• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cast the Marvel Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrett Hedlund for Danny Rand/Iron Fist:

2utq3jb.jpg

^ I totally see Rand in this pic. :up:

Jessica Lucas for Misty Knight:

1zmcbiu.jpg

I hear Garret Hedlund was a popular pick, but Charlie Hunnam or Cam Gigandet are stronger choices if you wanna save the hassle of paying for martial arts lessons. Hedlund would be excellent for Nova, seeing as he's got the height down, and he's still young enough (26 years old) to play a teen. Hey, Michael Steger's a 30-year-old playing a high school student in 90210.

Sydney Tamiia Poitier for Misty Knight, IMO. To me, she has the height down as well as the attitude, judging from Grindhouse.

In case anyone missed out, what do you people think of my picks?

Post #2049

Neve Campbell as Aurora
Denzel Washington as Bishop
Jessica Stroup as Finesse
Christian Campbell as Northstar
Jessica Lowdnes as Scorpion (Camilla Black)

Post #2050

Jon Foo as Daken
Alyson Michalka as Dazzler
Serinda Swan as Persuasion
Ian Somerholder as Pete Wisdom
Ashanti as Spider-*****

Last edited:
Spider-Man: Logan Lerman
Iron Man: Robert Downey Jr.
War Machine: Terrence Howard
Hulk: Edward Norton
Mr. Fantastic: Joseph Fiennes
The Invisible Woman: Rachel McAdams
Johnny Storm: Chris Pine
The Thing: Jeffrey Dean Morgan (As Ben when he's a human, and as The Thing's voice.)
Captain America: Sam Worthington
Bucky Barnes: James McAvoy
Daredevil: Jim Sturgess

More to come soon.
Thoughts?

Sam Worthington CANNOT play Captain America. He can't mask his accent for ****.

Why would he mask his accent for ****?

I agree with you by the way, I just want to know the answer.

You're probably joking, especially considering your location, but Worthington has an Australian accent.

No, I meant that it was a strange turn of phrase thats all.

Why would anyone do something for ****?

Has no one even bothered to see the recent cast I posted? Who gives a crap about Sam Worthington's accent?

Captain America doesnt have an Australian accent, he's American

I'm gonna cast the Starjammers

Corsair - Michael Trucco

Trucco1.jpg

(He has the look, the height, and leadership skills learned from Battlestar Galactica.)

Hepzibah - Jolene Blalock

82328.jpg

(Like Michael Trucco, she has the height and look, and has played her share of alien characters.)

Ch'od - Keith David (voice)

mc44.jpg

(I see the voice of Arbiter from Halo 3 bringing the benevolent reptilian alien to life.)

Raza - Jason Isaacs

the-state-within-20070215060804870.jpg

(Picture his performance as Captain Hook in Peter Pan, but in the shoes of a hero.)

Binary - Laura Prepon

Laura-Prepon.jpg

(5'10", great shape, perfect breasts, and talented. I'd love to see her back in movies.)

Professor X - Patrick Stewart

600full-patrick-stewart.jpg

(No problem with his performance, let alone Brian Singer's movie universe, besides X-Men: Fist Ass. Hope they move on to X-Men 4 and bring him back.)

Lilandra - Claudia Black

claudia-black-1.jpg

(Talented sci-fi actress who'd fit inside that sexy constume.)

Havoc - Scott Porter

scott-porter-prom-night-movie-release-party-at-tao-nightclub-arrivals-1aZjMp.jpg

(Fun Fact: Havoc is one of comic fanboy Scott's favorite characters. He even looks like him, is of the right height, and would be believable as a brother to James Marsden.)

Polaris - Emilie Ullerup

CAT-RANT-Emilie-Ullerup.jpg

(Fan favorite.)

Marvel Girl - Evan Rachel Wood

evan-rachel-wood-pic.jpg

(The right height, the looks, and talent.)

Last edited:
(Starjammers cont'd)

Korvus - Jared Padalecki

jared_padalecki_house_of_wax_red_carpet.jpg

(Jared stands at 6'4", and is ripped. Grow his facial hair out and he'll look like Korvus.)

Keeyah - Connor Trinneer

ConnorTrinneer4.jpg

(Another Star Trek vet. He'd fit well in this sci-fi universe.)

D'Ken - Matthew Goode

matthew_goode_2306447.jpg

(Picture Ozymandias with facial hair.)

Vulcan - Shawn Roberts

shawn_roberts.jpg

(His performance as Albert Wesker in Resident Evil: Afterlife was pretty good, but under sharper direction, he'd excel when playing the third Summers bro.)

Deathbird - Zoe Bell

439399581_d0f0f5063e.jpg

(Uma Thurman's stuntwoman caught the acting bug; she knows martial arts, she has a sexy scowl, and is of Deathbird's height.)

Gladiator - Sasha Roiz

sasha-roiz.jpg

(Sasha stands at 6'4", and he has the menacing presence. I might wanna watch Caprica to see what his deal is.)

Last edited:
Captain America doesnt have an Australian accent, he's American

I'm not saying Captain America has an Australian accent. Nor am I saying that Sam Worthington should play Captain America. I am merely saying that it's a weird phrase "doing something for ****" that gets used so often.

For example:

* Halle Berry can't act for ****
* Ben Affleck can't direct for ****

Would would Ben Affleck wake up in the morning and say "sure, I'll direct the next Superman film but only for 15 bags of ****"?

I'm not saying Captain America has an Australian accent. Nor am I saying that Sam Worthington should play Captain America. I am merely saying that it's a weird phrase "doing something for ****" that gets used so often.

For example:

Would would Ben Affleck wake up in the morning and say "sure, I'll direct the next Superman film but only for 15 bags of ****"?

We have tons and tons of sayings that don't really make any sense. It's best if you just not ask questions :p

For example:

I was talking to MarvelComix

Not sure about Trucco and Isaacs, but everyone else looks great. Strangely, with Corsair I'd go older, and with Raza I'd go a bit younger. Luke Goss would be my pick for the latter. But maybe you know the SJs better than me. And nice move picking 2 down-under actresses for Lilandra and Deathbird.

Not sure about Trucco and Isaacs, but everyone else looks great. Strangely, with Corsair I'd go older, and with Raza I'd go a bit younger. Luke Goss would be my pick for the latter. But maybe you know the SJs better than me. And nice move picking 2 down-under actresses for Lilandra and Deathbird.

Well, unless I know better, Corsair probably travels to a certain period in time to possibly interact with Cyclops.

Jason Isaacs is 47 years of age, the perfect height, and he played a pirate in Peter Pan. Complete with a larger-than-life performance. I don't think he's THAT old to play the character.

I'm gonna cast members of the X-Force, with the film distributed by Marvel Studios.

James Marsden as Cyclops

200px-Scott_Summers_%28Earth-10005%29.jpg

(Nothing wrong with James as Cyke. They need to go ahead with part 4 and revive the sonuva*****.)

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine

James_Howlett_%28Earth-10005%29_018.jpg

(Same with James Marsden as Cyclops, no problem.)

Derek Mears as Caliban

derek-mears-photo.jpg

(Paint him white, and he'll look just like Caliban.)

Jolene Blalock as Hepzibah

82328.jpg

(See my Starjammers cast.)

200812221501.jpg

(Both Spears brothers would play the Proudstars, with Eddie playing the youngest.)

Karen Gillan as Wolfsbane

article-0-08B957C7000005DC-87_468x701.jpg

(Scottish actresses at 5'2" are hard to find. But the Doctor Who ginger will work just fine.)

Megan Fox as X-23

jennifers_body1.jpg

(The above shot from Jennifer's Body screams X-23. Megan needs an intellectual role instead of riding the coattails of her sexuality. I hate to see her go the Tara Reid route. Then again, I'm a more compassionate mother****er than everyone here.)

Ben Foster as Archangel

Warren_Worthington_III_%28Earth-10005%29.jpg

(Ben's growing as an actor. Hopefully they'll do another X-Men and he can get the chance for his character to become the Archangel.)

Mark L. Young as Elixir

11326418_tml.jpg

(Looks just like the character.)

Rhona Mitra as Domino

rhona-mitra-picture-5.jpg

(Are we casting Charlize Theron because Aeon Flux looks like Domino? I dunno, I see Rhona Mitra as Domino. And she's the same age as Ryan Reynolds.)

X-Force, continued

Scott Caan as Vanisher

caan.jpg

(Same height, cocky, and muscular. You couldn't ask for a better choice.)

Stephen Lang as Cable

(Compare this shot from Avatar with the Cable artwork from Marvel vs. Capcom, and you'll see similarities.)

David Gallagher as Cypher

david-gallagher.jpg

(I hear he's a good actor. He voiced Riku in Kingdom Hearts. And someone on Comicbookmovie suggested him as Cypher.)

Stephanie Jacobsen as Psylocke

1348L.jpg

(Australian, shmaustralian. She has the look.)

Tom Hardy as Fantomex

tomhardy071106_243x359.jpg

(He is of the same height, knows martial arts, and can act. Watch Inception if you haven't.)

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool

Wade_Wilson_%28Earth-10005%29_0002.jpg

(**** or get off the pot, Ryan. Everyone wants you as Deadpool. Don't let some Johnny-come-lately take it from you.)

I would have to go with Shannon Sossamon for Domino. And I thought Ben Foster sucked it hard as Angel. He was a winy emo when Warren is a billionaire playboy. That being said, I think Foster is amazing when he's playing a bad guy so maybe he would well as Archangel. And on second thought, maybe it was the writing/directing in X3 that made him suck and not so much his acting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"