Catfish

Paroxysm

Superhero
Reaction score
catfish6-550x309.png

One of the big hits out of Sundance this year was Catfish, a film about a boy who falls for a girl via the internet, then takes a trip to meet her in person. It’s one of those films that relies upon mystery from moment one — basically, everyone I know who has seen the film says it’s best to go in knowing as little as possible. So ask yourself — do you want to watch the trailer below?

I’m going to use the fact that I’m writing this from an EVDO connection in the passenger seat of a car (technology!) to account for the fact that I’m going along with recommendations and not actually watching this trailer. If you want another opinion, check out Devin’s take on the trailer at CHUD, or Katey’s at CinemaBlend.

Here’s what Rogue Pictures has to say about the film, though I’m sure there are those who’ll tell you that even reading this is knowing too much:

In late 2007, filmmakers Ariel Schulman and Henry Joost sensed a story unfolding as they began to film the life of Ariel’s brother, Nev. They had no idea that their project would lead to the most exhilarating and unsettling months of their lives. A reality thriller that is a shocking product of our times, Catfish is a riveting story of love, deception and grace within a labyrinth of online intrigue.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/30/movie-trailer-the-sundance-sensation-catfish/

[YT]7T_LtBRc6is[/YT]

I'll probably rent this but it's still intriguing.

Sounds great from the description and I don't I'm going to bother watching the trailer for this movie but what genre is it though? Documentary? Horror?

Alright, at first judging from the pic I thought it was a horror movie ala Paranormal Activity.

i have a feeling the trailer is misleading... it looks like a horror film.. but its labeled as docu drama..

looks intruiging though

I saw a preview of this movie last night and I would say its awesome, its not what your expecting but it is at the same time. Its a funny flick but its definatley interesting, ill spoil anything but the ending. I just really enjoyed the flick, it was well done and the main "characters" were hilarious.

I saw a preview of this movie last night and I would say its awesome, its not what your expecting but it is at the same time. Its a funny flick but its definatley interesting, ill spoil anything but the ending. I just really enjoyed the flick, it was well done and the main "characters" were hilarious.
So is it a horror or a drama?

I will say there are no horror elements, though if they went that route it would have been awesome.

A friend at work saw this last week and refuses to tell me anything about it until I see it for myself. It definitely looks intriguing.

Yeah what I have said is really not a spoiler at all, its just a good flick.

i have a feeling the trailer is misleading... it looks like a horror film.. but its labeled as docu drama..

looks intruiging though

It is. I read spoilers and thank Jebsus I did.

I'm not planning on seeing this movie, but I'm positive I know the ending. I just saw a spoiler free review online, and I figured it out.
Let me guess: A guy starts an online relationship with a girl, and turns out she isn't real. He found out by traveling to where she supposedly lives at, and finds out he was led on by some fake made-up person. Maybe he kills himself, or is enraged. I don't know, but I think that's what it is.

Last edited:
Just saw it:)If it is indeed a fake film I have not seen such good acting especially from Angela.Now if it is real..WOW..tragic story.It's just depressing someone would go to the lengths she did for someone to appreciate her art.Definitely in the top Two films of the year for me.Really really good:)

Travesty,you're right except for the ending.

Saw this last night and it is a very interesting film. Too bad more people haven't seen it, only one theater in Denver was showing it and I was the only there. Which was kinda nice, I felt like some rich guy who has his own personal giant movie theater :hehe:

Saw this last night and it is a very interesting film. Too bad more people haven't seen it, only one theater in Denver was showing it and I was the only there. Which was kinda nice, I felt like some rich guy who has his own personal giant movie theater :hehe:

Hahaha :up:

Good movie, btw.

Finally saw it and it was an interesting film, but I think I built up my expectations for the ending a little bit too much. Good film though.

Is anyone else watching the TV show? I actually really liked both the movie and now the show. Very suspense-filled.

There's a TV show? *Googles*

Oh. So, this movie was suppose to be real? I thought it was just done in that style for budget or aesthetics. TV show sounds potentially interesting, but I don't care nearly enough to check it out.

There's a TV show? *Googles*

Oh. So, this movie was suppose to be real? I thought it was just done in that style for budget or aesthetics. TV show sounds potentially interesting, but I don't care nearly enough to check it out.
I was at a friends house about 2 months ago, and I saw one episode of it, and I'm sure the TV show is just as fake as the movie.

Movie was well done in that way, but yeah, it seemed like everything fell a little too conveniently in place and such for it to be legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"