Cast the Remake

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

I think Brisco would actually be a great property to remake as a film. Especially since the Steam Punk genre is now trendy and while it may not have drawn ratings as a TV series, this genre-bending gem would make a good late winter/early spring franchise, I think.

Here’s my cast.

Brisco County Jr. – John Krasinki. He can play that sort of airy, lighter hero well I think. He is a decent enough actor and has good comedic timing for the role.

Lord Bowler – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson – Bowler needs to be funny enough to play off Brisco yet large and physically intimidating when need be. I think the Rock fits that description to a T.

Socrates Poole – Sean Astin. He is a great actor, would actually be available for the role and has a great look ad personality for it.

John Bly – Steve Buscemi. I can think of no one better for the role. Bly is a bad ass without looking it in the least. Despite not being physically imposing he has to be intimidating able to give off a presence of being dominant and a force to be reckoned with. No one can pull that off like Buscemi.

Gillian Jacobs – Britta from Community has a good look for the role, the right kind of attitude for the part and would be all around good in it. Alternatively, I think it is also a role that fits Krasinski’s co-star Jenna Fischer well.

The Professor – John Lithgow. Nutty, eccentric, inventor/Brisco’s mentor, he’d have all kinds of fun with this role channeling his inner-Dick Solomon.

Pistol Pete – Will Forte. Forte may not be a leading man, but he is funny enough in small, over the top roles which is exactly what Pete was.

Lee Pow – No reason that James Hong couldn’t continue with the role.

Brisco County Sr. – This is the perfect role for the original Brisco County Jr., Bruce Campbell.

THE PRINCESS BRIDE (CONTINUED)

Gary Oldman as Prince Humperdink
phoenix2.jpg
prince_humperdinck.jpg

Liam Neeson as Count Tyrone Rugen
RobRoyLiamNeeson.jpg
rugen.jpg

Mike Myers as Miracle Max

mike20myers.jpg
miracle%20max.jpg.gif

Fran Drescher as Valerie
fran_drescher.jpg
valerie.jpg

CONAN THE BARBARIAN (Continued)

Mark William Caloway as Rexor
TAKER_AFF_6.jpg
4239-3762.gif

Paul Levesque as Thorgrimm
21100hhh.jpg
17107.gif

Sean Connery as King Osric The Usurper
lancelot_first_knight_1994_reference.jpg
conand07070wu7.jpg

Megan Fox as King Osric's Daughter
megan-fox32.jpg
5559667_std.jpg

THE BEASTMASTER

Tom Welling as Dar The Beastmaster
tom_welling_headshot-6353.jpg
beastmaster1.jpg

Gary Oldman as Maax
phoenix2.jpg
torn.jpg

Laura Vandervoort as Kiri
itb2-0002.jpg

Michael Clark Duncan as Seth
sk23-sm.jpg
snapshot20090505145253.jpg

Moises Arias as Prince Tal
fdbssdfbd.jpg
0.jpg

I would keep the story essentially the same. The only changes I would make would be to change Ruh from a panther to a tiger (so that they don't have to kill another tiger by dying it's fur black like they did in the original), and I would get rid of the man eating bird people.

For the ending, when the Juns are closing in on Dar, Seth, Kiri, and Tal, just as you think all is lost the gates to the city open and the townsfolk come charging out wielding weapons taken from the temple armory, and some of them simply wielding clubs, staves, pitchforks, cooking knives, wood axes, and anything else they can get their hands on. Then the Juns, who have lost many men to the moat of flaming tar and had just watched their leader and greatest warrior bested in single combat, are demoralized and flee after a brief struggle.

Last edited:
Is it me or did this thread die when Thundarr made it "Put Smallville actors in various 80s movies roles,"?

Is it me or did this thread die when Thundarr made it "Put Smallville actors in various 80s movies roles,"?

It actually died a while before that. I'm just trying to resurrect it.

And I'm having a tough time coming up with young actors to fill the roles of my favorite 80's movies, so I use the ones I can remember (Haven't had cable for over a year now).

Are you honestly saying you don't want to see Laura Vandervoort reinacting Tanya Roberts' skinnydipping scene from the original Beastmaster?

THE BEASTMASTER

Jared Padelechi as Dar The Beastmaster
jared-padalecki-shirtless.jpg
beastmaster1.jpg

Gary Oldman as Maax
phoenix2.jpg
torn.jpg

Acartlett Johansen as Kiri
scarlett-johansson-golden-globes1.jpg

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Seth
Dwayne%20Johnson.jpg
snapshot20090505145253.jpg

Moises Arias as Prince Tal
fdbssdfbd.jpg
0.jpg

Is this better?

Not that I ever wanna see it remade but Back to the Future.

Marty McFly - Aaron Johnson
Aaron-Johnson-aaron-johnson-2108532-311-500.jpg

Biff Tannen - Josh Peck
thewacknesspic11.jpg

George McFly - Anton Yelchin (or Marty)
anton_yelchin_1765245.jpg

Doc Brown - Robin Williams (this was a hard one to think of someone for)
robinwilliams.jpg

Now my question is: If we do a Back to the Future remake, does it take place in 2010/1980 instead of 1985/1955?

Now my question is: If we do a Back to the Future remake, does it take place in 2010/1980 instead of 1985/1955?

Very good question! If it does take place in 2010/1980, what does Doc Brown convert into a time machine rather than a Delorian? It would have to look futuristic/out of this world to people from 1980. And what sci-fi characters/references would Marty use to convince George that he's an alien from outer space and that he'll melt George's brain if he doesn't ask Marty's mom to the school dance? Can't use Darth Vader or Planet Vulcan like in the original, due to the fact that by 1980 everyone knows who Darth Vader and Mister Spock are. Farscape & Andromeda maybe?

Very good question! If it does take place in 2010/1980, what does Doc Brown convert into a time machine rather than a Delorian? It would have to look futuristic/out of this world to people from 1980. And what sci-fi characters/references would Marty use to convince George that he's an alien from outer space and that he'll melt George's brain if he doesn't ask Marty's mom to the school dance? Can't use Darth Vader or Planet Vulcan like in the original, due to the fact that by 1980 everyone knows who Darth Vader and Mister Spock are. Farscape & Andromeda maybe?

Maybe he could reference Transformers & call himself Optimus Prime when he meets George Mcfly. It might be kinda hard to pull of since Raiders Of The Lost Ark would come out a year later so there might have been something on the news about Stephen Spielberg's new character of Indiana Jones but unless George Mcfly was a big Sci-Fi geek & kept up with all of Spielberg & Lucas's movies then maybe, Marty could refer to himself as Indiana Jones for the rest of the movie.

Not sure, but I do know of one thing that sprang to life after that bikini pic of Laura Vandervoort was posted.

Not Farscape or Andromeda...so few people would get the joke that it would be a waste. It'd be more like Shrek from planet Na'vi or something.

As far as what car would look futuristic...take your pick! I can't remember if the Delorian ever was seen by anyone from the past to be honest...if it was though, I'm sure that any number of vehicles could be substituted...maybe a jet powered Segway.

Or better yet let's never ever ever remake Back to the Future. :up:

While I am NOT for a Back to the Future remake, I think the one and only reason to actually do a remake would be so that you could do a somewhat new story set in 2010/1980 with various 80's jokes and references.

Depending on the exact year it was set within the 80's (ie. before 84) then Marty pretending to be either The Terminator ("ive been sent back in time to kill you if you don't take her out") or Kyle Reese or perhaps Freddy would work better than Darth Vader...

But would a BttF set in the 80's have the same impact and and significance as the one we already have, set in the 50s? Also a remake wouldn't necessarily have the follow the exact same story and jokes as the original... I'm not sure what you could substitute as a means of George changing his mind though..

Last edited:
Matt Damon as Rocky

Al Pacino as Pauly

Robert Deniro as Tony Gazzo

Linda Cardelini as Adrian

Clint Eastwood as Mickey

Wil Smith as Apollo Creed

"Iron" Mike Tyson in a cameo as himself (replacing "Smokin'" Joe Fraser)

Not sure about the rest of the cast, but those are the most important ones at least.

Last edited:
Frankenstein

Sean Maher as Doctor Frankenstein

Derek Mears as The Monster

I really don't see why you should flat out remake a time travel story. Part of the fun is making more and better and weirder time travel to tell the same story in a parallel universe or future or something.

The Princess Bride

Dad: Fred Savage (reprising his role from the original movie, now all grown up)

Fred Savage comes home from work and asks Rebecca how their kid is doing. She tells him s/he is still pretty sick. So Fred decides to cheer the kid up by reading The Princess Bride to him/her.

This would be a stroke of nothing short of brilliance.

My recast...

Lost in Space

Professor John Robinson - Lawrence Fishburne
Dr. Maureen Robinson - Julianne Moore
Major Don West - Mark Wahlberg
Officer Judy Robinson - Zoe Saldana
Penny Robinson - Amandla Stenberg
Will Robinson - Tyree Brown
Dr. Zachary Smith - Willem Dafoe
The Robot - James Earl Jones

Now THAT would be something...

I've just recently rewatched the 1980's classic Angel, about a 15 year old honour student living a double life as an LA street prostitute, and I couldn't help but think that this movie could totally use an update.

Angel (1984)

Summer Glau as Donna "Angel" Stuart

Nathan Fillion as Mae

Ellen Degeneras as Angel's Landlady, Solly Mosler

Jeff Bridges as "Cowboy" Kit Carson

Sylvester Stallone as Lt Andrews

Christian Bale as The Serial Killer

Last edited:
I was about to post a cast for a remake of Rocky, because I just finished rewatching the first two Rocky movies, but just realized that I've already done that one. Oh well.

I really don't see why you should flat out remake a time travel story. Part of the fun is making more and better and weirder time travel to tell the same story in a parallel universe or future or something.

This would be a stroke of nothing short of brilliance.

My recast...

Lost in Space

Professor John Robinson - Lawrence Fishburne
Dr. Maureen Robinson - Julianne Moore
Major Don West - Mark Wahlberg
Officer Judy Robinson - Zoe Saldana
Penny Robinson - Amandla Stenberg
Will Robinson - Tyree Brown
Dr. Zachary Smith - Willem Dafoe
The Robot - James Earl Jones

Now THAT would be something...

Thank you

The Last Starfighter

Alex Rogan - Anton Yelchin
Grig - Idris Elba
Xur - Askel Hennie
Centauri - Christoph Waltz
Maggie Gordon - Emma Watson
Louis Rogan - Nolan Gould
Ambassador Enduran - John Hurt
Lord Kril - Ian McShane

tumblr_n1f54u4ftL1qgp557o6_500.jpg

tumblr_n1f54u4ftL1qgp557o4_500.jpg

tumblr_n1f54u4ftL1qgp557o5_500.jpg

tumblr_mmyugs79mE1qb2mnpo1_500.jpg

Sarah Paulson
Lily Rabe
Alexandra Breckenridge

and
Michael Fassbender

THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK

Rethinking casting for a remake of The Last Starfighter after watching this awesome modern trailer.

Alex Rogan - Anton Yelchin
Grig - Lance Reddick
Xur - Aksel Hennie
Centauri - Christopher Walken
Maggie Gordon - Olivia Cooke
Louis Rogan - Chandler Riggs
Ambassador Enduran - Scott Wilson
Lord Kril - Dominic West

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"