Rotten Tomatoes Is Destroying the Film Industry

This new RT model is ridiculous. I was at least expecting the reviews to be up today. All we have is a generic Tomatometer from their stupid webshow. I want to be able to see the actual reviews and read them.

If they keep it up, I'll be using Metacritic from now on instead.

It's pathetic what they're trying to pull off with Justice League. Hiding RT score? Disgusting, WB, disgusting.

When our distant ancestors wondered about the latest movies, they often consulted the local newspaper and its film review section. And if they wanted a second opinion, a second newspaper would be required. Savagery!

When our distant ancestors wondered about the latest movies, they often consulted the local newspaper and its film review section. And if they wanted a second opinion, a second newspaper would be required. Savagery!

Those were the days.

The day the studios (Universal and WB) killed RT Watch.

Hollywood hated Rotten Tomatoes and found a way to control it.

Everybody as far as Im concerned. Anyone can sit down in front of a desktop,laptop, smart phone and write an acid tongued review to slam anything they think their highly regarded opinion will harm. Again, I like to judge a film myself, and not have some faceless reviewer make up my mind for me.

EXACTLY.

That's what I've been saying. All too often critics base their opinion as if it's a clear representation of fact and that everyone shares their views. It's happened too often and has hurt films, at least in my opinion, that aren't as bad as critics echoed endlessly about via their online reviews.

Of course everyone has opinion and if they feel in their heart of hearts that the film sucks, then that's their right. But to simply bash a film and say "Oh I am right, you're wrong. A and B agree with me, if anyone sees this film they have bad taste in films" is wrong in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"