Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=17058

Training Day director Antoine Fuqua lines up his next film
23 August 2005
11922.jpg
Antoine Fuqua is in negotiations to direct a new film – and it sounds like a doozy. By Any Means Necessary is a new action adventure film, with what sounds to us like a bit of a Silence of the Lambs twist.

The story centres on a law enforcement agency desperate to prevent a terrorist attack that they believe is coming. The key to stopping the terrorists, however, lies with a convicted mobster, and they must convince the jailed wiseguy to help them out against this new threat.

There's the potential for two things here. First, there could be a thoughtful and interesting examination of the price of combating terrorism and the new world order. Secondly, there could be a mismatched cop-and-crook couple running around after a bomb, as time ticks away. However, with a script by The Manchurian Candidate's Dan Pyne, we can hope for a healthy dollop of the former in among the latter.

As for Fuqua, he's had a run of bad luck of late. His 2001 film Training Day propelled him onto the A-list, but after that came the just-OK Tears of the Sun and the not-as-good-as-we-hoped King Arthur - not to mention his cancelled plans to reteam with Denzel Washington to make drug drama Superfly (aka Tru Blue). But between this and the Mel Gibson film Under And Alone, about an undercover officer working with motorcycle gangs, things could finally be going his way.

We'll keep you up to date as we learn more.

i think this guy's overrated... really, other than Training day (which wasnt anything special either) what else has he done?...that was a hit

sava said:
i think this guy's overrated... really, other than Training day (which wasnt anything special either) what else has he done?...that was a hit

your just saying that cos i said Halo was overrated:mad: :p
actually although it wasn't a hit Tears Of the sun was a good movie

hunter rider said:
your just saying that cos i said Halo was overrated:mad: :p
actually although it wasn't a hit Tears Of the sun was a good movie

nah, i never really like Training day at all. TOTS was good... but not what i was expecting

hunter rider said:

i never really got why Denzel even won an oscar for it :confused:... it was more like that guys at the oscar realizeing that they didnt recognise sooner, so they waited for him to give a good performance and just gave it to him

sava said:
i never really got why Denzel even won an oscar for it :confused:... it was more like that guys at the oscar realizeing that they didnt recognise sooner, so they waited for him to give a good performance and just gave it to him

Yeah, that's exactly what it was.

And, isn't Fuqua supposed to be doing a Biggie Smalls biopic?

sava said:

:up:

Little update on this one

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31644

Capone was asking Fuqua about projects he was still involved with

C: The other one I read about was BY ANY MEAN NECESSARY, a story about terrorism.

AF: Yeah, that's here at Paramount. They're working on a new draft, with me and Mark again. So we'll see. That's a great one; we'll see what happens.

Mark Wahlberg as the agent maybe and get De niro as the old mob boss:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"