situation, and keep the plumbing in order. The bible never speaks against the act of *********ion, only lust. And as long as the *********ion does not involve lust, it's really not as big a deal.

Still it probably wasn't appropriate to talk about in a movie that lots of kids are gonna want to see. It really was just thrown in there for shock value I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"