Reaction score
The man has paid his dues. Way more than he should have. He's the director of

Predator
Die Hard
The Hunt for Red October
Last Action Hero
Die Hard with a Vengeance
The Thomas Crown Affair

and even his less liked movies such as "The 13th Warrior" and "Basic" are better than most assume.

He's a brilliant filmmaker, and the trailers for the video game "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands" he directed (which were shot by DP Jeff Cronenweth) prove that he's still got it.

He deserves a comeback!

Last edited:
Given his personal issues (spying on fellow filmmakers, criminal convictions, jail time and bankruptcy), dude might be too “radio active” to get many offers.

Great director. Wouldn't mind if he came back.
But his crime is so weird, I don't think anyone in Hollywood would want to work with him.
Strangely Hollywood is more willing to work with sex pests, domestic abusers, racists, and sexists...but no one likes a rat.

And also he hadn't really directed anything of note since 1999 before he got charged in 2006.

I wasn't even aware he had any issues. Just thought he retired or something

He hired Anthony Pellicano to wiretap producer Chuck Roven, because they had beef on the Rollerball set and McT suspected there was foul play involved on his behalf.

Hollywood should move on and hire him. And "Basic" was solid. The script didn't work 100%, but McTiernan's directing was still superb.

I didn’t know anything about what had happened to him and the reason he stopped making films. Predator is always going to be one of my favourite films and no one has managed to recreate that magic since.

No one has got an eye quite like his:

He's one of the ALL TIME GREATS, even though the material and production/creative issues didn't always do his talent justice.

Last edited:
Yeah the man has made some iconic films, including the ONLY good Predator film (fight me). What he did was shady but like Blackman says, racists, abusers, sex offenders, etc. seem to get second chances in Hollywood so I have no idea why McTiernan can’t. I know he made Rollerball but we’re all allowed one massive F-up in our lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"