Cast Black Cat

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by batboy99, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

she is alil on the small side, though, they can always just give her some extra padding, (they did it for Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen, she’s pretty flat too) and other then her size in that area, she fit the role pretty good, 5'9", blue eyes,(thought, marvel bios said green eyes) somewhat athletic build, (and she showed off some nice fighting moves in the bullet proof monk)

and on the issue of the white hair, umm, I know in the cartoon she was able to transform and change her hair color, and grew stronger
    but, if they go the non powered route, I guess probably just have her wear a wig (to look different) dying it, would make it hard for her to switch between Felicia, and blackcat
    or maybe the other way around, have her dye it white, and wear a blonde wig as Felicia (as the blackcat a wig would be harder to keep on straight while jumping around and fighting)

2. jim_root_rules oom im a woc

isn't she just normal blonde when she isn't in the blk cat costume:huh:

3. Neptune Uchiha

4. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

oops i thought u were talking about the gargner pics,my bad
    also i havent watched the animated series in along time,i dont know if i remember this correctly but in the cartoon,doesnt her hair change white when she put on the mask?

5. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

yes, and no, the mask has nothing to do with her power, she can just change when she wants to, (I think) in the cartoon that is
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

7. NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

I could see King as her. Good manip and casting. :)

8. drmick Registered

I think female superheoes are difficult to cast.

Perhaps an unknown wold be better (not unlike how the Lost producers got Evangeline Lilly).

9. Miguel Registered

I agree with drmick when it comes to casting in general, unknown or underrated actors/actresses are definitely a plus.

I think with Black Cat, it'd have to be someone who walks that line between 'pretty, but too soft-looking' and 'tough, but too pronounced' and combines both. Someone like Ali Larter definitely looks like she can hold her own and would beat you up, but she doesn't give off that 'subtle' and in-control vibe.. on the other end Jaime King just looks straight-up like the Nice Cat. There's just this roughness that needs to be there, but there's a different "tough" quality to Ali Larter's acting from someone like Eliza Dushku's tough girl act.

If they did write-in Felicia, Dushku is the closest to the right mold.. I don't think they will though, after having gone down the road of Gwen in the movie taking the role of romantic distraction. If they were to, someone less known could be just right for Cat, but as I said, there's a certain kind of presence needed for that.

10. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

just curious,
    have you ever seen her in anything or are you just basing that on her pics, cause she kick some a$$ in bulletproof monk
    [​IMG]

and her character int sin city was pretty bad a$$ too
    [​IMG]

just saying

11. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

im still for ali but king would be kick ass

12. Catman Registered

Dude, we'll give her super powers! It wouldn't be the first time filmmakers took liberties with adaptations.