Cat faced beast

Cyclops said:
Agreed. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" might be my favorite mini-series of all time.
Wildcats volume 2 and Wildcats Version 3.0 are great as well. If you ever wanted to see someone take characters that were originally really clichéd and boring and turn them into the core of some amazing stories, compare Casey's Wildcats Version 3.0 to Lee's WildCATS volume 1.

You sure that wasn't Pink-Wing or whatever Guthrie's other brother is?

Cyclops said:
You sure that wasn't Pink-Wing or whatever Guthrie's other brother is?
I am sure...there was an issue where Warren went to this investigator and revealed his wings were shrinking.

Warren being depowered was just a ruse for him and the other X-Men to draw out the murderer in the "Generation M" miniseries. He's still got his wings.

Warren pretended he lost his wings in the Decimation Gen-X mini in order to lure in the mutant serial killer that was haunting that reporter chick. On the cover of the magazine it shows Warren with wing stubs and crying out, so it led many to believe he was depowered - which is what they intended. :D

BrianWilly said:
Warren being depowered was just a ruse for him and the other X-Men to draw out the murderer in the "Generation M" miniseries. He's still got his wings.
Ah okay then.

Wolverazio said:
(it may be me, but I tend to think cats as being fairly intelligent while apes are a bit more simplistic)

Primates are way smarter than felines could ever hope to be.

Cyclops said:
Primates are way smarter than felines could ever hope to be.

I knew someone was going to call me on that even as I was writing it.

Fine...but cats are far more stuck up.

I think the idea he's trying to convey may be that primates are more intelligent in a direct comparison, but often their intelligence is perceived as a stupid, autism-esque base level of intellect.

Cats, on the other hand, are far less intelligent, but the intelligence they do possess is classically presented is a devious one; one requiring planning and serious manipulation.

Sometimes it's not so much the scientific facts that matter, so much as the presentation and the actual background of common things like myth and fables. ;)

Kotagg said:
I think the idea he's trying to convey may be that primates are more intelligent in a direct comparison, but often their intelligence is perceived as a stupid, autism-esque base level of intellect.

Cats, on the other hand, are far less intelligent, but the intelligence they do possess is classically presented is a devious one; one requiring planning and serious manipulation.

Sometimes it's not so much the scientific facts that matter, so much as the presentation and the actual background of common things like myth and fables. ;)

Thank you for explaining what my general bad mood and overall tiredness didn't feel like conveying.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, they made him look like Kelsey Grammer with one of the worst make-up jobs I've ever seen. ;)
How DARE you :mad:

TheCorpulent1 said:
I meant since he lost the metal wings. The most badass thing I recall him doing after that was basically chasing Deathverine through the city, nagging the hell out of him until he finally relented and rejoined the X-Men.
He did own a couple of the Thunderbolts. Archangel should be a badass, just not of the writers know what to do with him (besides Casey).

Kotagg said:

Oh. So, basically, it's a more verbose form of "Yeah, well... shut up! :mad:" ;)

What can I say? I grew up with the "old" beast. The cat one is odd and the goat feet might have been an homage to the Mutant X comic a while back. Who knows?

Cyclops said:
Yeah. I think writers are afraid of using him because all they see is a guy with wings who can't do a whole lot in combat. All they gotta do is use their imaginations a bit. So Scott Lobdell took his metal wings away. Figure out how to compensate and make him an ass-kicker.

The sad truth is, without the metal wings, Angel is just pretty much useless. He can scout I guess, but if I had to choose between him or a Wolverine or Bishop watching my back? Hit the shower room, Warren, you're outta there.

Horrorfan said:
The sad truth is, without the metal wings, Angel is just pretty much useless. He can scout I guess, but if I had to choose between him or a Wolverine or Bishop watching my back? Hit the shower room, Warren, you're outta there.
Except that he's the absolute best in aerial combat. Like I said, he schooled the Thunderbolts Songbird and Moonstone, even though they were in a confined space. A swan's wings can break a man's arm. Warren's wings are a lot bigger and stronger. He has so much potential, but it's hardly ever used.

I grew up with the 90's animated Xmen series on television so to me, those are the costumes and characters i picture when i picture the xmen.

that said, i would prefer if beast looked ape-like again, but IMO the best thing they could do is have him look like he originally did, no fur, just a big guy, like he appeared in 1602

I'd like to see Beast return to his furless, original look temporarily. I think Whedon could probably do some great character work with him if that happened.

Harlekin said:
Except that he's the absolute best in aerial combat. Like I said, he schooled the Thunderbolts Songbird and Moonstone, even though they were in a confined space. A swan's wings can break a man's arm. Warren's wings are a lot bigger and stronger. He has so much potential, but it's hardly ever used.

He beat two b-listers....I am hardly bowled over. And best in arial combat? What does that mean? I can't think of many villains that would actually help against. I mean look at what happened in the Morlock Massacre when he tried to play hero. No amount of ariel combat helped him then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"