• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Captain America: Brave New World - News & Speculation Thread

I must've missed when this happened, but one of the scoopers, CanWeGetSomeToast, is looking to be toast after apparently leaking some material related to Brave New World.

Yea some of us we're talking about it on the misc board yesterday. This is MyTimeToShineHello's alt account.

In a way that should narrow down who he's playing but I still got nothing. His latest comments say we won't be able to guess who it is, so it's not anyone like Doom, Magneto, Xavier, etc...But yeah I dunno lol any obscure Cap or Hulk characters?

Brave New World was filmed in 2023 before the Hollywood work stoppage forced the production to go on pause. During that time, Marvel Studios execs determined that the project needed a major overhaul and brought writer Matthew Orton on board to assemble a script for reshoots. It would seem that Esposito‘s character, who appears as an antagonistic agent of chaos in the film, was added by Orton.

Hoping for the best but Christ Alive the making of this movie has been an absolute train wreck. Marvel's got to get a grip on how they manage their productions.

Esposito's character created for the film? :hmm:

He said he will be in the movies and there will be a Disney+ series. I am starting to think he might be Norman Osborn. The Disney+ series being Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man where he would be voicing Norman in this scenario.

He said he will be in the movies and there will be a Disney+ series. I am starting to think he might be Norman Osborn. The Disney+ series being Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man where he would be voicing Norman in this scenario.
Huh, that actually would be an interesting pick. Though I'd be curious to see how'd that work with the whole Sony/Marvel deal. Which slightly going off topic for a bit, I'm actually kind of surprised there's been no formal announcement of whatever their current deal is with Sony. The last deal was for 1 solo movie (NWH) and 1 guest appearence (which hasn't been utlized yet). Given we know Marvel Studios is working on a 4th Spidey movie and have been pretty open about it, it's a bid odd.

Huh, that actually would be an interesting pick. Though I'd be curious to see how'd that work with the whole Sony/Marvel deal. Which slightly going off topic for a bit, I'm actually kind of surprised there's been no formal announcement of whatever their current deal is with Sony. The last deal was for 1 solo movie (NWH) and 1 guest appearence (which hasn't been utlized yet). Given we know Marvel Studios is working on a 4th movie and have been pretty open about it, it's a bid odd.
I also am not sure how it would work within the Sony deal, but it's best guess I got based on clues. Though a name on the Spider-Man train I would toss out I think he would be perfect for: Roderick Kinglsey!

I also am not sure how it would work within the Sony deal, but it's best guess I got based on clues. Though a name on the Spider-Man train I would toss out I think he would be perfect for: Roderick Kinglsey!
That would be a really cool choice as well, especially if they are still not wanting to repeat villains or story beats from the previous movies. Hobgoblin hasn't been really utilized all that often in the last 20 years, so it would be great to see him in the movies.

Maybe as part of their new deal, either Marvel or Sony are wanting to utilize more than Spidey appearing in other MCU movies.

That would be a really cool choice as well, especially if they are still not wanting to repeat villains or story beats from the previous movies. Hobgoblin hasn't been really utilized all that often in the last 20 years, so it would be great to see him in the movies.

Maybe as part of their new deal, either Marvel or Sony are wanting to utilize more than Spidey appearing in other MCU movies.
It could be one contributing reason it took so long for them to really get started on it

Hoping for the best but Christ Alive the making of this movie has been an absolute train wreck. Marvel's got to get a grip on how they manage their productions.
It sounds like a mess.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets worse reviews than the Marvels, and on par with Quantumania/Eternals.

I'm now seeing people on reddit speculate Giancarlo could be playing Nick Fury's brother Jake Fury aka Scorpio.

Last edited:
Apparently Atlanta Filming has been making various Instagram posts about Giancarlo's mystery role, in one of the posts someone commented asking if he was Paladin. Shortly after that comment, he made another post saying 1 person correctly guessed who he's playing. If that's correct, it lines up with the some of the reports that he's a mercenary. If he's gonna be involved in a tv show as well, I could see him being a reoccuring character that pops up in various situations. He's also fought Daredevil, so could see him popping up in season 2 of that show.

As for why this character? Given that he's not technically a villain and has both fought with and against superheroes on different occasions, I could see Giancarlo being interested in a character like that. Still it's a crazy random and left field choice if true.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"