Chris Pine is Steve Trevor

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
I think that's how they played it in the 70s WW TV show.

Would anyone want to see that?

Do you mean as his descendant? They did do that in the TV show - he played his own son in seasons 2 and 3. That's a nice idea actually, a nice little nod to the TV show :up:

Probably not but if they do go down that road I hope they don't make him the same exact character only different name and time. I hope they wouldn't have him be her soul mate again. Maybe he'd be a villain? Just not same character reincarnated or some such nonsense. That would feel cheap and lessen his character in my opinion.

Me after reading this entire thread
giphy.gif

No, please. Let's Steve and his memory remain just that. I can see them using him for flashbacks. Maybe film some extra scenes that would have happened between the scenes we saw in WWI, if they want to do that.

Although, if they do have a decedent of Steve, maybe Chris Evans can play him...

I guess. But, Steve indicated that he wasn’t married and didn’t have a family (children) in Wonder Woman.

I’m open to Chris Pine returning in some capacity, but the story would need to support it. If Dr Psycho is the villain, then he could torment Diana by creating illusions of Steve or by assuming Steve’s form.

Or if Felix Faust is the villain, and Diana has to go to Tartarus or the Elysian Fields to retrieve some magical object for Faust because he’s turned the Amazons to stone or something, then Diana may encounter Steve in the underworld.

But, Steve has been the focus of Diana’s story in three films now - DoJ: Diana wanted the photo, WW: Steve was her partner and in JL: the loss of Steve is why Diana was reluctant to lead the team into battle. I’m kind of over Diana’s story revolving so much around Steve. He was an “above average” guy, but it’s time for Diana to move on.

I figured if they wanted to bring him back. Someone pulled him from the plane the moment before it exploded...Whether he was taken by science or magic. He would then be used as leverage against Diana.

I figured if they wanted to bring him back. Someone pulled him from the plane the moment before it exploded...Whether he was taken by science or magic. He would then be used as leverage against Diana.

I agree. I definitely feel like they gave themselves some room with his apparent demise. There's quite a long gap between the last time we see him and his aircraft exploding. They don't actually show him pull the trigger. I hope he comes back and that someone whipped him out of the plane before the explosion killed him just because I want him and Diana to have that time they both wanted and for her to return his watch (Yes, I'm a total sap)

I agree. I definitely feel like they gave themselves some room with his apparent demise. There's quite a long gap between the last time we see him and his aircraft exploding. They don't actually show him pull the trigger. I hope he comes back and that someone whipped him out of the plane before the explosion killed him just because I want him and Diana to have that time they both wanted and for her to return his watch (Yes, I'm a total sap)

I liked the chemistry between them. It'd be good to see some more of that.

I think undoing his death would be dumb. I think he will come back in flashbacks or some such.

He's not coming back to life in this one unless he dies again at the end of the movie.

The first movie seemed to establish quite clearly that he was dead and had remained dead between 1918 and 2017.

It would be good to see them together again but it would take away from the impact of his death.

I think it would be interesting to see Steve used as a manipulation device via Dr. Psycho.

Being a telepath, he could used Diana's memories against her for his own purposes due to his obsession with her. It would be cool to see them utilized the Captain Wonder storyline from the comics...

I think it’s a bad idea. He’s not alive in present day which means he dies again. It’s just retreading the same ground, even if he’s a clone, son, whatever.

I think it’s a bad idea. He’s not alive in present day which means he dies again. It’s just retreading the same ground, even if he’s a clone, son, whatever.

100% agree. When I saw the mall pic, I rolled my eyes pretty hard. But it's early, so who knows.

How is it retreading the same ground when the movie could be about how Diana failed to save Barbara like she failed to save Steve and whoever brought him "back" is using that against her?
But it's early, so who knows.
No kidding.

Yeah, not loving this personally. But whatever, Jenkins knows what she's doing.

I don't know why everyone believes that's really Steve Trevor. While I know Cheetah is in this, I imagine the whole thing about paranoia also implies deceptions and lies. I find it more likely someone is messing with Diana by impersonating Steve Trevor.

Another way to put this, if Steve was really back, I don't think that'd be the first or second image they'd release. They'd save that for a trailer reveal or the like. This to me reads more like it is meant to disorient audiences, just as how Diana will be in the movie.

I don't know why everyone believes that's really Steve Trevor. While I know Cheetah is in this, I imagine the whole thing about paranoia also implies deceptions and lies. I find it more likely someone is messing with Diana by impersonating Steve Trevor.

Another way to put this, if Steve was really back, I don't think that'd be the first or second image they'd release. They'd save that for a trailer reveal or the like. This to me reads more like it is meant to disorient audiences, just as how Diana will be in the movie.

It's possible they realised they wouldn't be able to hide his presence from the paps so decided to just announce that he's back rather than make all the effort to keep it a secret. Also PJ did make a point of calling him Steve Trevor in her tweet so... I think it IS him.

So either we’re making a trip to the underworld, someone’s playing mind games, or Diana’s losing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"