BvS Call the carnage = what level of destruction do you want to see in the SM/BM movie?

Batmannerism

Super-unknown
Reaction score
By now everyone's read that great infographic that estimates the
cost of the destruction in Metropolis at $2 trillion with tens of thousands
dead.

Anyway, what level of destruction do you think is appropriate for a film
featuring SM and BM. Bats will be pissed if Gotham gets destroyed
(it very nearly did in his last movie), whereas Supes only narrowly
averted total global annihilation in MOS.

But you all know this, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this thread.

So what kind of destruction should / will/ might or would you like there be in the upcoming film, seeing as one of the two main characters is a mere mortal (although a truly legendary one) ?

As for myself, I reckon Supes learns from his little scrap with Zod and
takes the fight out into an open area, so the urban destruction will be
limited to what you might expect in a Batman movie (although having said that the Joker blew up a hospital, took out a swat convoy, burnt a firetruck and nearly fragged two ferryloads of civilians, whereas Bane
blew up strategic parts of the sewer system, plus a stadium, although he was ready to atomize all of Gotham).

But I can't see there being much more urban damage than that. I kind of feel that Batman's presence will bring things down to a street kind of level. Also, we've seen epic urban destruction in MOS, it behoves Snyder and co to change it up at least a little -Maybe Supes and some bad guy will duke it out in the mountains, and knock a few down.

Anyway, if Luthor's involved he probably won't want too much property
damage (given that insurance companies aren't what they used to be).

Enough from me, over to you. Come on people, what do we want/expect
a few buildings or total universal catastrophe ? Speak and be heard.

peace

I think the city destructing is done for... BRING ON THE NATURAL DISASTERS!!! Really, a few spectacular sequences where Superman must use his power to both save individuals in the sights of some huge natural phenomenon while also trying to save a greater population of people, all with some insane time limit would be sick as all hell get out!! Now just imagine if, in some way, it's Luthor behind it all? It would be something different from the first film, that's for sure.

I wonder if they'll tackle it much the same way as Avengers 2 seems to be going about it. You can't go bigger, so go more personal. Batman fighting for his life could take place in one building, no need for a 10 block radius to get destroyed. And I think they'll make a conscious decision in showing Superman being able to fight bad guys without a city getting levelled.

I don't expect there to be city level destruction until the JL movie. The fighting will be more personal here I think.

I'm hoping for more buildings falling down, lots of explosions, and the death toll to be nearly a million.

As Joss Whedon said: don't go bigger, cut deeper. Make it a more personal, cerebral story. That's the best way to feature intellectual characters such as Batman and Lex. I am fine with the level of destruction in the first movie because it was an alien invasion/war/disaster movie, this movie should definitely be different.

I don't want to see more destruction. It's not necessary, I want to see Superman given a real beatdown, even if it takes Kryptonite to do so, because the scene where Superman is given a beating in Superman Returns has more emotional resonance than the fights in Man of Steel.

I seriously doubt that the destruction will be nearly as bad as in MOS. For one thing, there won't be superpowered aliens with giant gravity beams attacking the city. If Lex is the villain, he will be more sneaky and cunning, and even villains like Metallo and Parasite aren't strong enough to cause that level of destruction. Also, Superman won't be such a complete novice and likely learned from what happened in MOS. PunyGod, the destruction wasn't meaningless. You had superpowered aliens attacking Metropolis bent on genocide, there SHOULD be a lot of destruction, that's what WOULD happen.

I don't want to see more destruction. It's not necessary, I want to see Superman given a real beatdown, even if it takes Kryptonite to do so, because the scene where Superman is given a beating in Superman Returns has more emotional resonance than the fights in Man of Steel.

No it doesn't but hey that's a different story, the part when Clark goes at Zod for threatening Martha was amazing it could have been better if we had real talent on the movie.

No it doesn't but hey that's a different story, the part when Clark goes at Zod for threatening Martha was amazing it could have been better if we had real talent on the movie.
What does that even mean? Your saying that Cavill, Lane, and Shannon aren't talented, ok whatever. It was a guy protecting his mother, I really liked it. Also, Superman in SR was a whiny, emo, stalker, I hated him so much that I was rooting for Lex to kick his ass.

I hope there isn't as much destruction as there was in MoS but Snyder's comments don't give me hope.

He said “We almost destroyed the world last time, now what!?’. Which to me says they are gonna try and out do that.

YES!!! :hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt: At last, someone who speaks my language!

And then Superman wakes up, screaming like a girl. He looks around, and breathes a sigh of relief. "Thank God, it was only a dream! Who the hell is Batman?" He closes his eyes again, and standing outside his window is a huge Bat-monster with red eyes... The end:word:

I hope there isn't as much destruction as there was in MoS but Snyder's comments don't give me hope.

He said “We almost destroyed the world last time, now what!?’. Which to me says they are gonna try and out do that.
Say goodbye to the moon.

As Joss Whedon said: don't go bigger, cut deeper. Make it a more personal, cerebral story. That's the best way to feature intellectual characters such as Batman and Lex. I am fine with the level of destruction in the first movie because it was an alien invasion/war/disaster movie, this movie should definitely be different.

This.

And then Superman wakes up, screaming like a girl. He looks around, and breathes a sigh of relief. "Thank God, it was only a dream! Who the hell is Batman?" He closes his eyes again, and standing outside his window is a huge Bat-monster with red eyes... The end:word:

That's the alternate ending. The real ending is that there is a space continuum quantum boom tube that leaps this universe into another dimension, and everyone is saved!

Then Batman and Superman have a date with Lois, who brings her friend Diana, and they have a really, really fun time together.

Say goodbye to the moon.

Or Saturn. I mean really, do we honestly need it?

I think that Snyder's "now what" comment actually means that the action will be very different this time around, not that it will necessarily be more destructive.

That's the alternate ending. The real ending is that there is a space continuum quantum boom tube that leaps this universe into another dimension, and everyone is saved!

Makes sense!:up:

Then Batman and Superman have a date with Lois, who brings her friend Diana, and they have a really, really fun time together.

Yeah, we need a montage here. Superman, Batman, Lois and Diana at a carnival, Superman wins a teddy bear, Batman and Diana in a haunted house. Diana is scared, but Batman just smokes his pipe and laughs: "silly woman!". The whole gang eating ice cream together... And it ends with Superman winking at us.

Post-credits scene: Lex Luthor in his laboratory, with bandages and a crutch, cursing Superman and Batman for making him look like a fool. He talks with a professor about Hitler clones, when he suddenly hears a chilling laugh. He turns. It's the Joker, pumped full of Venom, like in Arkham Asylum. He's voiced by Sean Connery: "Caped freaksh terrorizesh. Wait till they get a load of me!"

And that's how you end a superhero movie:word:

I think that Snyder's "now what" comment actually means that the action will be very different this time around, not that it will necessarily be more destructive.

That's what I thought as well. But you never know.

Something on the level of the Iron Man climax

I think the city destructing is done for... BRING ON THE NATURAL DISASTERS!!! Really, a few spectacular sequences where Superman must use his power to both save individuals in the sights of some huge natural phenomenon while also trying to save a greater population of people, all with some insane time limit would be sick as all hell get out!! Now just imagine if, in some way, it's Luthor behind it all? It would be something different from the first film, that's for sure.

You mean like an earthquake in California? Or an earthquake in Metropolis caused by a Kryptonite continent?

You know, this all sounds very familiar.

You mean like an earthquake in California? Or an earthquake in Metropolis caused by a Kryptonite continent?

You know, this all sounds very familiar.

I'm thinking that perhaps, PERHAPS, Lex makes nice with Superman at the start, trying to gauge his level of power, the extent of what he can do, so he teams with him for humanitarian issues like disaster relief and such. Maybe he Luthor tries throwing some monkey wrenches by increasing the degree of difficulty for the Man of Steel? He manipulates certain facts on the ground to hoping Superman fails in some way to make Supes look bad in the public eye?

LUTHOR: "Superman, I'm sorry to bring this to your attention but there's been a massive undersea eartquake in the Pacific. A giant wave is due to hid Maylasia in 40 minutes, according to the early warning system LexCorp put in place around the Ring of Fire. It get's worse... Because of thr recent terrorist attacks in the region the President has sent a significant portion of the Pacific fleet into the area. They are also in the path of the Tsunami. Good luck, friend."

Or somethihng like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"