Can I watch TV on my computer using my..

[A]

Avenger
Reaction score
..GeFORCE 7200GS? If so, tell me how :o

Keep in mind I don't know much* about hardware and all that, so.. try easy words :woot:

Thanks in advance for any reply :up: :up:

*read nothing

Go get this thing called an S Video cable. It looks similar to a "cable" cable but just a bit different. Now ya plug this thing into your computer and the other end into either a VCR or a DVD or a modulator. Some newer TV's have 'em sometimes. Anywho this should link up your computer and your TV.

You might have to go to your Monitor Settings and mirror the feed from your computer to your new monitor.

Also if ya want audio you'll prolly have to get a Y Adapter. Its a wire that connects your computer via your headphone jack on your computer into your VCR / DVD / Modulator / TV via the red and white RCA jacks.

Easy enough?

:thing: :doom: :thing:

But I don't have a tv :o See, there's this guy in the house I live in who can watch tv in his computer, and he doesn't have a tv either--he ask for a cable extension (sp?) and that's it, he plugs it in and watch television

Oh. I thought you were going the other way. Lemme think.

Hmmm. You're gonna need the exact opposite of what I just said.

:D

If you're on Vista then the new Media Center might help. If you're on XP there used to be some old box that would take a coaxil cable and then you could just watch the feed.

Ask the dude in your building what the box and/or cable is.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

I'm on Vista

And I'm gonna ask somewhere else, cos I can't stand that bum :hehe:

Thanks for the tips :up: :up:

..GeFORCE 7200GS? If so, tell me how :o

Keep in mind I don't know much* about hardware and all that, so.. try easy words :woot:

Thanks in advance for any reply :up: :up:

*read nothing

Yes, and No. The card will help you out graphically, but you will need to buy a TV Tuner card. Hauppauge is a large name brand and are decent. This will allow your PC to use RG-6 cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"