Cary Fukunaga's 'The Alienist'

I was finally able to binge it yesterday. OMG this show is AMAZING!!!!

I'm on episode 9 and hope to finish everything by tonight.

For those who read the book, why did John Beecham not return to his apartment? And how did Sara know to find Kreizler and John at the reservoir?

For those who read the book, why did John Beecham not return to his apartment? And how did Sara know to find Kreizler and John at the reservoir?

I thought it had something to do with the map?

I hope there's a second season.

I thought it was the map, too. It's been too long since I read the book.

The brothers are so interesting. They deserve their very own spin-off.

I really liked this season, though felt the last 2 episodes tailed off.

I need a sequel where Sarah is given Roosevelt's job. :funny:

Another awesome series on netflix....... Holy cow. Watched the 1st few episodes. :hmr:

The production value and attention to detail to this series is awesome. Its like the sherlock holmes movie by robert downey jr.

Recommend highly to everyone.

It's greatness continues the entire way through as you will no doubt discover. :)

Finally finished this series.

Its is good.......though i was a little disappointed with the finale.

a)explanation why the killer killed all those kids ?
b)Why does the killer's face seem to move....
c)Why didn't the character played by daniel bruehl want to go alone with luke evans to capture the killer ?

The production values of this serial is damn good. Apart from that.....i will only classify it as an above average show.

a)explanation why the killer killed all those kids ?
b)Why does the killer's face seem to move....
c)Why didn't the character played by daniel bruehl want to go alone with luke evans to capture the killer ?

a : because of the abuses he suffered as a child he became a sociopath.
b : he had a facial nerve issue.
c : not sure about the question ...

a : because of the abuses he suffered as a child he became a sociopath.
b : he had a facial nerve issue.
c : not sure about the question ...

Thanks for a&b.

As for c, i was wondering why the 2 main characters wanted to go and face the killer on their own (without getting help from the loads of cops who were patrolling another place).

Kreisler wanted to catch the killer himself, he was a bit obsessed by the case and wanted answers.

I figured that he was worried that the presence of a bunch of cops was going to scare off the killer. Regardless, it's pretty dumb, as are the suppositions and actions of many people in the show.

TNT orders The Angel of Darkness limited series follow-up to The Alienist

Great news, Alienist fans! TNT has officially greenlit The Angel of Darkness, a new limited series based on the sequel to bestselling author Caleb Carr’s The Alienist. The lead cast, including Daniel Brühl (Rush), Luke Evans (The Girl on the Train), and Dakota Fanning (American Pastoral) will return in an all-new storyline.

An unflinching, gripping, turn-of-the-century murder mystery amidst the underbelly of New York City’s “Gilded Age,” The Alienist followed Dr. Laszlo Kreizler (Brühl), a brilliant and obsessive “alienist” in the controversial new field of treating mental pathologies. In the first series, Kreizler was relentless in his pursuit of a never-before-seen ritualistic killer murdering young boys. He was joined by newspaper illustrator John Moore (Evans) and Sara Howard (Fanning), an ambitious secretary determined to become the city’s first female police detective.

Not bad series. But I get the feel it could have being better. I felt climax to the story wasnt the best along with portrait of serial killer in short period of time what we saw him at the end. After Mindhunter series I have new bar for it.

But overall I liked settings, characters, casting even directing in most of episodes. And 10 episodes certainly passed quickly because of that. Hope next season is even better.

so far I'm liking it

The two part premiere was great and I'm glad to see that this show has still maintained its edge when it comes to how vile and despicable the killer(s) are . Just when I thought the first season couldn't be topped so far this season seems like it could be even more disturbing which its supposed to be.

Last edited:
I liked the first two episodes as well. I found myself wishing I could binge all of this at once during season 1, so it was nice to get two episodes back to back. I like that Sara is getting a ton of focus as well.

I lol'd at Roose Bolton being the doctor though. Yep...nothing shady there. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"