Cary Fukunaga's 'The Alienist'

Another strong episode. I liked the contrast between how Keiser interacts with Mary and Cyrus versus how he treats John and Sara. He really has a nasty streak at times.

Speaking of John, watching him fall off the wagon was painful. I really don't know how he's going to escape Connor this time.

I wonder if they are trying to say Kriezler has Aspergers or some other form of social awkwardness.

Mary :csad:

I'm a little confused on the Issacson sideplot now. Is that baby supposed to be Marcus' or is this entire thing because he's having an affair with someone with a child out of wedlock? I'm genuinely confused. I've forgotten all of their scenes.

I've lost track of that myself. :p I'm more interested in crime solving.

Well, safe to say I did not see that ending coming! On the plus side, I'm glad John and Kreisler made up. Kreisler's really gonna need John now.

The whole business about the Drury(?) family being suspected of being murdered by Indians was pretty weird, though. They lived in upstate New York, right? So where did the locals think the Indians came from? Were they supposed to have traveled all the way from Minnesota just to kill some minister? And no one saw them?

I think Jepeth killed his family, making it look like indians had done it. Then he killed Beecham and stole his identity before enlisting in the army.

I think Jepeth killed his family, making it look like indians had done it. Then he killed Beecham and stole his identity before enlisting in the army.

This.

I also get what BestGirl is saying, there's some gullible people in that town, apparently. :funny:

Yeah, I know what *really* happened, I'm just trying to figure out what the authorities *believe* happened. An Indian attack in upstate New York in the late 19th century should have triggered panic and confusion, but no one seems the slightest bit curious about where they came from, why they attacked this particular family, and whether they would strike again.

I guess because the family had prior ties to indians it was less surpring perhaps?

Yeah, I know what *really* happened, I'm just trying to figure out what the authorities *believe* happened. An Indian attack in upstate New York in the late 19th century should have triggered panic and confusion, but no one seems the slightest bit curious about where they came from, why they attacked this particular family, and whether they would strike again.

There's probably a bit of denial in play. Those people did something awful back West and this is their comeuppance. Then no one else has to think about actual killers wandering around.

Tonight's episode was great. Though if I were Sara I would've had Roosevelt on the phone the minute Marcus pulled out that jar of eyes. :funny:

You know, I hadn't thought of that. Why haven't they brought the regular police in on this? They know Beecham isn't related to one of the 400. The cops shouldn't be covering for him.

This episode was really good. The part with the kids at the pool at the end really had me at the edge of my seat.

You know, I hadn't thought of that. Why haven't they brought the regular police in on this? They know Beecham isn't related to one of the 400. The cops shouldn't be covering for him.

This episode was really good. The part with the kids at the pool at the end really had me at the edge of my seat.

They seem to think the Isaacsons' are police enough. :funny: It won't make sense to me if they don't clue Roosevelt in on this right away.

I was really annoyed with the kids reaction at the end of the last episode. Instead of running away the same way you just came in you stop half way and go in a stall and start breathing hysterically so you could be found out. Really? That's not a smart move by a kid that has had to survive on the streets on his wits his whole life. Just dumb writing. And the fact these idiots keep doing things without any real backup keeps annoying me as well. It's turning in to the Scooby Doo mysteries. Hello Roosevelt is your ally. Otherwise, I love the show.

I know, right? If he had just run all the way he probably would have gotten out and be safe.

Did he do that in the books too? That's awful storytelling. That kid should've bolted out the front door.

I think so. I recall he put himself in harm's way even though he had been warned.

John better adopt this kid by the end of it because this is so much work. :funny:

Awesome finale. I hope Roosevelt gave Sara a promotion. :funny:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Fanning and Bruhl were both really good in that scene where they are talking about their fathers.

But, I also think it's kind of amusing how a few weeks ago Roosevelt told Sara her father wouldn't like hearing her "talk like that" when she said the word "sex" but was all like "lol your dad would be proud of you killing this dude."

What?

I think it's one think to not act "ladylike" in that time and then there's being brave enough to defend oneself.

And defend your friends. He admires her courage. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"