Cat faced beast

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Horrorfan, May 19, 2006.

1. PhotoJones Registered

marvel realized that. that's why warren's got healing powers, now.

2. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Considering he was in a cramped sewer, that kind of makes sense. :confused: Songbird and Moonstone may be B-listers by popularity, but they're both incredibly powerful.

3. PhotoJones Registered

labeling characters as "a, b or c" listers, doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their power.

4. Horrorfan Registered

Yes that was my point...unless it's ariel combat, he's pretty much useless. Not exactly versatile.

5. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Neither are a lot of other characters. But Harl's point was that in aerial combat, he's pretty good. He has an area of specialty that's proven useful in the past.

6. Harlekin Business

Yep, Angel has been stated to one of the best fliers and areal combatants before. That doesn't create a lot of versatility on the ground (even though he can still smack people with the wings), but that still makes him useful, especially if he was finally given a projectile weapon again. Also, Songbird and Moonstone are far from b-listers when it comes to powers.

7. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

"Combatant," not "combatist." Just for future reference. ;)

8. Horrorfan Registered

I just can't remember the last time he did anything really impressive in a fight (and no I don't count beating two Thunderbolts :p). Or anything impressive or useful at all in fact. I can't even think of that many people he could fight in the air when it comes to X Villains, they could easily force him to come down and fight on the ground and then he would get schooled. But that's just me. I've never got why he is semi-popular (except as Archangel, the only time I have been remotely interested in him).

9. Harlekin Business

Studying for exams has totally ****ed with my mind.

10. ampersand Registered

Agreed:up:

11. Abaddon Watching

In conclusion,I prefer simian Beast,and cat-Beast is tolerable only he's drawn like this:

[​IMG]

12. Kotagg Registered

I think the major problem here is that you're rating a character's importance by their combat ability. This goes far to show just what most people want to see in X-Men comics - there's nothing wrong with that at all, of course - but I'd rather see serious character development and furthering of "the struggle."

Combat is shallow, and there can only be so much of it before it becomes boring.

13. ampersand Registered

Double agreed:up:

14. rnewbz More human than human

I never understood why ape beast had the same hair as wolverine, I like the X3 design the best.

15. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

That seems like a personal problem. Songbird and Moonstone, as I and others have pointed out, are immensely powerful. The fact that he took both of them down is a testament to his prowess whether you like the characters or not. It has nothing to do with popularity. The Stranger's not very popular but it's still pretty impressive for someone to take him down.

16. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Old - school beast all the way.

[​IMG]

17. chuckymack Registered

I really dig the Hell out of the cat-faced Beast. To Hell with all of yous.

18. Cyclops Registered

Um.... that's not "old school"...

19. Cyclops Registered

Yeah, gee... I wonder why that is? I know I do my best aerial combat when I'm trapped underground in a tightly confined space, let me tell you.

20. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

When I say 'old school' i'm referring to how Beast looked in the 70's (particularly when he was with the Avengers and in his team-up's with Spiderman) - thats 'old school' to me. 'Classic' Beast would be the hairless Beast who was first introduced in the 1st team.

Believe me, I tried to get a better example of Beast in his 'old school' form but Google has surprisingly few good images of him - thats why I had to use the example I did - even though it was drawn presumably in the 90's - he's still more or less the same.

He's not cat-beast anyway.

21. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I liked Madureira's Beast. Not really the style of it, but the elements he drew. He elongated the arms a lot and hunched him over most of the time, like the actual ape form his previous incarnation was supposed to resemble, and I think he was one of the first to finally free Beast from having Wolverine's hairstyle. Plus he drew Beast with the little grandpa glasses most of the time. :)

22. RAMORE ~The First Avenger~

Hold on a second when did he get goat feet?!?!:eek: I know in mutant x he had hooves but it worked for that character.

23. RAMORE ~The First Avenger~

Generally i don't like cat beast but this is a fair rendition i could live with.

24. RAMORE ~The First Avenger~

this is one of my favorite incarnation of beast:

[​IMG]

He kept experminting on himself till he became uber powerfull but lost his intelligence so he renamed himself brute. Great stories there he had the mind of a child but could remember he used to be smart.

Since this has turned into a beast ange thread i also liked this version of Angel:

[​IMG]

his name was the fallen and he could breathe fire.

25. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I wasn't too big a fan of Brute. First off, his design makes absolutely no sense. He's primarily aquatic but he has hooves? Yeah, those'll work underwater real well. Plus, part of the reason I love Beast is because he acts like an immature wise-ass a lot, but in reality he's smarter and wiser than just about all of the other X-Men put together. Brute was fine as a character and his childlike intelligence did cause a lot of problems that grew into really good stories in Mutant X, but I'd never want 616 Beast to get to that point. I like him smart.

The Fallen was a jerk. I liked him.