Who should Wonder Woman's next love interest be for the sequel?

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
For Wonder Woman's next solo outing, which character from the comics should Patty utilize as Wonder Woman's love interest?

There are a few options available, if we go by her mythology from the comics.

TREVOR BARNES

tumblr_inline_ndh35m09zp1sssccq.png

Just from his ethnic background alone would set him apart from most male love interests from comic book films.

THOMAS ANDREW TRESSER (AKA NEMESIS)

Nemesis-Wonder-Woman-DC-Comics-Tresser-h2.jpg

He certainly shares a lot of similarities with Steve Trevor's character when it comes to appearance and his job description. If anything, his character could definitely have Diana comparing him the two.

DC FEMALE CHARACTER

image.jpg

A new Amazon that maybe had a past relationship with Diana? Or perhaps with a villain like Cheetah?

Though I do wonder if Warner Bros would be fully on board with this since there would definitely be some controversy from conservative groups & countries IF they went this route.

BRUCE WAYNE/BATMAN

1f3b1aa1f2412e7a81320d42e1f78de737d6a280dff4fb62642b56b40271adc7.jpg

Probably the least favorite pairing among a lot of the fans on this board, but still, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities.

RESURRECTED OR DESCENDANT OF STEVE TREVOR

16046483_chris-pines-got-an-issue-with-marvel_67e784f7_m.jpg

Given on how many people fell in love with Pine's take on Steve Trevor, along with the chemistry and relationship that was present between Steve and Diana, I don't think a lot of people would cry foul as much IF they did go down some cliche route of bringing Steve back. Course, it may not be as well received if they pulled out a "Sharon Carter" and had Diana fall for one of his identical descendants.

EDIT: Crap, I forgot to put up a poll with this thread. Sorry about that.

For me I would go with someone who turns out to be a descendant of Steve Trevor's now that is the way to go...have Diana fall for one of his descendants either a grandson or great-grandson or a nephew or great-nephew

Steve & Diana chemistry reminds me a lot of Tony & Pepper from the first Iron Man. I went into WW showing and didn't expect much and to my delight, Steve & Diana are now my fav pairing.;

So yes, I'd love to see Chris Pine make his return through a different character because their chemistry really sold it...

Barbara Minerva. Or if not, then some other female DC character.

Honestly, I would rather keep her single for just the next film. If the whole Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter situation is of any indication, it might be next to impossible to establish a relationship with Wonder Woman with another person so soon after how so many people opened up to Gal's chemistry with Pine.

If it is another male character, then there will be so many comparisons made that might ultimately prevent some people from giving the new guy a chance to be accepted.

And if it's a female character, then there's bound to be some controversy that will arise from that and I would rather prefer that they avoid some controversery until after JL 2 comes out.lol

It's an interesting question. I don't really have a strong pre-conceived preference and basically trust Jenkins and Johns to make the right call in crafting the script for the sequel.

My guess is that Diana will probably stay single for the next movie, as I think there will be a ton of other material to handle. I see no need to have romance be the focus again right away.

It was important in the first movie, as the basic idea of a love story during war has a timeless quality, and Diana needed it to be part of her discovery of mankind. Something inspiring to balance the horrors of war.

But the second movie won't need to recreate that. There will be a bunch of new characters, and probably some potential relationships in the mix, or romantic tension of some kind.

I don't really expect another love story right away, though. It could be that the main relationship of the sequel will be more of a sister relationship or friendship between two women, maybe with Barbara Minerva/Cheetah, if they go that route.

Last edited:
Eh the issue with Steve Rogers post-Peggy isn't that people won't buy it. It's that they have the awkward "dating his WWII LI's niece" thing, and they've spent very little time establishing it across two films anyway.

Eh the issue with Steve Rogers post-Peggy isn't that people won't buy it. It's that they have the awkward "dating his WWII LI's niece" thing, and they've spent very little time establishing it across two films anyway.

For the record, I'm not a fan of the lead character getting involved with a former love interest's descendant, or anything similar.

It just feels implausible and bizarre, and takes the focus away from where it should be: making the new relationship compelling in its own right.

Something completely new would be better, eventually, maybe in the third movie. Of course there should be some references to Steve, memories, and so on. But I don't think we need descendants who become lovers.

Barbara Minerva.

It's time. It's time for an openly gay (well, bisexual / pan sexual) major hero. It's time that a comic book villain actually had a meaningful and interesting connection to their hero. And, most importantly, it could make for a compelling and emotional storyline which doesn't necessarily have "end of the world" stakes, but is incredibly important for Diana as a person and as a hero.

If not Barbara Minerva, then maybe Kate Kane. Otherwise, Diana can remain single for the time being. Maybe introduce Trevor Barnes or Tom Tresser in a supporting role and have him idolise Diana, but keep it one sided for now.

I've had a similar thought. Make Barbara Minerva a love interest for Diana. Would make her turn into the Cheetah all the more tragic.

If they wanted Diana as a lesbian, bisexual or whatever term the world has created as of late, they should've established that in the first film. There wasn't even a hint at the Amazons being in relationships, so the tone as been set and embraced by the public.

I understand that people want to see everything in the real world reflected in media but I think they stand the risk of alienating a large audience that don't want to see WW liplocked with another woman (even if straight men flood the theaters). And like someone else mentioned, I'm not in the mood for controversy around a character that took forever to get to the big screen to begin with.

I'm sure a future director will take the character their sooner or later but I prefer Diana straight...

That being said, I'd love to see her and Bats give it a go...

If they wanted Diana as a lesbian, bisexual or whatever term the world has created as of late, they should've established that in the first film. There wasn't even a hint at the Amazons being in relationships, so the tone as been set and embraced by the public.

I understand that people want to see everything in the real world reflected in media but I think they stand the risk of alienating a large audience that don't want to see WW liplocked with another woman (even if straight men flood the theaters). And like someone else mentioned, I'm not in the mood for controversy around a character that took forever to get to the big screen to begin with.

I'm sure a future director will take the character their sooner or later but I prefer Diana straight...

Amazing...I never thought I'd see it for myself outside of Facebook comments and bad internet reviews.

I wonder what's canon...

Last edited:

You must have missed the talk about the 12 volumes of pleasure. The ones that shows men are essential for procreation, not pleasure. Unless you think they needed 12 volumes on self-pleasure, which is an interesting idea I guess. :funny:

It's possible that they will pull a "Skyfall" route by having it teased in this film (like they did with James Bond) that Diana has been involved with other women...perhaps creating that tension with her and Cheetah, while still sticking her with a male love interest just to make everyone happy.lol

Honestly, I would rather keep her single for just the next film. If the whole Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter situation is of any indication, it might be next to impossible to establish a relationship with Wonder Woman with another person so soon after how so many people opened up to Gal's chemistry with Pine.

Tbh, if the Steve Rogers situation showed anything it is waiting too long makes it even worse.

Then Nemesis has to be the best option

I don't actually have a preference except to stay the hell away from the ******** that is Wonder-Bats.

If it is another male character, then there will be so many comparisons made that might ultimately prevent some people from giving the new guy a chance to be accepted.

And if it's a female character, then there's bound to be some controversy that will arise from that and I would rather prefer that they avoid some controversery until after JL 2 comes out.lol
Agreed, I’d prefer her to be single in the next film after such a strong relationship in the first film.

Get Kate McKinnon to play the love interest

As long as it's not Bruce or Clark... it'd make things a lot more interesting if it was a woman though, wouldn't it?

trevor barnes would be nice we havent ever really got an interracial love story in a super hero film especially if they choose to set it in the civil rights era of the 50-60's since in the comics he is an activist it could be very relevant in our current times

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"