• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cast the Marvel Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he mask his accent for ****?

I agree with you by the way, I just want to know the answer.

Lol, well, I don't literally mean he does it for ****, he just couldn't do it to save his life.

You could ALWAYS hear the Australian in his voice.

Janet Montgomery for Rogue!

janet_montgomery.jpg

Perfect timing for the release of Black Swan. While Janet's British, THAT DIDN'T STOP AUSSIE RYAN KWANTEN FROM PLAYING A SOUTHERN BOY IN TRUE BLOOD!!!

Hey, Optimus, how would you feel doing a cast for the comic arc Chaos War?

Perfect timing for the release of Black Swan. While Janet's British, THAT DIDN'T STOP AUSSIE RYAN KWANTEN FROM PLAYING A SOUTHERN BOY IN TRUE BLOOD!!!

Hey, Optimus, how would you feel doing a cast for the comic arc Chaos War?

Agreed. Plus, last night's episode of Human Target demonstrated her southern accent.

Gimme a list of Chaos War characters when the arc's finished, then we'll talk. OK?:yay:

Agreed. Plus, last night's episode of Human Target demonstrated her southern accent.

Gimme a list of Chaos War characters when the arc's finished, then we'll talk. OK?:yay:

Oh, wait, the arc's still going on? ****.

Okay, well, how about Seige? The one where Norman Osborn and the Dark Avengers lay waste to Asgard. Do you need characters for me to list?

Sure, give me a list, RoadDogXXIV!

Well, this is tough, because I haven't read it to know all the characters. There's so many, so I'll give you the teams and minor characters involved that were involved.

Avengers: The Initiative
Ben Urich
Cabal
Dark Avengers
Force of Nature
Loki
Mighty Avengers
New Avengers
Norman Osborn
Psionex
Secret Warriors
Taskmaster
Thunderbolts
U-Foes
Woman Warriors
Young Avengers

Here are the websites if you need to find the characters:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Siege_of_Asgard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_%28comics%29

Let me know if any help is needed. If you're still befuddled, I'll give you something smaller to work with.

Can you give me something small to work with?

This might be a bit too much for me.

Now, on the other hand, I've been thinking of an ideal actor to portray Cyclops.

Someone who can act and do action scenes.

What do you think of Jake Gyllenhaal?

147.jpg

Jake Gyllenaal as Cyclops, huh? I don't know if we're rebooting Bryan Singer's X-Men franchise just yet, but if we come down that road, we need someone taller. Like Jared Padalecki, even though he's my choice for Korvus in Starjammers.

Okay, you want something smaller? How about, Nextwave.

Nextwave.JPG

Monica Rambeau
Tabitha Smith
Aaron Stack
Elsa Bloodstone
The Captain
Dirk Anger
Devil Dinosaur

Jake Gyllenaal as Cyclops, huh? I don't know if we're rebooting Bryan Singer's X-Men franchise just yet, but if we come down that road, we need someone taller. Like Jared Padalecki, even though he's my choice for Korvus in Starjammers.

Okay, you want something smaller? How about, Nextwave.

Nextwave.JPG

Monica Rambeau
Tabitha Smith
Aaron Stack
Elsa Bloodstone
The Captain
Dirk Anger
Devil Dinosaur

I checked the internet, Jake's only 2 inches off. Nothing a pair of 2-inch elevator shoes can't fix. I know the X-Men franchise won't be rebooted (sadly). I'm just dream-casting the X-Men if they were filming right now.

I'm not familiar with Nextwave. I've got another idea!

Wait a couple of minutes.

I checked the internet, Jake's only 2 inches off. Nothing a pair of 2-inch elevator shoes can't fix. I know the X-Men franchise won't be rebooted (sadly). I'm just dream-casting the X-Men if they were filming right now.

I'm not familiar with Nextwave. I've got another idea!

Wait a couple of minutes.

Well Jake Gyllenhaal is 6', according to IMDB. So, three inches off, you mean. But okay...

In regards to Nextwave, here's the information from Comicvine: Nextwave is a group of minor Marvel Superheroes. The comic was intended to be a comedy with a sloppy plot. Nextwave was created by H.A.T.E (Highest Anti-Terrorism Effort). They are used to fight against "Unusual Weapons of Mass Destruction." Nextwave usually battles H.A.T.E's main enemy, S.I.L.E.N.T. which is a terrorist organization.

Boom-Boom, one of the X-Men, was one of the mutants who didn't lose her powers during M-Day. When she worked for Nextwave, she lost all her military and black-ops training and, in exchange, became obsessed with celebrity gossip. AnnaLynne McCord would be perfect for the role; her performance in 90210 would make a perfect blueprint for playing Tabitha Smith (or was Boom-Boom comic relief already).

Good luck with this fan cast you got coming up.

Last edited:
HEROES FOR HIRE (NEW ROSTER):

MISTY KNIGHT = ROSARIO DAWSON

RENTMoviePremiereZiegfeld257-vi.jpg

IRON FIST = CHARLIE HUNNAM

a50947c0-9aff-4265-b398-7e21fc4bcadf.jpg

PALADIN = PAUL WALKER

paul_walker.jpg

MOON KNIGHT = LEONARDO DICAPRIO

leonardo-dicaprio-20070312-224813.jpg

BLACK WIDOW (NATALIA ROMANOVA) = EVA GREEN

240617535_YRkVm-M.jpg

SILVER SABLE = OLGA KURYLENKO

olga-kurylenko.jpg

GHOST RIDER (JOHNNY BLAZE) = JOSH HOLLOWAY

josh-holloway-as-sawyer.jpg

FALCON = MEHCAD BROOKS

mechad-brooks-300x400.jpg

ELEKTRA = RHONA MITRA

Kit.jpg

PUNISHER = MARK WAHLBERG

7maxpayne01.jpg

HEROES FOR HIRE (NEW ROSTER):

MISTY KNIGHT = ROSARIO DAWSON

RENTMoviePremiereZiegfeld257-vi.jpg

IRON FIST = CHARLIE HUNNAM

a50947c0-9aff-4265-b398-7e21fc4bcadf.jpg

PALADIN = PAUL WALKER

paul_walker.jpg

MOON KNIGHT = LEONARDO DICAPRIO

leonardo-dicaprio-20070312-224813.jpg

BLACK WIDOW (NATALIA ROMANOVA) = EVA GREEN

240617535_YRkVm-M.jpg

SILVER SABLE = OLGA KURYLENKO

olga-kurylenko.jpg

GHOST RIDER (JOHNNY BLAZE) = JOSH HOLLOWAY

josh-holloway-as-sawyer.jpg

FALCON = MEHCAD BROOKS

mechad-brooks-300x400.jpg

ELEKTRA = RHONA MITRA

Kit.jpg

PUNISHER = MARK WAHLBERG

7maxpayne01.jpg

Ah, a Heroes for Hire movie? You know, I wish you would've stayed within the current Marvel movie universe with Scarjo as Black Widow, but Eva Green is an interesting choice (actresses not from America tend to do better with accents).

Misty Knight is black, last I heard. I thought Sydney Tamiia Poitier was a popular choice. Rosario would be good for... Lyja.

Yes, Charlie Hunnam for Iron Fist. My choice as well!

Is Moon Knight to lesser known for Leo DiCaprio. I have two choices: Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Goran Visnjic.

Hmm, I dunno about Olga Kurylenko as SS. But if the hair is just silver rather than blonde, then that's all right. Olga's my choice for Tania Belinskya, the Red Guardian.

Not a bad choice for Ghost Rider.

I've got the same choice for Falcon myself. Brooks and Chris Evans (Cap America) are nearly the same age

Here's a good choice for Elektra: Stana Katic. She speaks Greek, is 5'9", and knows martial arts. Rhona's too tiny; she's my choice for Domino.

Wow, nice shot of Mark Wahlberg there. He screams Punisher. I thought of Johnny Messner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I've got another challenge. How about casting Avengers Academy:

Ant-Man
Wasp
Quicksilver
Tigra
Speedball
Reptil
Finesse
Hazmat
Veil
Mettle
Striker

In case you don't know, during the Dark Reign arc, Norman Osborn recruited young people with powers in order to make them the next generation of superheroes under his control. After his reign ended, members of the Avengers took over as faculty staff.

Last edited:
I can only do the faculty.

AVENGERS ACADEMY

ANT-MAN (ERIC O'GRADY) = JAMES RODAY

james-roday-822424l-poza.jpg

WASP (HANK PYM) = SIMON BAKER

simon-baker-picture1.jpg

QUICKSILVER = CILLIAN MURPHY

Cillian-Murphy_300.jpg

TIGRA = RACHEL NICHOLS

rachel-nichols-pic.jpg

SPEEDBALL = KYLE GALLNER

Kyle%20Gallner.jpg

Agreed about Donald Glover, add James Earl Jones as Norman and awesomeness awaits.

Agreed about Donald Glover, add James Earl Jones as Norman and awesomeness awaits.
Or James Earl Jones as Uncle Ben, imagine Jones playing the fatherly Uncle Ben speaking words of Wisdom to Peter,
"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility."

Hey, Optimus, you can choose between two comic book arcs to work with:

Astonishing X-Men
and Marvel 2099.

I can do Astonishing X-Men.

CYCLOPS = JAKE GYLLENHAAL

jakesosad013008.jpg

EMMA FROST = ALICE EVE

659A60EC5B80B0E5D24B3F9FB433EC.jpg

KITTY PRYDE = NINA DOBREV

nina-dobrev-gallery.png

WOLVERINE = SCOTT CAAN

22700680.jpg

COLOSSUS = CORY MONTIETH

Cory-Monteith-taylor-boyfriend.jpg

BEAST = JOSHUA JACKSON

2843590_cb2d7397-8335-4fd3-84b9-a4fa6d6b4552-1joshuajackson.jpg

Last edited:
Jake G. as Cyclops... I don't know if he'd do it.

I don't know if lightning's gonna strike twice for Alice if they reboot the X-Men franchise. Then again, I'm for Alexis Denisof as Mister Fantastic, and he did an audition, right?

There's something up with this Nina Dobrev chick. There are times where she hides her boobs. :hehe: Anyway, seeing as she's a Latina... maybe she could play Tarantula for a Heroes for Hire movie. Even though she's young.

:nono: No to Scott Caan. He doesn't have the voice. He's the perfect height for Vanisher, though.

Regarding Colossus, there's not alot of Russian beefcakes under 30. I guess take what you're given.

Joshua Jackson, hear me out, would be the best choice for Walter Langowski in an Alpha Flight movie. He has the height of Walter before becoming Sasquatch, and he plays brainy (you're right there). We need a deep-voiced actor to play Beast, and I think the gang is right when the only man who can do it is Jon Hamm.

Great job. Now, what say you do a fancast for Squadron Supreme?

MarvelComix85, I'm not gonna change my actors, even if you don't like it.

P.S.: Nina Dobrev is Bulgarian, not Latina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"