State Your Opinion on a Character - Part 3

I dunno. I think they both still look cool enough.

TMNT was basically the first franchise I was ever crazy over, so I suppose that makes these two my first Henchmen, heh.

Ah, part 4 time.

It's these two today:

IDW-One-shot_BebopRocksteady_Cover-Regular_rich.jpg

Are they more credible as threat in the comics, or are they jusy as moronic as the cartoons

No idea, I don't read the Turtles comics, but they certainly look like they mean business a lot more...

Not a fan of them in the old cartoon
What are they like in the new comics?

Dude.... listen if your name is "BEBOP" and "ROCK STEADY"... then you are a COOL ASS MOTHER%(&*$%^ and you can take that to the bank!!:cwink:

Corny or not, I love them both.

They're great in both the comics and old cartoon but definitely much more badass threats in some comics

2 of the best goofy villains ever!!

From Wiki:

"Superduperman" is a satirical story by Harvey Kurtzman and Wally Wood that was published in the fourth issue of Mad (April–May 1953). Lampooning both Superman and Captain Marvel, it revolutionized the types of stories seen in Mad, leading to greatly improved sales. Writers such as Alan Moore have cited this story as an influence.

The plot parallels the Superman scenario of the period: "Clark Bent" is a lowly assistant to the copy boy at The Daily Dirt newspaper, where he tries, unsuccessfully, to woo the narcissistic and indifferent "Lois Pain." Meanwhile, an 'unknown monster' is stalking the streets of the city. Bent changes into Superduperman to help save the day, but "boy reporter Billy Spafon" reveals himself to be the monster, "Captain Marbles." Superduperman is unable to harm Captain Marbles until he provokes Marbles into punching himself in the head.[citation needed] Hoping this victory will be enough to sway Pain, he reveals his alter ego, only to be rejected again; the story closes with Pain's putdown: "Once a creep, always a creep."[1]
Kurtzman's script subverts the admirable image of the superhero. Clark Bent uses his X-ray vision to peer into the women's bathroom, and Captain Marbles has abandoned good deeds for the pursuit of money. The conflict between the two characters also parodies the National Comics Publications v. Fawcett Publications trial.[

I remember those. They were pretty good, especially if you read any Superman recently.

I meant if you had read Superman recently since starting to read that. The differences between them made it funnier if it was in your recent memory. I just woke up from three hours sleep so my words aren't coming out right.

A spoof of Superman, courtesy of the makers of Mad Magazine, love that magazine!!! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"