Chris Pine is Steve Trevor

Discussion in 'Wonder Woman 1984' started by Mondragon, Jan 15, 2018.

1. UncleSam1776 Registered

2. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Chris Pine should've had an early 80s William Shatner wig for the sequel like TJ Hooker and the 80s Star Trek films.

[​IMG]

Why didn't Patty Jenkins think of that since it's set in the 80s? It would've fitted perfectly for the era.

3. MCH Registered

$10 says instead of it being Steve it ends up being Bob from accounting

4. Dufusyte Registered

Since Pine is under contract for a couple more films, the best use of him would have been in flashbacks.

Even the original film had a flashback of him - when WW is holding up the tank and pondering whether to crush Dr. Poison.

WW's relationship with Steve was pivotal in her life; he was the first "outsider" she got to know. So it would make sense that she reflect, from time to time, on him and what she learned from him.

5. Dufusyte Registered

Et voilà.

6. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

We know he's back, that's been a given since early on, but the question is, how, why, and maybe, does he die a second time?

Depending where you place Wonder Woman 1984 in the DCEU, Diana is quite clear in Justice League that she's lost someone she cares for before (presumably Steve). It would really suck for her if she's lost him, or if he's been taken away from her twice.

I'm wondering whether he is in fact not dead at the end of WW84, but rather on Themyscira, where somehow, some way, an immortality aurora has been placed around him (like the other women on Themyscira). Diana states she's lost him because she can't go back to him, rather than because he's been killed ... twice; or maybe she has her memories of him erased somehow at the end of WW84 and will be reunited with him, and her new memories come WW3.

Anyone else care to speculate on the how and why?

7. Kev4000 Registered

Was it intended to make this thread Steve Rogers and not Steve Trevor? I mean, there is not big difference anyway but still.. :)

I have the bad feeling Steve is a trap for Diana somehow, we will see.

Flash525 and Iceman like this.
  8. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Haha. I bet it’s not the first time someone’s made this slip. :D

@Flash525 I’ll change the title for you.

Flash525 likes this.
  9. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Also, merging this with the old thread on this topic. :up:

BTW, I know those of us who read the leaked plot already know what's going on with Steve Trevor, but if you're coming here to talk about it, BE SURE to put what you know in spoiler tags. We won't be lenient about this.

10. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Oh god, now I feel embarrassed. I was watching Winter Soldier last night, that's why I've got myself confused. Hah!

Much obliged!

I don't want to know the plot, nope, but could you (or someone else) answer with a simple yes or no (in spoiler tags) whether Steve is alive again or not? I'd like to know that much.

Iceman and flickchick85 like this.
  11. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yes.

Flash525 likes this.
  12. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

well in the case of Steven Grant Rogers, he is a living legendary hero who fought in WW2, was frozen for 70 years. Woke up in the modern day and lead a team of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.