Captain America 4 - Which Cap? Which Villains?

Shoppy

Civilian
Reaction score
Considering there's both Bucky and Falcon able to pick up the shield if required and still stay true to the comics, and that the "Big Three" are all at the end of their contracts, I'd say a fourth Captain America movie is the most likely continuation of the Phase One titles other than more Avengers movies.

So which Cap? Bucky or Falcon?
And which villains would You expect to see?

My bet would be Bucky Cap with Falcon sidekick and the villains being the return of Crossbones alongside Sin, plus Doctor Faustus and the resurrection of the Red Skull in some form.

I would like Falcon to take on the mantle but not opposed at all to Bucky either, but without a doubt I want them working together because Stan and Mackie have fantastic chemistry.

For villain, without a doubt I want Red Skull to return. By the way, you mentioned Crossbones. How would he work exactly? He's straight up dead, no?

I personally would like to see Bucky take up the mantle, sorry Sam but that metal arm and shield combo is just too cool a look. Agree though that Sam should feature also as a sidekick.

I would like to see Bucky go up against Dr Faustus. Think this character would work even better on Bucky than it would on Steve in the MCU because Rodgers is biggest boy scout's in the MCU, there is always little to no doubt that he is going to do the right thing.

Bucky on the other hand has lived on the dark side we've seen him do terrible things under Hydra control so having Faustus pull on Bucky's strings would feel like it has more at stake. (because I think that most can't picture Rodgers being pushed mentally to a breaking point while you can with Bucky.) Combine that with the fact that you have Bucky trying to be a different hero as he's taken up the Cap mantle, which you have him begin to realise over the course of the film that its more than just a shield and a costume its a symbol so he cant operate how he used just firing guns wildly as it would tarnish Steve's memory.

Red Skull is one you can save for me for a while, especially after Infinity War if they do bring him back I would like for him to have discovered how to tap in to the power of the stones of have some new powers after being away so long.

I mean how cool does that look.

I would just not do it. Let Captain America ride off into the sunset with Chris Evans. If he lives, he can appear in other things, but no Cap 4 unless Evans wants to.

Captain Britain. :o

No, but all jokes aside, I'm of the opinion that neither Sam nor Bucky (especially the latter) would be good replacements for Steve. Sam is a goofball and Bucky is a moody ex-assassin who just wants to be left in peace. They would be Captain America in name only.

I'd go with Bucky and bring in a proper Zola. It was Zola that experimented on Bucky so they could resolve that.

Bucky, without a doubt. Like, how awesome would that be?

I mean how cool does that look.

Hmm, it does look cool, but Bucky would be much better suited without that helmet, and with a proper beard. Just noting.

Bucky, without a doubt. Like, how awesome would that be?

Hmm, it does look cool, but Bucky would be much better suited without that helmet, and with a proper beard. Just noting.

Meh. I was never into Bucky Cap. For me, he was like New Coke. There is a reason Coca-Cola Classic came back.

Bucky for sure. I think Bucky would have a more interesting arc than Falcon. Bucky can use the captain america mantle to redeem himself.

Bucky for sure. I think Bucky would have a more interesting arc than Falcon. Bucky can use the captain america mantle to redeem himself.

Agreed. Bucky has the better redemption story - and assuming that
Steve either dies or travels back in time, but is essentially gone for good
he will feel the need to redeem himself.

Also, Bucky would probably be better suited to using the shield. Having said all that I could certainly live with Sam taking on the mantle - it's just that they seem more logical as a team, with Falcon maintaining his own identity.

As for villains, a revived Red Skull would be top of my list - the quintessential Captain America villain.

Agreed. Bucky has the better redemption story - and assuming that
Steve either dies or travels back in time, but is essentially gone for good
he will feel the need to redeem himself.

Also, Bucky would probably be better suited to using the shield. Having said all that I could certainly live with Sam taking on the mantle - it's just that they seem more logical as a team, with Falcon maintaining his own identity.

As for villains, a revived Red Skull would be top of my list - the quintessential Captain America villain.

And Marvel already hinted at it in a deleted civil war scene...I wonder why they deleted it :D

If Evans comes back I could see a movie with Cap in the title. If not and they continue Bucky and Falcon's stories I could see them not calling it Captain America 4 but rather White Wolf or The Falcon or Sam and Bucky go to Hollywood etc.

Falcon and Bucky are likely getting a Disney+ Series as a duo. They hired writers for it.

I would just not do it. Let Captain America ride off into the sunset with Chris Evans. If he lives, he can appear in other things, but no Cap 4 unless Evans wants to.
Preach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"