The Dark Knight Capes and Cowls - New Batsuit Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they changed the suit.
The cowl just looks awkward in TDK mainly because the eye openings stretches away from his eyes. Didn't look like it in BB. I'm guessing maybe because Bale's face got more thinner for TDK.

Batman Begins:
bb.jpg

The Dark Knight
tdk.jpg

Notice how the eyes are wider on the BB cowl in TDK?

Batman Begins:
bb.jpg

The Dark Knight
tdk.jpg

Notice how the eyes are wider on the BB cowl in TDK?

There's nothing different about the suit. His head is turned more toward camera in the BB pic than in the TDK pic which explains why the eyes look a tad different. It's all about perspective.

And lighting. Lighting is what made the BB suit looks different the most, I think. And I have to agree with who ever said Bale was skinnier.

Everytime I see pictures of that suit I realize how much better he looked in it!
beginsis1.jpg

There's nothing different about the suit. His head is turned more toward camera in the BB pic than in the TDK pic which explains why the eyes look a tad different. It's all about perspective.

And lighting. Lighting is what made the BB suit looks different the most, I think. And I have to agree with who ever said Bale was skinnier.

Not even. Like I said, a better example is when Batman is in the bank vault with Gordon but I can't seem to find a pic of that anywhere so I had to settle with that one. I'll just have to wait for the DVD to come out so I can screenshot it. Angle and lighting isn't the problem, the eye slits really are too wide.

i don't know about you guys, but something just looked different about the BB cowl in TDK...

Agreed well in the vault scene only imo. The other scene was just badass. Batman should be all about looking huge, i dont care if it means he can't turn his neck, the point is not how he hits someone but how hard.

Anyone who has a problem with the new batsuit seriously needs to check this pic out . Because this shot of batman shows just how awesome this new suit rocks .

2mct5de.jpg

Anyone who has a problem with the new batsuit seriously needs to check this pic out . Because this shot of batman shows just how awesome this new suit rocks .

2mct5de.jpg

:wow::wow::wow: LEGEND. If the head wasn't cut off, it would've become my avvy, but you're totally right. :brucebat:

the eyes make him look like a grey, but they're better than the lenses he had in tdk. if you're going to give him white eyes (and i hope they do) you either have to cgi it like storm or give him white contacts.

batman_sideshot.jpg

This side shot of the cowl as well as the one from the nightclub with Maroni are my favorite shots of the TDK cowl .

Batman and Robin is on TV right now and i am just watching it for the ICE puns. Hehe.
But i admit that i like the suits. Maybe not the blue colour of the batsuit, or the nipples, but i like the cape. It matches the material of the rest of the suit while this doesnt happen in the Nolan movies (still love the Nolan cape).

I also noticed that the suits barely creased and you'd have to watch closely to notice. I dont know how the did that. My guess is that the BB suit was a lot more puffy and bulky than those and that aggrevated the problem. In any case, those are some pretty good suits.

And i just noticed
Lionel Luthor in this. Lol.

Pulling up yet another old thread (woo!) but I'm listening to an hour-long podcast interview with Wally Pfister, TDK's cinematographer, and he had some words about the new batsuit.

Apparently Chris was very proud at how the new batsuit came out, and especially how the details hold up in the bright light of the interrogation scene.

The matte black came from noting how stealth planes are all matte black, not shiny. Pfister and the interviewer had some hearty laughs over observing that in earlier Batman films, Batman's suit was shiny and why the heck would you want a shiny black suit if you don't want people to see you? :funny: The main point for designing and shooting something a particular way is to heighten credibility to the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"