• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Cast the Marvel Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Optimus, I would love to see an X-Men 4. I know people are pissed at how 20th Century Fox is manhandling X-Men: First Class, but maybe we should find a way to convince Marvel to get the rights back, and we can move on to adapting Age of Apocalypse, something with the Marauders, X-Force, X-Factor, or anything where the X-Men can team up with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. (like in X-Men Legends II).

I'll cast some X-Men universe characters that haven't been cast yet.

Boom-Boom - AnnaLynne McCord

300.mccord.annalynne.lc.060409.jpg

(Her bubbly personality would be perfect during Boom-Boom's days on the Nextwave Squad.)

Copycat - Marisa Miller

marisa_miller_055.jpg

(I had to look for someone who was over 6' tall like Copycat. Hey, Rebecca Romijn was a supermodel who played a supervillain.)

Dazzler - Alyson Michalka

alyson-michalka-aly-400a080207.jpg

(Beautiful up-and-comer who used to be a singer and is a bigger star than her sister Amanda. She's very good in Hellcats and starred in Emma Stone's first #1 smash hit Easy A. Also the same height as Dazzler.)

Guardian - Nathan Fillion

86388.jpg

(Hails from Canada, same height as James, and always good at playing leaders; Serenity, anyone?)

Marrow - Kate Nauta

Weekly+Hot+Hollywood+Arrivals+kmqd9dePafxl.jpg

(She kicks ass as displayed in Transporter 2, and looks like the character.)

Mercury - Renee Olstead

reneeolstead3.jpg

(I'm going by looks here. But Renee does have the body, and she's talented from what I've heard through the grapevine.)

Mister Sinister - Joseph Fiennes

098aecfa3b1e42d3f112342279aeca3e5.gif

(I don't know if he plays villains, but he's Ralph Fiennes' equally talented sibling. And he has the face of Nathaniel Essex.)

Nocturne - Helena Mattsson

Helena+Mattsson+hair.jpg

(Swedes sound like Germans, what's the difference. And Helena has the proper frame and look. Just splash blue paint all over her.)

Puck - Jordan Prentice

6th+Annual+Loaded+LAFTAS+2008+aXEKmaedtoXl.jpg

(He's a dwarf from Canada. What more evidence do you need?)

Weasel - Jay Baruchel

Jay-Baruchel11.jpg

(Jay's #1 at playing hapless schmoes.)

Last edited:
I also think Jay Baruchel would make an awesome Weasel!

Just imagine his interaction with Ryan Reynolds!

Height really isn't as important as you make it out to be. They can make the shortest person look 7 feet tall.

Ok. Just checking.

BTW, I need help! I need suggestions for Polaris.

Last edited:
Heroes

Moon Knight - Cillian Murphy
Iron Fist -
Garrett Hedlund
Luke Cage -
Anthony Mackie

Daredevil -
Michael C. Hall
Elektra -
Stana Katic

Punisher -
Jon Hamm

Misty Knight -
Rosario Dawson
Hercules -
Joe Mantagiello
Namor -
Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Black Bolt -
Eric Bana
Sharon Carter - Michelle Monaghan
She-Hulk - Hilary Swank
Sentry -
Alexander Skarsgard
Nova -
Mathew Bomer
Black Panther -
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Mr. Fantastic - Lee Pace
Dr. Strange - Adrian Brody
Hank Pym -
Simon Baker
Janet Pym
- Olivia Wilde

Foggy Nelson -
Shawn Astin

Villains

Kingpin - Chi McBride
Bullseye -
Jeffery Donovan
Dr. Doom - Rufus Sewell
Norman Osborn - Gary Sinise
Jigsaw - Garret Dillahunt

Taskmaster - Stephen Moyer
Ares - Gerard Butler

also loving the Nathan Fillion as Guardian suggestion

Last edited:
Wizard's Spider-Man April Fool's Prank
Wizard posted a fake movie poster with a fake movie cast.

spideymovie-500x742.jpg

Their cast, as mentioned on the movie poster at the bottom

James Cameron asDirector

Leonardo DiCaprio as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
leonardodicapriospiderman.jpg

Nikki Cox as MJ
nikkicoxasmj.jpg

Kevin Spacey as, I would imagine, Green Goblin
kevin-spacey-2.jpg

Bill Paxton as (who knows)
billpaxton.jpg

Robert Guillaume
robertguillaumebwcrop.jpg

Michael Douglas as J. Jonah Jameson
michael-douglasjameson.jpg

Katherine Hepburn as Aunt May
KatharineHepburnasAuntMay.jpg

Hey, Steve Holt, I'm gonna take a look at your cast and give you my opinions.

"Moon Knight - Cillian Murphy"
Marvel's Wiki page lists Moon Knight at 6'2" I won't judge, because I know I cast Johnny Depp as Doctor Strange (this is RoadDogXXIV, in case no one knows). But I'd go with either Jeffrey Dean Morgan (unless he's ran the CBM gamut long enough) or Goran Visnjic.

"
Iron Fist - Garrett Hedlund"
I just caught him doing martial arts moves in Tron Legacy this past weekend. Not a bad choice, but I'm going with Charlie Hunnam, seeing as he's a fan favorite. Hedlund, in my mind, is the perfect Nova.

"
Luke Cage - Anthony Mackie"
Are you serious? Isn't this guy under 6'? I'd go with either Michael Jai White or Henry Simmons, the latter tips the scale at 6'4"

"
Daredevil - Michael C. Hall"
I'm not against the choice, because I just started watching Dexter, and I've been pretty impressed. But would he be good at martial arts. To save some budget, I would go with Matt Damon, someone who was gonna play Daredevil in the recent 2003 film, considering he knows martial arts from the Jason Bourne franchise. But Hall would be my next choice if all else fails.

"
Elektra - Stana Katic"
4/4

"
Punisher - Jon Hamm"
Hamm has the height, but not a ripped build. Jon Hamm would be the go-to guy for either Blazing Skull or Beast (if Kelsey Grammer doesn't return to the X-Men movie franchise).

"Misty Knight - Rosario Dawson"
Misty Knight isn't Latina by any stretch of the imagination. What about Sydney Tamiia Poitier. She's the exact height of Mercedes.

"Hercules - Joe Mantagiello"
Pretty good choice.

"Namor - Jonathan Rhys Meyers"
Namor stands at 6'2", and John seems too pretty to play the character. I think it's Eric Bana in my mind, since his character in Star Trek has some characteristics of the Sub-Mariner.

"Black Bolt - Eric Bana"
Maybe.

"Sharon Carter - Michelle Monaghan"
You may be right in some aspects. Emma Stone has her hair dyed blonde for the upcoming Spider-Man movie, and we're obviously looking for someone that looks like Hayley Atwell. I like Maggie Grace, since I saw her working guns in Faster.

"She-Hulk - Hilary Swank"
No comment. You're probably on the money. My choice would be Jennifer Carpenter, because she has a spunky personality and a great body built for ripping heads open. Then again, Hillary (though my choice for Maria Hill) has fighting experience on her belt (Million Dollar Baby, hello!).

"Sentry - Alexander Skarsgard"
He has the look, and I've once considered him. I'd love to see him play Ka-Zar if he can develop a British accent.

"Nova - Mathew Bomer"
I think Nova's supposed to be a teen when he starts out, right? Or are we going for an older Nova?"

"
Black Panther - Chiwetel Ejiofor"
I hear that choice being thrown out there on Comicbookmovie.com. I'd go for that, maybe.

"
Mr. Fantastic - Lee Pace"
I'm starting to get into this choice in some respect. What about Alexis Denisoff? He has the right height and can play intelligent characters.

"
Dr. Strange - Adrian Brody"
I think he considered playing the character at one point this year, then switched to Mister Fantastic and, ultimately, Ant-Man.

"
Hank Pym - Simon Baker"
Hmm, maybe. He is a popular choice for the character.

"
Janet Pym - Olivia Wilde"
Seems like TANKGIRL's rubbing off on you. My choice would be Morena Baccarin (who was considered a choice by Marvel) or Alison Brie (perfect height, perfect body, perfect personality).

"
Foggy Nelson - Shawn Astin"
Too tiny IMO. I'm going with Seth McFarlane, considering he can be a great actor when he voices Brian on Family Guy.

"
Kingpin - Chi McBride"
If they're doing a reboot, I doubt they'll make a black version of Kingpin.

"
Bullseye - Jeffery Donovan"
Nah, he doesn't strike me as a psycho. He's my pick for Agent Rick Mason (the right height, and knows martial arts). To me, it's Jude Law.

"
Dr. Doom - Rufus Sewell"
Eh, the actor who plays Doctor Doom has to be roughly the same age as Lee Pace, your choice for Mister Fantastic. Rufus would make a great Baron Mordo, since he looks precisely like the character.

"
Norman Osborn - Gary Sinise"
Another 4/4 choice.
Also my choice.

"
Jigsaw - Garret Dillahunt"
I've watched him in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and all I can see him as is one of the robot characters in the Marvel universe. Vision or Ultron.

"
Taskmaster - Stephen Moyer"
Not bad, not bad. But if he can learn some fighting techniques and obtain a solid American dialect (though the upcoming Priest has that covered), then a
4/4 in my book. CBM's Josh Wilding has Wentworth Miller as Taskmaster when he was known as Tony Masters.

Ares - Gerard Butler
I think the bottom picture speaks for itself.

ARES-GB2.gif

Oh, thanks for appreciating my choice for Guardian. It was actually inspired by CBM.com's own LEEE777. The fact that Nathan is Canadian and only a half-a-foot below Jimmy's actual height speaks volumes.

As for OptimusPrime114, how do you feel about doing a War of Kings fan cast?

MarvelComix85, you DO have some pretty good casting choices but I really disagree with you picking or dismissing people based on their height or martial abilities/lack thereof. Remember, this is Hollywood. If somebody doesn't know martial arts, they learn. At least enough for what they have to do in the movie. As far as the height, camera tricks, bro. Tom Cruise is almost a midget but you would never be able to tell on screen.

MarvelComix85, you DO have some pretty good casting choices but I really disagree with you picking or dismissing people based on their height or martial abilities/lack thereof. Remember, this is Hollywood. If somebody doesn't know martial arts, they learn. At least enough for what they have to do in the movie. As far as the height, camera tricks, bro. Tom Cruise is almost a midget but you would never be able to tell on screen.

I know. But I kept Hugh Jackman as Wolverine on a fan cast on CBM, and some guy criticized it because of height. NOT THAT I HATE THE CHOICES. I'm surprised Lee Pace never even graced CBM as someone's choice for Mister Fantastic.

As for martial arts, if I directed a movie, I'm more into keeping a modest budget and not spend too much on martial arts classes. I guess I'm crazy like that. :o But I know Garret Hedlund and Olivia Wilde can definitely fight after seeing Tron Legacy, though I love Hedlund for Nova and Wilde for Crystalia Maximoff.

Last edited:
"Moon Knight - Cillian Murphy"
i believe he's got what it takes to portray the psychological aspect of the character, al he needs to do is bulk up.

"
Iron Fist - Garrett Hedlund"
Charlie Hunnam was my first choice, but Hedlund in Tron Legacy reminded my of Danny Randy from the start of Matt Fraction's Iron Fist run. The "supossedly" reckless young business mogul.

"
Luke Cage - Anthony Mackie"
i prefer people who can act, and do it well. Luke Cage is a hard one to cast, the actor needs to be able to bulk up, but more importantly, need to connect with the audience. I'd prefer an actor over a lookalike any day.

"
Daredevil - Michael C. Hall"
"Save some budget"? wouldn't Michael C. Hall be substantially cheaper than Matt Damon?
i believe he has shown he can play a character with 2 sides, looks believeable with red hair and is in terrific shape.

"Punisher - Jon Hamm"
Punisher doesn't necessaryliy need to be ripped, Ray Stevenson was just big and alot of people loved him as the punisher. I believe Hamm has the presence and the emotional core to pull off the punisher without the character being 2 dimensional

"Misty Knight - Rosario Dawson"
"Sydney Tamiia Poitier" is not a bad choice, i like it

"Namor - Jonathan Rhys Meyers"
Eric Bana was my first choice for the character, but i feel we need someone who looks youthful but exudes a mature sophistication.
He's played a monarch well on the Tudors.

"Black Bolt - Eric Bana"
He seems more like Black Bolt to me, i have confidence he could act with his body and face, conveying everything we need to know, without saying a word.
And any accent slips would be avoided lol

"Sharon Carter - Michelle Monaghan"
seems like she could kick ass, be related to Atwell, and be a convincing love interest with Evans

"She-Hulk - Hilary Swank"
i think she's beautiful and could kick ass. nuff said

"Sentry - Alexander Skarsgard"
Bummed he didn't get thor, could do well in the role. Ka-Zar would be pretty cool too.

"Nova - Mathew Bomer"
going for someone youthful, but not too young who could grow into the role as the films mature.

"
Black Panther - Chiwetel Ejiofor"
Has prescence, can kick ass. Has a regal look about him

"
Mr. Fantastic - Lee Pace"
Same kind of character as seen in Pushing Daisies, but replace pies with science. Kind of awkward but can be commanding and confident when needed.

"
Dr. Strange - Adrian Brody"
Just waiting for the right role to really bust loose

"
Hank Pym - Simon Baker"
He's underrated, can play inteligent, neurotic, confident, cocky.

"
Janet Pym - Olivia Wilde"
Morena Baccarin was my first choice too, but after seeing tron i wouldn't mind Wilde at all

"
Foggy Nelson - Shawn Astin"
need a serious actor, no more comic relief

"
Kingpin - Chi McBride"
i don't think they'll go with an african american for Kingpin again, but if they did he'd be a great choice.
take a look at him in "Cradle to the Grave", he was only in it for a scene or two.
i'm trying to think of someone outside of Ray Winstone and James Gandolfini.

"
Bullseye - Jeffery Donovan"
i think he's got the face and the perfect grin for bullseye, got a great voice for bullseye as well to the point that now i just heart it when i read Bullseye dialogue.
is in good shape and has done physical and action scenes

"
Dr. Doom - Rufus Sewell"
I don't really see the need for him and Mr Fantastic to be exact contemporaries. Doom could be a little older.
Sewell can play the smart scientist (Eleventh Hour)
can play the mad monarch (The Illusionist)
can be very commanding

"Jigsaw - Garret Dillahunt"
very underrated, see him in Burn Notice, Life and Raising Hope

"
Taskmaster - Stephen Moyer"
funnily enough learning some fighting techniques is part of the character

Last edited:
I like Cillian Murphy as an actor, don't get me wrong. That's all I'm gonna say, as to avoid sticking my foot in my mouth.

I never shat on your choice for Iron Fist. Remember what I said, Garret Hedlund was throwing around some serious martial arts skills in Tron Legacy, unless it was some stuntman. Plus, it's hard to find someone young to play Iron Fist. I'd go with Cam Gigandet, but I'm saving him for Venom in a Spider-Man fancast, or my ultimate Marvel Universe casting that'll be up on YouTube eventually.

I actually checked Anthony Mackie's height on IMDB, and he's listed at 6'. So, I guess you trumped me, because I suggested similarly-tall Michael Jai White as Cage.

You know what, I never thought about the casting of Damon being more than casting Hall + martial arts lessons. Again, you trumped me. I'm actually using Hall in a Daredevil fan cast since I started watching the first season of Dexter on DVD, and the mother****er impressed me to no end.

I do see a little of Jon Hamm as Punisher in terms of looks. But can he actually be convincing as a cold-blooded anti-hero? He's more into playing nice guy roles. But don't take that as a knock.

Sydney was a popular choice about two years ago when this thread started. Again, Rosario doesn't strike me as an African American woman.

Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is a highly popular choice over at CBM, so I won't knock you there. Jason Behr is equally popular as well.

I think on CBM, the whole community wants Wentworth Miller as Black Bolt. I wouldn't be against Eric Bana, since he's the right height. I actually thought of Keanu Reeves, because if he doesn't talk, he can actually convince. That might've worked in The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Michelle Monaghan is, nonetheless, a great, underrated talent. She'd be good as Jewel, seeing as she has the height down, and she's popular over at CBM.

Can't disagree about Hillary Swank nor Alexander Skarsgard in some respect.

Hey, if you want an adult Nova, I can't complain.

Can't disagree with Chiwetel Ejiofor, Lee Pace, Adrien Brody, and Simon Baker.

Well, considering Wasp is in college, I wouldn't be against Olivia Wilde. She just became a suggestion on CBM.com.

I'm not saying Foggy Nelson should be comic relief. When he plays Brian Griffin, Seth MacFarlane can dial down the scatological humor and show some serious acting chops. Sean Astin cracked me up in 50 First Dates, but like DDD on CBM.com, I'm trying to stick with someone of the right height.

John Carrol Lynch would be a nice choice for Kingpin. I suggested it on CBM.com, and it got high praise.

You just copied and pasted my opinions for Jeff Donovan as Bullseye.

I'm not against Rufus Sewell as Dr. Doom.

Mind you, I only saw Dillahunt on Terminator: TSCC, so the only thing I can see him as is Vision, even though Doug Jones has the height.

I never had problems with Moyer as Taskmaster, just so you know.

There, I've said my peace.

Also, here's my choice for Avengers Academy member Finesse: Jessica Stroup

jessica-stroup-090109.jpg

Her character on 90210 is practically Finesse sans superpowers. And the short hair works.

Last edited:
I like Cillian Murphy as an actor, don't get me wrong. That's all I'm gonna say, as to avoid sticking my foot in my mouth.
You're entitled to you're opinion, these are just my choices. Hence "i believe" and "i think"
Cillian Murphy doesn't work for you, that's your choice lol

I never shat on your choice for Iron Fist. Remember what I said, Garret Hedlund was throwing around some serious martial arts skills in Tron Legacy, unless it was some stuntman. Plus, it's hard to find someone young to play Iron Fist. I'd go with Cam Gigandet, but I'm saving him for Venom in a Spider-Man fancast, or my ultimate Marvel Universe casting that'll be up on YouTube eventually.

Not saying you did, i'm not trying to be confrontational, you might be hearing a different tone when reading my words.
Cam Gigandet is an ok choice, he's been mentioned quite a few times.
Just not seeing it personally.

I actually checked Anthony Mackie's height on IMDB, and he's listed at 6'. So, I guess you trumped me, because I suggested similarly-tall Michael Jai White as Cage.

And with good camera tricks and lifts they could be 6'2 or 6'3

You know what, I never thought about the casting of Damon being more than casting Hall + martial arts lessons. Again, you trumped me. I'm actually using Hall in a Daredevil fan cast since I started watching the first season of Dexter on DVD, and the mother****er impressed me to no end.

I think it would be distracting to watch Daredevil and only see Matt Damon.
Dexter is a great show, season 4 is outstanding

I do see a little of Jon Hamm as Punisher in terms of looks. But can he actually be convincing as a cold-blooded anti-hero? He's more into playing nice guy roles. But don't take that as a knock.

That's ok, but remember he's an actor. Remember Jeff Bridges before Iron Man. You can't judge someones range when they've played similar characters.
have you seen "The Town". There's a scene where is a total badass. Gun-butting is involved

Sydney was a popular choice about two years ago when this thread started. Again, Rosario doesn't strike me as an African American woman.

Yep, She's a good chioce and you're right about Rosario Dawson. Got any other suggestions for Misty?

Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is a highly popular choice over at CBM, so I won't knock you there. Jason Behr is equally popular as well.

Yeah he does seem to be, Not sure about Jason Behr, haven't seen any of his recent stuff.

I think on CBM, the whole community wants Wentworth Miller as Black Bolt. I wouldn't be against Eric Bana, since he's the right height. I actually thought of Keanu Reeves, because if he doesn't talk, he can actually convince. That might've worked in The Day the Earth Stood Still.

I wouldn't be against wentworth miller. I just think Bana could be an outstanding visual actor.
Good call on Keanu, he is good at otherworldly beings. He's a great visual actor.

Michelle Monaghan is, nonetheless, a great, underrated talent. She'd be good as Jewel, seeing as she has the height down, and she's popular over at CBM.

Ooooooooooo as Jewel, Good call. Can't believe i didn't see that one

I'm not saying Foggy Nelson should be comic relief. When he plays Brian Griffin, Seth MacFarlane can dial down the scatological humor and show some serious acting chops. Sean Astin cracked me up in 50 First Dates, but like DDD on CBM.com, I'm trying to stick with someone of the right height.

I get that you have your reasons for choices, but why is height so important? it's something that can be changed within reason.
Well if he plays it staight and finds the right voice then i'm all for it, but if he uses his real/brian voice it might get distracting.

John Carrol Lynch would be a nice choice for Kingpin. I suggested it on CBM.com, and it got high praise.

you know, that's a very good choice, i like it

You just copied and pasted my opinions for Jeff Donovan as Bullseye.

yeah don't know what happened, it's fixed now

I'm not against Rufus Sewell as Dr. Doom.

he's just my choice, a cheaper and more realistic, yet highly talented choice. unless they really wanna shell out for someone like Ralph Fiennes or Viggo Mortenson

Mind you, I only saw Dillahunt on Terminator: TSCC, so the only thing I can see him as is Vision, even though Doug Jones has the height.

that's ok. i was just suggesting what you should check him out in. he's done guest spots on so many shows and is quite good.
thing about doug jones is he's great at the physical stuff, but someone else's voice should be there.
feels like the magic was gone in Hellboy 2 when i heard his voice and not Hyde-Pierce's

I never had problems with Moyer as Taskmaster, just so you know.

never said you did, i wasn't trying to react against you, i mostly just justifying my choices cause i was in a hurry when i forst posted them.
hope you don't think i'm the nazi fan boy who's forcing these on everyone.
they're just my choices.

Marsha Thomason as Misty Knight

19474313.jpg

In case you're not familiar, she plays Diana on White Collar.

Marsha Thomason as Misty Knight

19474313.jpg

In case you're not familiar, she plays Diana on White Collar.

Hey, not a bad choice. Well, she's from Manchester, England, UK (IMDB, thanks), but she meets the height requirements. I don't know her that well, so maybe she can speak in an American dialect.

I agree with the person who cast Sydney Tamiia Poitier.

Sydney-Tamiia-Poitier8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back