• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

captain america 22 previews

hippy fascist

Avenger
Reaction score
01_CAPA022.jpg

02_CAPA022.jpg

03_CAPA022.jpg

04_CAPA022.jpg

05_CAPA022.jpg

06_CAPA022.jpg

THE STORY:
CIVIL WAR TIE-IN!
The first of a 3-part Civil War tie-in by Ed Brubaker and Mike Perkins!
While Cap has fallen into the conflict of the Civil War, in a clash with his government and his friends, the people close to him have suffered in their own ways. In Part One of “The Drums of War” we take a look inside S.H.I.E.L.D., and how Cap’s girlfriend Agent 13’s life is torn apart as her divided loyalties are used against her by her superiors. Also, a new villain emerges, and the Red Skull begins to make himself known...
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

PRICE: 2.99
IN STORES: 2006-09-27

Looks good, we haven't actually seen much of what shield is up to in this conflict so far so this is definately one for the buy pile :up:

I'm hoping Cap is like his oldself and not Millar's badass from the bronx version.

Wow, Hill is both a ***** and predictable.

Red X said:
I'm hoping Cap is like his oldself and not Millar's badass from the bronx version.

I swear to God I can't tell the difference between 616 Cap and Ultimate Cap anymore thanks to Millar. I'm glad I don't have to see his version of the real Thor. Probably turn him into a David Icke fanatic who's considered crazy.

Oh, and the preview is droll. We're wasting yet another bevy of trees trying to explain why Cap is anti-reg, which is what should have been done way back at the beginning of Civil War. "He does not take kindly to being shot at"? For a while Cap had to run around without a shield or an identity thanks to the government, but even then he was patriotic. It's like we're now ignoring every past event.

Actually this issue's focus is on the Cap/Sharon relationship, not explaining his position.

Darthphere said:
Actually this issue's focus is on the Cap/Sharon relationship, not explaining his position.

I know, it's just that I find the filler examples are sort of belittling. It's as if we don't know there's this massive mega-crossover Marvel's holding. I know it's about how 13 will play her part in CW through her interaction with Cap, but they could tone down the 'justification' aspect a notch.

Red X said:

That's my fav.:yay:

GNR4Life said:
That's my fav.:yay:

Meh. I always found him to be the typical Millar American-jerk hero. "Do you think this letter on my head stands for France?!" got quite the rise out of me, though.

This is gonna sound dumb but my first reaction to these pages, (besides pity for Sharon and Cap,) was "Tony Stark banged 15 women who were SHIELD liasons?!? What's his friggin total anyway? How does he find the TIME for all this between the Ironman suit, being a billionaire inventor, and having to sleep and all?" Ok I have a dirty mind, I'll admit it.

LadyMoira said:
Ok I have a dirty mind, I'll admit it.

THANK YOU!:cmad: It's time you admitted it and stopped blaming other people for your foibles!!!!!:p:D

Hey I'm happy to admit it all times...but I do think SOME people are more responsible than others for leading my head to bad corners...:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"