Buffy Season 9

Covers for Angel & Faith #3

angelandfaith3.jpg

angelandfaith3alt.jpg

Covers for Buffy #2
buffyseason92.jpg

buffyseason92alt.jpg

Is that demon behind Angel and Faith the same demon from "I Will Remember You"?

Yep. Wonder if Angel will try and get some of it's blood to become human again.

Seems like they are hinting towards that on the first cover since it looks like he is shedding his demon half.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167799-sdcc-the-saturday-july-23-comic-con-schedule

July 23rd:
3:00-4:00 Dark Horse: Joss Whedon— Long before signing on to helm one of the most anticipated superhero films in history, Joss Whedon rewarded fans the world over with some of the most compelling characters and plot lines in the history of comics, television, and movies. Here's your chance to find out what he has in store for us next, including a sneak peek at the brand-new Angel & Faith and Buffy Season 9 comics, plus exciting news about Buffy digital comics! Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront.
Exciting. :up:

Really can't wait for the books to start coming out. No Buffy till September.

But Angel & Faith is out next month :awesome: Probably looking forward to it more than Buffy.

did jo chen draw the cover for buffy issue 2? it doesn't look good at all.

I dont think Chen is doing covers this season. And I think it looks fine. :o

Let me know if this is the wrong thread to ask this in, but I just finished watching Buffy and Angel for the first time, and I am wondering what you all think are the best comics from both shows? I know about Season 8 and how important it is, and I'll definitely read it, but I would love to know what some of the other must-read Buffy and Angel comics are.

prv9623_cov.jpg

prv9623_pg1.jpg

prv9623_pg2.jpg

prv9623_pg3.jpg

Season 8 ended with a bang when Buffy cut the world off from the hell dimensions and all supernatural influence. Great, right? Except Buffy has left her best friend, Willow, powerless, and ended the long line of vampire slayers, leaving her hated by the hundreds of girls who recently stood behind her. Newly relocated to San Francisco, Buffy can count on a fresh start, and focus on what she's good at--slaying.

* Written by creator Joss Whedon, with Andrew Chambliss of the CW's The Vampire Diaries!

I hope season 9 is less weird and awkward than season 8. I just read the "Last Gleaming" trade and found it fairly unsatisfying. I also hope Angel isn't just a mindless husk in Angel & Faith.

Yikes. Not digging Jeanty's work in that preview. Guy is very hit and miss with his Buffy work.

And yeah I hope season 9 tones down things a lot. Season 8 was just way to out there for me. One thing that annoyed me about Angel was that they had him grow so much on his show, then completely pissed all over it with the Twilight stuff. I get what Joss was trying to do. But man he made Angel look like a complete ****ing moron imo.

Last edited:
Yeah, what happened to him telling all those prophecies to shove it and focusing on the here and now? He goes back to Buffy and suddenly he's happy to be another pawn in the higher powers' games. "Trust me, Angel, I've seen how it plays out if you tell Buffy everything now." Who the f*** is Whistler anyway? Angel met him once like forever ago. He's experienced firsthand that it's possible to stick it to the higher powers if you really put your mind to it. :o

Really liked the first issue of Angel & Faith. Already looking forward to where the story is going and to see if
Angel can bring back Giles

Art was fantastic.. You could actually tell who was who. Can't wait for issue 2.

Angel ain't bringing Giles back. I bet this series is about Angel learning to take responsibility for his actions by trying and failing to bring Giles back, effectively botching his attempt at a do-over. Even though Angel's already learned to take responsibility for his actions like 2 or 3 times at this point...

I just read Angel & Faith #1 and really loved it.

Everyone was completely in character. I had no problem believing that these people were Giles, Angel, and Faith. It sounds like the writer really knows the characters he's writing for. I even hear Anthony, David, and Eliza voicing the characters in my head,

The scenes with Angel & Faith were especially well-done. She trusts him, but still pulled out her stake when Angel "bluffed" the demon just in case. I look forward to seeing how this friendship plays out over the course of this title.

But the thing that impressed me most about the issue was the use of Giles. He was perfect. His thoughts, actions, speech... it was just so Giles. If they continue to use him like this, is might get old after a while, but for now it is fresh, new, and a helluva lotta fun.

I'm already eagerly awaiting the next issue.

FYI: I went ahead and changed the thread's title, since season 9'll be starting up this month (or already has, depending on how you view Angel & Faith).

Loved issue one of angel and faith. Jo Chen's cover was great as was the art by Rebecca. Like her art more than jeanty. Too bad Jo isn't doing more covers....

Liked the first issue of Buffy. It felt more like the show than anything in season 8 did. Look forward to the more tamed and down to Earth story.

Buffy #1 wasn't anything special. It was better than most of S8, but thats not hard to do.

It seemed like it was just a tease to all the shippers out there. They teased Buffy/Spike, Buffy/Xander, Buffy/Riley, Buffy/Willow....

There was really no aftermath of season 8. Nobody bothers to mention Giles at all, though he was an important figure in there lives. They just party and get drunk.

Plus, the twist at the end is a demon collecting student loans? I have lost faith in you, Joss Whedon.
I liked the first issue of Angel & Faith much better. They actually deal with the events of season 8. They address the Twilight mess, Giles death, the loss of innocent life, and other consequences.

Agree on Angel & Faith being better. You could get a good feel of how **** has changed since Twilight. Didn't really get that feeling in Buffy other than the little mentions of Willow not having magic.

Art wise Jeanty is pretty inconsistent. For a second I was wondering who those two dudes were with Spike. Ended up being Riley and Andrew. LOL

I think I will be enjoying A&F more than Buffy because Angel & Faith are two of my favorite characters in the Buffyverse, the story so far seems much more interesting, and the art is really damn good.

Angel has always been more mature than Buffy and I'm glad the comics will reflect that.

I'd hate for Angel & Faith to be as light as Buffy, atmospherically, emotionally, and artistically.

Who is the professor that faith murdered?

Issue 2 of Buffy was better than 1. I'm intrigued by the new male character and his power....

Who is the professor that faith murdered?

Think they were talking about the one she accidentally killed in the Bad Girls episode.

Liking Buffy season 9. Not as good as Angel & Faith though. Really enjoying the hell out of that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"