Cars trailer 2

man reminds me of the old disney cartoon

dam i forgot that name

I would usually be psyched for a new Pixar movie, but the story in this one just doesn´t click with me for some reason, I dunno, the premise doesn´t seem to me as interesting as The Incredibles or Monsters Inc or Toy Story.

Pixar Guy 1: So we need to make a new movie and of course there will have to be good marketing!

Pixar Guy 2: Well we already did a movie about Toys, one about fish, monsters, bugs and one about superheroes. What haven't we covered in the market yet?

Pixar Guy 1: It has to be something that kids will make their parents buy.

Pixar Guy 2: How about a story where a kids clothing comes to life?

Pixar Guy 1: A movie about clothing?! And what could we sell? Shirt action figures?

Pixar Guy 2: Fine... Then how about a movie about coloring books?

Pixar Guy 1: What are you ******ed? Why do you work here? We're making a movie about cars. Kids love toy cars and the marketing possibilities are endless. And that's that.

Pixar Guy 2: Fine, then the next one will be about coloring books.

I honestly don't know what else they can do a movie about. The secret life of inanimate objects and animals has been done to death.

Trailer 2 wasn't bad. But I think it has too many shots from previous trailers.

I am looking forward to it, because I know that Pixar&Disney have enough good animation movies.

I know I will like this one pixar hasn't let me down.

terry78 said:
I honestly don't know what else they can do a movie about. The secret life of inanimate objects and animals has been done to death.

The market's pretty saturated right now, that's for damned sure. But stories about anthropomorphized animals and objects is a tride and true storytelling tradition, going back hundreds of years. Aesop's fables, anyone?

This particular Cars trailer was the most conventional/typical one yet. Way too similar to any run of the mill romantic comedy in setup/structure. Bleah.

patrickbateman said:
man reminds me of the old disney cartoon

dam i forgot that name

The one where the young guy buys the car and the car's all happy until it starts to break down and its put in the dump, then years later some guy finds him and fixes him up? I love that one.

Anyways, Pixar hasn't let me down yet, their movies have been consistently good so I really don't see any reason to doubt them at this point.

Can't wait!

WallCrawl said:
The market's pretty saturated right now, that's for damned sure. But stories about anthropomorphized animals and objects is a tride and true storytelling tradition, going back hundreds of years. Aesop's fables, anyone?

How can a market of many hundred movies be 'saturated' by half a dozen of a type of movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"