Burnout Paradise - Driving to pefection

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
Sweet Mary and Joseph, anyone else downloaded the demo? This game is seriously good. I drove around for 40 minutes having a blast, and I didn't even see anywhere near all the demo had to offer, than on a scale, it looks like it took up only about a 10th of the map.

The game is just PACKED with jumps, short cuts, open areas, bigger jumps, etc, you never run out of something new to try. The graphics are also sensational, best looking driving game to date.

F**k you Motorstorm! Welcome back the true king of destructive driving games.

Blas is going so fast in excitement for this game, he can't construct proper sentances.

I have already downloaded, but still haven´t played it.

I´ll be doing this in the next couple of minutes

See you in 5 years, where it might be possible to have done everything in the demo.

Burnout is AMAZING! Best racing series returns. I love the online Freeburn mode. Its an interesting concept. If anyone wants to play tonight, I'll be on. Just look for me while in the game. PSN name = Havok83

Sweet Mary and Joseph, anyone else downloaded the demo? This game is seriously good. I drove around for 40 minutes having a blast, and I didn't even see anywhere near all the demo had to offer, than on a scale, it looks like it took up only about a 10th of the map.

The game is just PACKED with jumps, short cuts, open areas, bigger jumps, etc, you never run out of something new to try. The graphics are also sensational, best looking driving game to date.

F**k you Motorstorm! Welcome back the true king of destructive driving games.

We seem to be disagreeing a lot lately, because this demo did nothing for me. I mean it seems decent and all that but not exactly what I'm looking for in a racing game. Though the seamless free roaming online offline drop in drop out seems really cool and a big step up from previous titles. The motion controls in this are terrible compared to Motorstorm, but still better than using the sticks. You can tell that their driving physics model isn't nearly as advanced as Motorstorm just based off of the what the cars handle. After playing Motorostorm it felt almost like halfway between using an analogue stick and a D pad, there's no fine wheel control, at all, or suspension, not really.

The gameplay is solid, but a bit more basic than something like Motorstorm which has terrain types, multiple paths, and different classes of vehicles to race with.

Racing on the side of a Canyon > Racing in a city.

That being said, Motorstorm has a lot of work ahead of it for the sequel. They really need to work on making the entire game more accessible and balancing the gameplay experience. You basically have to memorize the tracks to play well online, though Burnout might not be any different with the really hardcore people memorizing secret shortcuts). Hopefully Motorstorm 2 totally redesigns and opens up the single player, and maybe even has free roaming setup like Burnout.

I don't see how Burnout Paradise is the king of destructive racing, knocking someone off a cliff side to their deaths seems was more visceral than crashing into a car on the freeway.

Or how about clotheslining a fellow Motor bicker and then having them get run over by a semi, with vehicles outright bursting into flames, wilst racing on the side of a plateau with an incredible vista and near endless drop into certain death waiting below. Yet again it's cooler and more exciting than racing in a generic city.

Motorstorm 2 is going to be incredible if they iron out the infrastructure of the single and multiplayer as well as the balance the single player and multiplayer maps and scenarios. The core gameplay is fantastic and a lot better than Burnout ever has been, that includes Burnout Paradise, by a mile.

I seriously wish there was a way to poop on your post without ruining my laptop, Zenien :dry:

Dissing Burnout? You make me sick! :cmad:

Hey don't hate the game that out Burnouts Burnout. Imagine playing Burnout on the side of a canyon with multiples vehicles types, and ramming a biker into a rock wall and watching him explode in flames and then jumping over an impossibly far vertical drop and landing on another plateau, and seeing a buggy drop down from another point, hit the side rail wrong, burst into flames, and watch its flaming wreckage shoot barrel roll into the air ans your drive past, underneath it, than a motorcyclist drops down on your roof and uses it to springboard in front of you, giving you the finger as he leaves you in his dust, except y'know, with gameplay that's as good as Motorstorm, none of this dumbed down physics stuff.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/15917.html

What would be more intense, Playing Burnout, or running that track (one of the more simple tracks in the game) in first person with a race car.

If it actually did fail it would be because of how the ticket system works and even than a simple quickrace option solves a lot of that. You don't fail by having much better and more intense racing gameplay than your competitors.

You really aren't living up to your usual standards with these rebuttals.

You'd like Sonic the Hedgehog for the 360, I hear that game is really fast.

블라스;13517829 said:
You'd also like my foot all over your face, I hear it's also really fast :cmad:

That won't make Motorstorm having better racing than Burnout any less true.

블라스;13514900 said:
This game WILL awesome!
I love you for typing this post.

Even though this game probably WON'T AWESOME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"