can't find the "book" thread, so...

Mr. Credible

jukebox hero
Reaction score
so yeah, i can't find the book thread, the search function is being a terrorist, so, would someone help a poor confused guy out and explain to me:

the ending of the book 'glamorama', by bret easton ellis?

i know someone here's read it, it's supposedly a fairly popular book, and i really did enjoy it, up until the end. i don't get it. was he hallucinating the whole thing? was it real? what was up with the flies and confetti and his foot always falling asleep? argh! for such a well reviewed book, the ending was just, blah. everything else was great, but the ending... blah.

i spent a few weeks reading this book i thought was going to turn out great, and maybe i'm asking too much of the book, but geez... it's like, the book just ended with no explaination whatsoever, and it kind of pisses me off.

even the endings of american psycho and less than zero were kind of left open, but still to a point where you could understand what was going on... or at least think you did.

anyways, feel free to merge this with the book thread, where ever it may be.

thanks in advance.

I that the book, that was going to have Patrick Bateman in it. In some compacity?

Sorry I can't answer you question. Just wondering.

I that the book, that was going to have Patrick Bateman in it. In some compacity?

Sorry I can't answer you question. Just wondering.

i'm not going to lie, i don't fully understand what you just wrote... but i'll assume you asked whether or not patrick bateman was in the book... and he was, in a cameo. nothing important, but a fun little appearance none the less.

the only Ellis books I've read are American Psycho and Rules Of Attraction...just never got around to Glammorama...or Less Than Zero for that matter...

less than zero is my favorite so far... i've read it 4 or 5 times... glamorama is my least favorite of his books so far.... not to say it was bad, but the ending was pretty terrible, in my opinion.

I really enjoyed rules of attraction, even more so than AP, which surprised me seeing as that's what got me into Ellis in the first place...I love that Sean Bateman is actually just as bad a person, if not worse in some ways, than Patrick, without even killing a single person

I enjoyed both movies (Rules of Attraction and American Psycho) and am interested in the books, but havn't gotten around to actually forking over American currency for them.

they're both great books (rules of attraction is a little better, in my opinion, the thing that makes the american psycho book so great is imagining bale delivering all those lines)

but, um... no one here has read glamorama? no one can help me out? bummer.

they're both great books (rules of attraction is a little better, in my opinion, the thing that makes the american psycho book so great is imagining bale delivering all those lines)

but, um... no one here has read glamorama? no one can help me out? bummer.

Wikipedia, my man.

i don't really capitalize anything. get over it. it isn't important.

Don't you mean: I don't really capitalize anything, get over it, it isn't important.

Those aren't sentences, those are sentence fragments.

Don't you mean: I don't really capitalize anything, get over it, it isn't important.

And I think you're wrong. "It isn't important." That's a sentence. Just like -"Money isn't important." - is a sentence.

Actually, "Get over it." and "It isn't important." are sentences. :dry:

And I think you're wrong. "It isn't important." That's a sentence. Just like -"Money isn't important." - is a sentence.

If all I say is " It isn't important" that's okay to leave as a sentance.
You had more to say than that.:cwink:

Not sure what you're trying to say, but you're still wrong. :cwink:

no, those are sentences. get over your little grammar complex. you're apparently not smart.

you've got to love it when some *****e is trying to bash you based on your grammar, than spells sentence as "sentance".

i think that's called: irony.

Alright, you've ripped him apart in three consecutive parts. I think you've made your point.

Alright, you've ripped him apart in three consecutive parts. I think you've made your point.

thanks, i know. but i hate people trying to act "big and bad" or whatev over the internet, especially when they are guilty of the same thing they're ripping on someone for (more or less).

anyways... what's up with the ending of this book? i couldn't find anything on google or wikipedia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"