Captain America: Brave New World - News & Speculation Thread

I'm really rooting for this, the Cap trilogy is probably my favorite, but pretty much everything we've heard thus far is troubling. You can obviously cobble together a decent movie out of a messy production so I'd like to be cautiously optimistic and wait until we at least see a trailer, but it's not looking good currrently.

Eh. I'm not interested in a Captain America movie without Steve Rogers. Don't they already have enough characters headlining solo movies for the neXt 4 years?
Well Sam is Captain America now because Steve passed the torch and in Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Sam gave that huge speech and seeing the costume upgrade, he is Cap. Walker is not Cap. He is US Agent. Just like Bucky is not Cap, he's the White Wolf. Like Steve would say, we all have to find a way to move on.

At this point, I just hope critics like it enough to get a Fresh rating.

MCU was known for its winning streak especially with critics. So the 1, 2, 3 punch of Eternals, Quantumania and Secret Invasion in a short time of period was bad. It also doesn't help that Love/Thunder and The Marvels are few points away from a Rotten rating. Though I agree that none of those were great, I just see a lot of unnecessary gloating in the internet (especially Twitter) whenever critics don't like a MCU film.

Why would Sam not want to bring back The Avengers?

View attachment 87054

I need to see this clip.

Besides the guy who's gonna be Falcon 2.0, what heroes in the MCU would even listen to Sam being their team leader?

They really wasted a whole show on him preaching cringe nonsense instead of showing how he can be just as good of a leader as Steve was.

The fact that this is being directed by the guy who did Cloverfield Paradox gives me very little confidence.

The Russos weren’t big directors either when they did TWS but I could see they had talent from their Community episodes

I’m still not sold with Sam as the New Captain America, nothing has yet given me the stamp of approval to him merit welding the shield.

The footage sounds cool. I'm rooting for this but its the MCU film I'm most concerned about.

Apparently in the footage at Cinema Con, they acknowledge the Ross recasting and mustache loss in a line the movie (sorta similar to the Rhodey recasting in IM2). Linking video, it's at the 7 minute mark but basically him shaving was a PR move to help his with image to win the election.

I forgot the mustache was recast too. :o

Apparently in the footage at Cinema Con, they acklowdge the Ross recasting and mustache loss in a line the movie (sorta similar to the Rhodey recasting in IM2). Linking video, it's at the 7 minute mark but but basically him shaving was a PR move to help his with image to win the election.
The mustache will be back in the post credits scene like Marky Mark's in Uncharted. :o

Cowards!

qeiagi7dx3x31.jpg

Besides the guy who's gonna be Falcon 2.0, what heroes in the MCU would even listen to Sam being their team leader?

They really wasted a whole show on him preaching cringe nonsense instead of showing how he can be just as good of a leader as Steve was.
America's ass is wrinkled and sagged and turned into Joe Biden! :argh:

Apparently in the footage at Cinema Con, they acknowledge the Ross recasting and mustache loss in a line the movie (sorta similar to the Rhodey recasting in IM2). Linking video, it's at the 7 minute mark but basically him shaving was a PR move to help his with image to win the election.

It's so clear that the film adjusted to Harrison Ford's look, though. Similarly to The Matrix Resurrections and Keanu Reeves.

If he didn't want to have a mustache they should have CGIed one and hit DC back where it hurts. :o

It's so clear that the film adjusted to Harrison Ford's look, though. Similarly to The Matrix Resurrections and Keanu Reeves.

If he didn't want to have a mustache they should have CGIed one and hit DC back where it hurts. :o
That's ridiculous it's like digitally removing one or something. :o

Aside from Eternals, Black Widow the movie, Armor Wars and Thunderbolts*, they shouldn't have moved forward with a Sam Wilson led movie, which is essentially a Captain America legacy movie, and just focused on the reboot of Fantastic 4, Blade and the X-Men; and 2quel or 3quel for Ant-Man, Strange, BP, Capt. Marvel and Shang.

February is still like 10 months away and who knows if watching Marvel movies in the cinemas in demand again by that time, but I would be surprised if this somehow performs Really well (boX office, reviews, public reception). This feels like another 1 and done movie in the already long list of upcoming MCU films.

Their Multiverse Saga line up looks so all over the place, compare to the Infinity Saga.

Aside from Eternals, Black Widow the movie, Armor Wars and Thunderbolts*, they shouldn't have moved forward with a Sam Wilson led movie, which is essentially a Captain America legacy movie, and just focused on the reboot of Fantastic 4, Blade and the X-Men; and 2quel or 3quel for Ant-Man, Strange, BP, Capt. Marvel and Shang.
Dunno what's the point of repeating this over and over. It's happening, so whether it should have or not is moot. At this point, let's just hope it's good.

Last edited:
Of course he has no moustache
Ahhh….mediocre!

Of course he has no moustache
Ahhh….mediocre!
Honestly they got him to wear more than his street clothes.

I love Ford, but he hasn't put in 100% since Force Awakens. And even that was the first time in 10+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"