Cat faced beast

Man, used to love the Cary Nord/Andrew Pepoy art combo on Mutant X.

Now, they drew a great Brute.

Is this their art? Cause i loved this guy who started the series!

RAMORE said:
this is one of my favorite incarnation of beast:

brute.jpg

He kept experminting on himself till he became uber powerfull but lost his intelligence so he renamed himself brute. Great stories there he had the mind of a child but could remember he used to be smart.

Since this has turned into a beast ange thread i also liked this version of Angel:

fallen.jpg

his name was the fallen and he could breathe fire.

I'd love to see Nord's take on some of the DC characters.

I think he's tailor - made for Batman.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I wasn't too big a fan of Brute. First off, his design makes absolutely no sense. He's primarily aquatic but he has hooves? Yeah, those'll work underwater real well. Plus, part of the reason I love Beast is because he acts like an immature wise-ass a lot, but in reality he's smarter and wiser than just about all of the other X-Men put together. Brute was fine as a character and his childlike intelligence did cause a lot of problems that grew into really good stories in Mutant X, but I'd never want 616 Beast to get to that point. I like him smart.

The Fallen was a jerk. I liked him.

The desing didn't have to make sense that was the point, and brute worked perfectly in the context of that series.

SUPERBENITEZ said:
I think that's Tom Raney - unless I'm mistaken.
Those are indeed by Tom Raney. Nord came onto Mutant X later in the series, presumably because Raney couldn't keep up with a monthly ongoing. Raney's never stuck to one title for long.

I would prefer the ape-like Beast, but I can live with the cat-like--especially since his legs are now in proportion to his body. But I really wish Cassaday would come up with a better costume for Hank. Every time I see him I think 'Playtex girdle'.

They also explained the Goat legs. They weren't there when he orginally became the brute, they were changed to goat legs by Mutant X's version of Inferno I believe.

Ah, I must have missed that issue of Mutant X. I only read about half the series.

you should pick the whole run up it was really good.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Those are indeed by Tom Raney. Nord came onto Mutant X later in the series, presumably because Raney couldn't keep up with a monthly ongoing. Raney's never stuck to one title for long.

what else has he done? i freaking love his art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"