Can a Modern day world exist and thrive without the Concept of Money??

It's one thing to not care and another to knowingly try and not fulfill your obligations.....from the ages of 8 to 17 I answered the phone almost all the time and lied to creditor after creditor and landlords that my parents weren't home and they were sitting right there....they didn't talk on the phone unless it was a family member....

But junior... didn't anyone ever tell you not to talk to strangers?:huh:

But junior... didn't anyone ever tell you not to talk to strangers?:huh:

Heh...I left home at 18, joined the USN and really haven't looked back....have even lent my mom money on occasion but Im not making those same financial mistakes if I can avoid it.....I save what I can, take the occasional vacation and am thinking about my retirement....

Heh...I left home at 18, joined the USN and really haven't looked back....have even lent my mom money on occasion but Im not making those same financial mistakes if I can avoid it.....I save what I can, take the occasional vacation and am thinking about my retirement....

Why leave? Shame or fear?

I left home a few times. Did what I wanted, came back and forced everyone out - woops.

Last edited:
Why leave? Shame or fear?

I knew I wasn't ready for college, I was an average student and at that point college wasn't even an option because no one could afford it....couldn't even get a loan or financial aid because my parents credit was ****....I needed some structure and discipline and wanted to see the world....

Not everyone gets to live their dream....the world is a hard place....you are not entitled to do what you love, sometimes you have to do what you HAVE to do to survive.

You have again have described the neglect and compensation/overcompensation that society has instilled in you in order to motivate you into doing its 'apparent' needs for it.

While I think a sense of duty is important, so our people's dreams, why not marry them together in order to increase productivity. That may not mean completely working in an area you love all the time but part of the time, while understanding your duty to society in your other field

2 jobs

A duty to society
A duty to yourself
...and you are making it sound like that those of us that want more than everyone else are bad, when that's not true...someone who circumvents the rules to get more than others is bad, but those of us who do our jobs, do them well, and in turn do better are not bad people.
I mean sure, the system is there to be manipulated and allows some to climb but suppresses plenty more in the process.

Does it really believe you can't get get people to motivate themselves rather without buying their labour
I work anywhere from 40-60 hours a week, Im good at my job, and while I might not be the most personable guy at work, people know they can come to me if there is a problem and it will be taken care off....I earn my salary, I earn my bonus....and if I am willing to sacrifice a bit of my personal life now to ensure that I have a better future, I dont see anything wrong with that...
laternm do you believe you are a greedy person or you want more than everyone else?

It seems like from what you said, you are chasing a level of security and financial stability that your folks didn't have which is fine. The problem of it would be if greed made you blur what secure meant, especially when you evolve in life with more responsibilities. you'd never achieve that security you sought for which would make you crave more and more and more. Your obtaining of material wealth would never provide the emotional security you sought as a youngster.

or something along those lines. If you weren't greedy, then you'd be more complacent and live within your means (as long as you could afford to do the things you wanted).

Last edited:
I knew I wasn't ready for college, I was an average student and at that point college wasn't even an option because no one could afford it....couldn't even get a loan or financial aid because my parents credit was ****....I needed some structure and discipline and wanted to see the world....

Yeah, I wasn't a great book student either but I still went for a bit. Wasn't getting what I thought I was paying for so I left.

Tried the whole military thing too but I only planned on two years so thats what I got.

I don't believe I am inherently greedy, but I do want more than what I have now....as for peoples "dreams"....for example we need janitors, we need people to repair our sewers, dispose of trash, and no one dreams of those professions but they are essential....

I don't believe I am inherently greedy, but I do want more than what I have now....as for peoples "dreams"....for example we need janitors, we need people to repair our sewers, dispose of trash, and no one dreams of those professions but they are essential....

If this planet wasn't ******ed we wouldn't need those things. Expanded life span is all it takes.

The truth is... I can do any of those jobs. What I can't deal with is 30 years of doing it knowing I only have 10-20 left when I'm done. Women keep most men doing those things in place but not me. Hence, I have to logically find a reason to do it within myself or I won't last more than two years..

Last edited:
Everyone seems to forget that our civilization existed without money for centuries, and there are cultures today that still live without money!

It's called evolution, we can live by what we think a God is telling us, not create money and live by what we only need, or we can create an easy system so everyone can use it and evolve from stone and mud, to concrete and steel.

We can sit and hallucinate off mushrooms and see spirits, or we can buy, make or trade for material things.

Yeah, I wasn't a great book student either but I still went for a bit. Wasn't getting what I thought I was paying for so I left.

Tried the whole military thing too but I only planned on two years so thats what I got.

did 4 1/2 years in the Navy...took some classes while I was in and when I got out part time while I worked....got my Associates in Communications about a year ago and am taking a bit of a break before I start more classes....

If this planet wasn't ******ed we wouldn't need those things. Expanded life span is all it takes.

Wouldn't need what?? waste disposal and sanitation...because that speaks to health and safety regardless of lifespan....

The reason no one dreams of those jobs is because there's no prestige in them and they don't pay well. They aren't viewed upon in the same light as other aspiration professions even though they are somewhat more essential than most jobs.

that can easily be changed via a re-education of people and society's roles. Also a lot of those skills could be dealt with individually if not for mass consolidation of waste and a lack of willingness to perform certain tasks.

as for wanting more, are you still feeling unfulfilled and do you live to work, or work to live?

Wouldn't need what?? waste disposal and sanitation...because that speaks to health and safety regardless of lifespan....

A 3000 year lifespan would probably include alterations to those things.

i only see an extended lifetime extending the current issues here as we work for even longer periods of our lives instead. It wouldn't disrupt the status quo.

we've probably gained an additional 40 years of life since civilization started but the hierachal system based on commodity value that has governed us hasn't changed at all.

The reason no one dreams of those jobs is because there's no prestige in them and they don't pay well. They aren't viewed upon in the same light as other aspiration professions even though they are somewhat more essential than most jobs.

To be honest with you, I never dreamed of having any type of job. I think it's a little bit weird to want to be one of those characters on Sesame Street or those cartoons they show you in grade school of all the professions. I just do what I want to get what I think I want and avoid what I don't want. Even more, I never much looked up to or idolized or worshiped anyone enough to stick with anything. That, coupled with the women's inability to contain me has kept me free.

Basically - I've taken the bait a few times but still haven't been hooked. Go figure.

Also, why be a profession someone else is doing? That guy is doing it and that's not me.

that can easily be changed via a re-education of people and society's roles. Also a lot of those skills could be dealt with individually if not for mass consolidation of waste and a lack of willingness to perform certain tasks.

as for wanting more, are you still feeling unfulfilled and do you live to work, or work to live?

I work so I can do the things I want to do in my personal time....Ive saved and have been able to go to San Diego for Comic Con for the past 2 summers and paid for the entire trip myself (not packing 4 people into a hotel room like some), have been able to re-furnish my apartment, and am now saving to buy a car.....

i only see an extended lifetime extending the current issues here as we work for even longer periods of our lives instead. It wouldn't disrupt the status quo.

we've probably gained an additional 40 years of life since civilization started but the hierachal system based on commodity value that has governed us hasn't changed at all.

RIGHT! That means, even though it wasn't realized, the genetics for 40 more years of life were always there. WHICH brings us to the obvious question... how much more is there that we don't know about? Perhaps it is 1000 years. How to unlock those paths is the real mystery.

by societies standards, i wouldn't necessarily describe you as greedy via your lifestyle.

It really depends on how anxious or comfortable you feel within your means of income or limitations of either recreational time or activities?

a floater

Quit making excuses for yourself by pointing at your leaders.

I'm no floater because I've always had MY OWN TARGETS AND GOALS determined BY ME FOR ME. A floater has no goals or purpose. I didn't say I didn't have goals - I just don't want to be a cartoon character or a puppet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"